It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free UFO Researcher Starter Pack

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
voi vittu
foliohattu kuittaa

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi
Section 3.1 Significant free UFO books

Several of the most influential and popular books are now available online.

I don’t simply mean you can order those books online or read extracts from those books - I mean you can read the full text. Free. Now.

Simply click on the titles of the books listed in chronological order below. Enjoy.

Hi,

Some news that I think is fairly significant...

Another UFO book has become available online which I think deserves to be added to my original list of the "most influential and popular" UFO books available online for free. The relevant book is a revised edition of "UFO Study" by Jenny Randles, the well-known British UFO researcher and author.

"UFO Study" is arguably the best book on the basics facts and issues that need to be known if someone wishes to become a UFO investigator. The book was originally published in 1981 has been widely recommended by many researchers (including me) to those wishing to know more investigating UFO reports.

The ENTIRE book can be downloaded free of charge from the very bottom of the webpage at the link below:
www.nufonews.co.uk...

I think everyone participating in discussions about UFO reports on ATS (and other Internet forums) should be encouraged to read this single book.

If you haven't read the book (and it hasn't been in print for quite a while, so it hasn't been that easy to get hold of), download it and have a quick look NOW!

Really - it's worth it, particularly at its current price (i.e. zilch, nada, FREE...).

The revised edition is made available by Robert Moore with permission of Jenny Randles, and includes new material by Robert Moore. See also Robert Moore's research guide to UFOs on the BUFORA website.

Robert Moore is one of those individuals that are all too rare within ufology - he work done for various UFO groups and makes high quality work available on other people's websites without publishing any books of his own or seeking any recognition.

Petitions are common within UFOlogy, usually calling for disclosure. So are campaigns suggesting sending faxes or letters to various VIPs. Perhaps instead of such campaigns, I should start one which calls for members of ATS and others to send a quick email to certain low-profile but hard-working researchers that contribute to ufology thanking them for their work. Robert Moore would be one of those people. There is a brief profile of Robert Moore online HERE, and that webpage gives his email address as rs_moore[at]hotmail.co.uk .

The table of contents below should give an idea of the material covered in the revised edition of "UFO Study":

Chapter 1: Why Ufology? : pages 4 – 8.
Chapter 2: What is Ufology? : pages 9 – 16.
Chapter 3: Classifying the UFO : pages 17 – 19.
Chapter 4: The UFO Report : pages 20 – 23.
Chapter 5: The Source of UFO Reports : pages 24 – 31.
Chapter 6: Basic Investigation : pages 32 – 36.
Chapter 7: The UFO Witness : pages 37 – 46.
Chapter 8: Field Studies : pages 47 – 53.
Chapter 9: Turning UFOs into IFOs : pages 54 –80.
Chapter 10: The Photographic Case : pages 81 – 91.
Chapter 11: Investigating Special Cases : pages 92 – 111.
Chapter 12: Some Example Case Studies : pages 112 –124.

APPENDICES:
Appendix A: UFO Interview Checklist : pages 125-126.
Appendix B: UFO Investigation Checklist : page 127.
Appendix C: Personal Sources Checklist : page 128.
Appendix D: A UFO investigation “toolkit” : pages 129-130.
Appendix E: Laying out a survey grid : page 131.
Appendix F: Code of Practice for UFO Investigators : pages 132 – 136.
Appendix G: Selected Bibliography : page 137.

As I mentioned, the ENTIRE book can be downloaded free of charge from the very bottom of the webpage at the link below:
www.nufonews.co.uk...

Kind Regards,

Isaac

[edit on 9-12-2008 by IsaacKoi]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
If you liked this "Free UFO Researcher Starter Pack", you may be interested in my Free 9/11 Researcher Starter Pack.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Happened to catch a program on Hist International on Morris K Jessup author of “The Case for the UFO”. Although the show dealt primarily with "Philadelphia Experiment" it definately was something I'd like to read.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi
Section 2.3 - Tinwiki, on ATS
I think it is a bit of a shame that so few ATS members appear to be aware of Tinwiki or contribute to it. Tinwiki will only fulfill its potential if more members of ATS (or non-members for that matter...) create new entries and/or edit the existing entries.

Well, as some of you may have noticed, Tinwiki (the wiki associated with ATS) became defunct a while ago and there has been little comment on its disappearance.

Some of the other resources that I mentioned in my OP have also disappeared or become available only to paying subscribers (e.g. a subscription is now payable to gain access to the more recent posts on the UFO UpDates email discussion list - although notably older posts remain free to access and contain a wealth of material).

Sometimes it seems that ufology takes one step back for every step forward (if not two steps back...).

All the best,

Isaac

[edit on 21-10-2009 by IsaacKoi]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

thanks dude.. it helps a lot...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Great thread. This can keep you busy for a few years....

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Goodness me. Looking back on this four year old thread of mine, I'm shocked by how much of it is now out of date (in terms of links going dead and new resources having become available).

When I write about books and magazines, as opposed to the online resources summarised in this thread, the references I give don't become out of date so easily...

Quite a few members seemed to find this thread helpful when I started it back in 2007, so I'm tempted to seriously update it (here or on a website of my own). Most of it was actually quite easy to write since it merely pulled together my own list of links. Anyway, that will have to wait until I finish my rather lengthy item on "Astronomers and UFOs".

edit on 16-2-2012 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join