It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Element 115 question

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Ha, this article is link into the TinWiki site

TinWiki Element 115

I think it is great how anybody who displays healthy curiosity about this subject can see how the major players in the whole fraud contradict themselves (MULTIPLE TIMES) in the discussion and come out looking like complete hoaxers. If anybody with half a brain reads the TinWiki site and then follows the link to this thread they will get the real truth.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I can't help it, I have to quote myself on this one.....

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts

This is my example of how ridiculous this story is:

I have a piece of an alien spacecraft. It would prove pretty much most conspiracies, some true and some false. It has the ability to REVOLUTIONIZE the world.....but it is too dangerous, I, along with 2 others, will not let it out into the public. You realize this is for your own protection.

However, I have a nifty video of me and a couple of friends banging a hammer on a piece of metal I will show you. Will that get you by? No? You mean now that I admit I am in possession of the actual object you want to see that? Why? Video not good enough? Maybe I should have stated that I LOST the alien spacecraft debris and all I have left is the video....but I did not say that, did I. Opps, I'm in a corner now.....maybe I can get some of my blind followers to back me up here, and make you look like some big, evil skeptic to take the heat of my ridiculous and absurd notions...

Consider the above a 100% depiction of this whole thread in a simple nutshell. Just replace the words "alien spacecraft" with element 115 and there you go.

Pretty silly, huh?

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
The guy is most likely a fraud. I don't honestly believe he makes it ALL up - who could - but more than likely he is easily duped.

I seriously wonder if I made up a video + conspiracy theory whether I would get a following like this. I am sure I could make up a convincing theory for people, it seems as if some want to believe.

At least if I thought it through it could be a much more convincing theory. Hmm... I sound like L-Ron before he started scientology or john rainer before he pretended to be a time traveller!

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by sufusciI seriously wonder if I made up a video + conspiracy theory whether I would get a following like this. I am sure I could make up a convincing theory for people, it seems as if some want to believe.

Some people really desperatelly want to believe. In some cases, the more ridiculous the belief, the better.. This is actually one of the least ridiculous ones..

Some people think, that Lazar predicting element 115 is a big thing..
That only means, that they don't understand, how the periodic table of elements works.. Scientists can always attempt to make the next element, "simply" by adding one proton to the previous one..

Of course there is no assurance it will be stable, and this one wasn't, which is very telling..

But i think, that when Lazar made up 115, he didn't try to guess correctly.. The table of elements was a lot shorter back then.. I believe, that he simply tried to pick a number high enough, that it wouldn't be discovered for a long time, preferably never.. This way, his story couldn't be disprooved..

Unlike believers want to believe, now that 115 was actually created, this doesn't confirm Lazars claims.. It does just the opposite in fact..

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a few points:

you cant use the argument that 115 is unstable to completely dismiss this, just because the two isotopes obtained SO FAR are unstable, thats silly. Sure if you were evaluating whether to invest money into building something with 115, the previous results would say its not a good bet, but thats not what we are doing. We are evaluating a claim for SPACE ALIEN TECH! ie, its SUPPOSED to be beyond what we currently "know". saying we dont currently know of any stable isotopes of 115 is kinda the point.

the cosmic ray bombardment thing is a good point, leaves 3 options:
1 the reaction to proton bombardment (115-116-antimatter etc) is NOT a chain reaction
2 the sample obtained is NOT 115
3 the whole story is bunk
(take ya pick, me I'm favoring 3 while at least considering 1)

the point mentioning the sample itself giving off alpha particles is making the assumption that this isotope is unstable enough to be radiating regularly enough for them to notice: while perhaps likely based on current knowledge, I wouldn't call that a forgone conclusion.

the point mentioning disinfo and distraction from true alternative energy/antigravity tech is interesting: If people are convinced space aliens are using 115 to power their ships, they aren't using, say, zero point energy extracting devices.... a nice distraction from researching real possibilities if this is all a load of ....

the point mentioning "solve all mankinds energy problems" erm... no. you still need a source for more of this element. 200 grams would give you 0.2*C^2 (MC^2)joules of energy which is roughly 5 TW hours of energy, or enough to solve all USA's energy problems for about, oh, 3 hours....not really worth risking your life for

to the person saying "nothing can be hidden in todays day and age etc..": WHat the .... are you talking about:

"they" can manage to keep under raps the FACT (in my well researched opinion) that they blew up three buildings with around 3000 people in them live on international television.

"They" can keep under raps that dozens (or is it hundreds?) of what should be reliable witnesses claim aliens exist and have been interacting with us for many decades (disclosure project).

you think "they" cant stop one bloke with a bit of metal that behaves strangely?

and no I'm not claiming all scientists are in on this and would cover it up, very few are (and I consider myself a scientist anyway, being a phd student in a scientific area). Its simply about sowing doubt. Human psychology takes care of the rest (and stealing your sample so you cant continue to prove it, or just bribing/scaring/killing you to keep you silent if they catch you in time)

I should point out that even given the above, I don't actually give this story much chance of being true, it DOES seem more likely to be dis-info(*), but I just want to make sure we don't dismiss it for the wrong reasons.

(*) mainly because neither Lear or Lazar are dead yet, and Lazar seems to be still getting government work, which I thought was hard (but not impossible) to explain if this is real...then again, if Lazar disappeared or lost all his contracts, that would be far more suspicious, don't you think?

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Ununpentium aka element 115 featured on a recent episode of "Seven Days" on the scifi channel.

Lear's assertion of performing an experiment with some of it is complete crap. Information on the element can be viewed here (link's to a periodic table of elements with glossary for each one.)

www.webelements.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chorlton
reply to post by johnlear

Oh come on John. Im not talking about some crackpot website with pictures of UFO's and other junk supporting Lazars delusions.
I mean real government evidence.

Let me tell you something, oh-so-demanding-one, do you seriously think you can go in and take government evidence and get away without them knowing? No really, do you? 1947, people involved with such became "DEAD". As in, CEASE TO EXIST. How they do it now is unknown but I don't doubt the possibility of them erasing everything of your or anybodies existence from computer systems, dropping you off and making you the victim of a freakish accident resulting in death.

Possibilities outweigh largely, the impossibilities, but we as humans see much more impossibilities because we have a scientific boundary called a law, in which we are taught can't be broken. However, these people reverse engineering vehicles not for our world are only getting bits and pieces, leaving huge gaps in between. It takes time and patience to get to where these other civilizations are, not cutting the line to catch up with ET's that existed millions of years before we did. And that is going to be our downfall.

Look, if you want the HARD evidence, its all here. Not on the forum, but in these little places hidden in mountains, ect. It's not going to arrive to you on a silver platter, its going to take force. You really want your evidence, or so you bother to ask people, where is it, then help create Protests. Your not going to get an INCH with peaceful protests. To tell you the truth, over 50% of adult Americans think UFOs are "real," over 70% think the government is hiding information about UFOs, and 40 % think that the government is concealing information proving the existence of UFOs, presumably hardware or bodies. Those are extreme numbers there. Lets get a revolution started on one of the most important, but ignored, part of the history of the human race. Come on, we outnumber the agencies by millions. First stop, total take over of CIA!

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AmA7oRiii

Odd...you join up today to reply to a thread that hasn't been replied to for 20 months?

If I may ask. Why?

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

But he's right though - a lot of people who were around in 1947 have indeed ended up dead ......

top topics

<< 17  18  19   >>

join