It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free UFO Researcher Starter Pack

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Absolutely first rate! I find your threads to be of a quality and depth that few achieve. This is a prime example, and should be tattooed on the forhead of every "wannabe" UFO investigator.

With all the effort you put into these posts, how do you find time to work?

I have flagged this thread, and subscribd to it. I urge others to do the same.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
It has been very long since i posted a message here but i just HAD to reply to this thread because it's just amazing what you have done for the UFO researchers out there !

The best UFO researcher starter pack (cool title btw, couldn't have named it better) EVER !!

[edit on 29-9-2007 by Alundra]

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Thank you for taking the time and effort to post this very useful information for the newbies such as myself.

I did see a ufo but was not into ufology at the time. My inept report of the sighting on ATS was a disaster. I hung my head in shame for days.

You have given me something to dig my heels into.

Thanks Again,
Dizzie

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Moderators, this thread seems to be one that should be pinned at the top of the forum? It is well written and provides valuable information.

It's something that most 'newby' people might want to see, if they are wondering how to start researching UFOs.

Well done, IsaacKoi.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
wow issac koi you read my mind and saw my dreams, thankyou thankyou thankyou! omg this is so cool, just a few nights ago i was trying to search for all ufo boards big and small on the internet, and didn't have much luck. All of them were mocking the subject. Flagged!

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Isaak Koi is one of the BEST, if not THE BEST in Ufology today... What else can I say?

It is our Honor and Privilege to have him here at AboveTopSecret.com.

Thread Topped.

Springer...

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Sorry for being off topic, but i love that qoute in your sig springer. I heard that once when i was a kid, but didn't fully understand it till now. It's nice to that the founder is below my post. I don't mean that out of disrespect.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
www.ufo.it...

I just had to post this, i found it while searching for some stuff. It's an italian page in italian and english for sighting in the country, I don't know if it's legit or not.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Excellent work, Isaak...

Thanks for taking the time and making the effort to provide us all with such a magnificent contribution to UFOlogy.

We will all be indebted to you for years to come...

Hats off and bowing deeply...

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
This is a great launching pad. Thanks for doing a great amount of work compiling the content of this thread. I'm listening to a paracast right now.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
its about time someone did something like this

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Besides a library card as already mentioned, a credit or debit card to buy books online which cannot be found or ordered in the library has been really beneficial for me. I have read countless books on the subject of UFOs and such and have given many away over the years.(which I regret now, but oh well!) Now I just loan them and don't get them back.................So it goes.... Also, I have found that emailing Ufologists gets results if you have a pertinent subject to catch they're interest. For instance, I developed an online relationship with one UFO researcher, when I read we had something in common along with UFO studies, I shot him a brief message a few years back. He sent me a ton of files. Some were for my eyes only, (his book was comming out soon.) He answers my mail still to this day. This thread has been a good education for me. I got some great ideas here. Thanks a lot people.

Happy hunting

T.R.B.

[edit on 12-11-2007 by tommyb98201]

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
WOW! this is the mos contributing thread I have seen so far at ATS.

Most superb work!

May you never leave us without your insightful helpful and intelligent presence here at ATS.

:u p:

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Exceptional and thoroughly -- thorough, IsaacKoi. Lot of great stuff I plan to check-out too.
If it's not already listed in your outstanding summary, I quickly like to mention a book for the UFO Investigator beginner which was given to me that may be useful for those interested in getting into UFO Investigation.

Book: Foreword by Stanton T. Friedman

"THE UFO Investigator's Handbook" Craig Glenday, 1999

Publisher: Running Press
Pages: 144

It's a guide from Glenday's perspective, to Researching, Identifying and Documenting Unexplained sightings. In my opinion it's simply a Ufology Researcher/Investigator Handbook right down to essential field equipment.
I recommend it to both beginners and seasoned UFO/EBE researchers and field investigators.

Dallas

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
"Passive radar/UFO motion detectors"

I'm not sure what you mean by these equiptment? Can you list an example of a commercial or portable passive radar system or "ufo" motion detector? I'm interested and have been curious about these items for some time but have so far not been able to find anything feasible.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
My compliments and gratitude for taking the time to prepare and share your efforts, I feel guilty I have not taken the time in the past to discover your wisdom.

I believe a lot of the information you have presented here is available on your blog so I have bookmarked that for digestion at my liesure.

One question though, what is the number one in your top 100.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Since this is my first post in this thread since my original "Free UFO Researcher Starter Pack" article, first of all I'd like to thank everyone for all the kind words (in this thread and sent via U2U) about my article and the flags given to it. It's nice to be appreciated!

Some of you may be interested to know that I've almost finished a similar article in relation to 9/11 conspiracy theories. It's taking a while to finish off, because my relevant notes are quite a bit longer than my "Free UFO Researcher Starter Pack" .

Anyway, the reason for posting in this thread now is simply to respond to the query posted by sherpa:

Originally posted by sherpa
One question though, what is the number one in your top 100.

Well, my Top 100 UFO Cases - Revealed! article lists the famous Kenneth Arnold sighting from 1947 as number one. However, that list is simply based on frequency of discussion in a sample of about 960 UFO books.

However, if you are looking for the "best" case, then there is one incident which seems to have become extremely popular with the more serious UFO experts in the last few years - the RB-47 incident from July 1957. That case only ranks as Case 63 in my Top 100 article based on frequency of discussion in UFO books, but the RB-47 has been mentioned a lot during the last few years when serious researchers have been asked to nominate the best cases.

The RB-47 incident has hardly been discussed on ATS. However, Internos has recently started an informative thread in relation to this incident.

For ease of reference, I'll include the entry from my Top 100 UFO Cases - Revealed! article relating to the RB-47 incident:

63. 45 references : RB-47 radar/visual incident (July 1957)

RB-47 radar/visual incident during a flight over Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, and Oklahoma, South Central United States during the early hours of the morning of 17 July 1957.

This was Project Blue Book Case Number 4810.

This incident featured as the top incident in a documentary produced by Paul Kimball entitled “Best Evidence: Top 10 UFO Cases”, purportedly based on the results of a survey conducted by Paul Kimball in 2005/2006 of “a select group of the world’s leading UFO researchers”.

As part of a survey by the Fortean Times in 2007 of various researchers of the ten cases from 1947 onwards that interested them the most, ufologist Jerome Clark indicated he considered this incident to be “the most evidential”.

This incident has featured in the following:

• a list of cases produced by Stanton Friedman for the Fortean Times in 2007 as part of a survey of various researchers of the ten cases from 1947 onwards that interested them the most.
  • a list by Don Berliner of “the top 10 cases of World Ufology” in an interview made available on the UFO UpDates discussion List on 14 January 2007.
  • a list by Paul Kimball of his own nominations for the top 10 cases.

This incident is discussed on the ATS.com forums in Thread 12193.

For links to various relevant documents and articles online see: www.nicap.org...
ufologie.net...
www.ufoevidence.org...

(For references to relevant discussions in various UFO books see Koi Chronology 1957.0717)

Kind Regards,

Isaac

[edit on 24-5-2008 by IsaacKoi]

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Well, my Top 100 UFO Cases - Revealed! article lists the famous Kenneth Arnold sighting from 1947 as number one. However, that list is simply based on frequency of discussion in a sample of about 960 UFO books.

Well I guess that should not be to surprising I suppose considering it's vintage and perhaps it's media coverage at the time, plenty of time for any post 1947 publications to be aware of it, and it would appear there were many.

960 books and you have read them all, if I understand you correctly, that's not so much a collection as a library

Thanks for the info regarding RB-47 I really must be off to read internos's thread.

edit sp

[edit on 24-5-2008 by sherpa]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
For someone just starting to investigate UFOs and aliens, I would highly suggest this video:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Wow, outstanding thread! I found this thread doing a search for Francis Ridge. Growing up, my mom called him the Ufo guy. I went to grade school with his son, we were in the same grade. Back then, I was a kid and wasnt much into ufos, except for a passing interest. I thank you for your effort in this page, I am definitely going to have a lot to be reading and studying now!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join