It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

t&c question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 03:24 AM
link   
just wondering, but is it against the t&c of the site for a member to openly call for the murdering/torturing of a person/persons?

it's one thing to call for the death sentence for a persons crimes but i've seen some really disturbing posts on here from some members lately in regards to what some people would be prepared to do to someone else. i find it quite sickening.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Terms And Conditions

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I think this also applies from the T&C......

2e.) Illegal Activity: Discussion of illegal activities; specifically mind-altering drugs, computer hacking, criminal hate, sexual relations with minors, and stock scams are strictly forbidden.

Uttering a death threat is against the law in many jurisdictions as is making threats of bodily harm.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Can we discuss the Governments involvement in wars, torture and the destruction of the Constitution, or do they get a pass on the rule about discussing criminal conduct? Or am I missing the point while making one

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Redge777

Talking about someone else's criminal activity is one thing, but you cross the line when you say you are intending on committing the act yourself, or are currently involved in criminal activity.

It comes down to intent, and that's what I think the OP is talking about.
A recent thread concerning the abuse of a young girl is likely the reason for clarifying this issue.
I know it's a disgusting act that this person allegedly did, and I understand the vehement disgust that members feel towards the perpetrator, but you can't post your intent of vigilantism. His punishment will be decided in a court of law, and stating an intent to murder or torture him is wrong.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
See, here is exactly what is wrong with the world today. Everyone plainly understood that those who spoke harshly were overtly IMPLYING that they were speaking about WHOEVER was guilty of harming that child.

And now we have the wussy squad, wanting to make sure no one has been unkind towards a child molestor, and wanting to use the T&C to enforce their mamby pamby attitude for everyone else.

I'm sorry for insulting your sensitive nature on this issue, but those guilty of child abuse need to be gutted and hung out alive as buzzard bait. That's punishment for a criminal that is of the lowest order.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Terms & Conditions Of Use

Anyone who takes a moment to read these, will clearly understand what is acceptable, and what is not acceptable. If you, as a member, see something on the boards that appears to be in violation of these conditions, but it seems that no staff member has taken action, feel free to submit a complaint on the matter. It is very possible that a staff member has not been able to take a look at it yet. Your alerts make our job much easier.

Online message boards are almost synonymous with rudeness, ignorance, abrasiveness, etc. Above Top Secret is the exception to that rule. We promote the exchange of valid opinions, but we do not promote the personal attacks of other members.

Originally posted by TheBandit795
With this post, I command all ATS members (who are warned regularly) to watch mandatory football (soccer for U.S. nationals) and basketball (NBA preseason will suffice, or the other domestic leagues around the world).

Watch the games and watch the games good. Pay especially attention when fouls are being committed. Notice why a foul is commited. Please do!!!

You will notice that when a player is called for a foul it's because he went after the opponent instead of the ball.

Your Attention Is Needed...

Very simple really.

Thread Closed.

[edit on 30-9-2007 by chissler]

top topics

join