It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Element 115 question

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pilgrum
2. He states that the formed cylinder was then machined into a conical shape. Thinking that this would be the most valuable material on the planet I was horrified to think that 50% of it would be machined away

Well, Dr.Lazar does not seem to be preoccupied with preservation of that material in the first place. According to earlier posts in this thread, 2/3 of these impossible to replace artifacts were stolen from his residence in two separate burglary incidents (!). You would think that a reasonable person would have a safe fireproof strong box anchored into the concrete floor in the basement or garage, in which to put his wife's jewelry and other things of comparably high value such as unique metals donated to us by space aliens, that in addition can generate unlimited amounts of energy! And get the ADT security system installed. But no, apparently Dr.Lazar kept these objects of unprecedented importance as paperweights on his desk or something.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The problem with making these new elements is stability. Some only last micro seconds which means you would need some substantial equipment to measure anything. Check this great video on the subject. Link to video below.

www.pbs.org...

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by cloakndagger

Dear CnD, do you really think people are talking physics here? heck I would love a discussion of a model of a heavy nucleus.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I'd like to welcome any new element 115 curiosity seekers. Please, feel free to start at the beginning of this thread, if you have time for such nonsense, lol.

And remember, this is only one small part to debunking that fraud Bob, but it stands to reason if this is crap, then so is everything else he was crying about.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
I'd like to welcome any new element 115 curiosity seekers.

Hi IgnoreTheFacts, thanks for the invitation.

And remember, this is only one small part to debunking that fraud Bob, but it stands to reason if this is crap, then so is everything else he was crying about.

I thought, hell, this guy want so badly solid proof that would help him debunking the element 115 story of Bob Lazar, why don’t I give him some support.
I hope that this is in a way useful to you.

Livermore Scientists Team With Russia To Discover Elements 113 And 115

"This just opens up the horizon on the periodic table," said Ken Moody, Livermore's team leader. "It allows us to expand the fundamental principles of chemistry. From new chemistry comes new materials and new technology."

"Twenty years ago, no one would have ever thought that this was possible because the technology to produce such an element just wasn't there," Patin said. "But with the efficiency of the Russian cyclotron and the ability to run the experiments for long periods of time, we were able to achieve this tremendous accomplishment."

"This is quite a breakthrough for science," said Chemistry and Materials Science Associate Director Tomas Diaz de la Rubia. "We've discovered two new elements that provide insight into the makeup of the universe.

Scientists in Livermore's Seaborg Institute, named after the renowned nuclear chemist, reinvent nuclear and bionuclear science to enable out-of-the-box solutions to national problems.

Source; www.sciencedaily.com...

This latest scientific breakthrough, however, provides significant credibility to Bob Lazar’s claims rather than discrediting his claims.

Source; www.gravitywarpdrive.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

spacevisitor:

again, what was the estimated lifetime of these few created nuclei of 115

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

spacevisitor:

again, what was the estimated lifetime of these few created nuclei of 115

Hi buddhasystem, I have no idea, sorry.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   

element 115 created in the lab lives for an incredibly short period of time, hence it's hard to confirm its existence. Slabs of that metal allegedly stolen by burglars from Lazar's apartment were something else
Maybe lead.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   

element 115 created in the lab lives for an incredibly short period of time, hence it's hard to confirm its existence.

It must be an important finding because

The results have been accepted for publication in the Feb. 1, 2004 issue of Physical Review C.

Slabs of that metal allegedly stolen by burglars from Lazar's apartment were something else
Maybe lead.

Well, maybe element 115.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear

You are correct. We had considered shooting protons into it but since 115 is a stable element and 116 is not, if we had succeeded in getting one proton to plug into the 116 it would have instantaneously decayed producing anti-matter which would then have reacted with matter around it in a 100% conversion of matter to energy which, for the 233 grams of the Element 115 we had might have been quite an explosion. Might have blown the experiment right off of the work bench. So we opted for the bell jar experiment.

Thanks for the post, your input and opinions are always welcome.

I confess I did not read the whole thread, so it's likely someone already pointed that out, but in any case...

Mr. Lear, you obviously are not a physicist, let alone a nuclear physicist, otherwise you'd know what you said is completely incorrect. There's no way such a nuclear reaction would produce anti-matter. And even if it does produce, it wouldn't be sufficient to aniquilate all that. Not even at CERN.

There are several non-destructive nuclear experiments you could do with such a piece, with any simple particle accelerator and a couple of detectors. It's been some years that I don't work with nuclear physics, but I still have access to the lab here in Brazil, if you want to come.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I love it when people like you post, lol. You pretty much are hurting the cause you "think" your helping with the large amount of ignorance you are displaying.

If you had bothered to read any of the links, or even the darn thread your posting in, you would know what I am talking about. But then again, please continue. With people like you on the case our point is made LOUD AND CLEAR.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Originally posted by borek

Mr. Lear, you obviously are not a physicist, let alone a nuclear physicist, otherwise you'd know what you said is completely incorrect. There's no way such a nuclear reaction would produce anti-matter. And even if it does produce, it wouldn't be sufficient to aniquilate all that. Not even at CERN.

No I am not a nuclear physicist. But I did wonder what you were talking about and reread what I wrote. Whoops! I made an error. I menat to say if we had gotten one proton to plug into the 115 it would have made it 116 which would have instantaneously decayed producing anti-matter. The rest is correct,

Thanks for the heads up!

(Actually I was kidding about trying to do this as had we succeded half of Las Vegas would have been blown to smithereens.)

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
I menat to say if we had gotten one proton to plug into the 115 it would have made it 116 which would have instantaneously decayed producing anti-matter.

This is a pretty preposterous statement for the following reasons: we are constantly immersed in the cosmic ray flux here on Earth. You can google up "proton flux sea level" or maybe browse a book like:
books.google.com... Ttkk8w#PPA198,M1

or read up on cosmic ray showers. Either way, you'll find out that it is impossible to have an object in a normal building at sea level (meaning not in a mine or other such deep underground location) and not have it hit with protons.

The fact that you, John, are still around and typing your messages on this forum is the best testament that this 115 story is crock.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
It might happen that John really thinks is was element 115, and Bob was just playing a joke on him. I wonder if that is the csae when he will let John off the hook, lol.

Seriously though, just re-reading through this thread remind me of how much this story was blown out of the water using John's own words over and over. I would have thought John might have considered backing off this one, but he took it too far and started contradicting himself yet again on multiple points.

admin edit: removed rude, snide, comment and post banned member for 5 days, enough is enough.

[edit on 1-8-2008 by Springer]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Sorry, I like the occasional joke...for instance, did you hear about the miniature piano?

...but I digress..(and the joke is not appropriate on ATS)...

I used to think that you, ITF and Budha were the same...but you seem to be online at the same time, so therefore, separate...cool....

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

I never thought about it... Indeed, Bob Lazar might have decided to do this practical joke... He probably got a kick out of it, too... "Look, look, here goes another one!" -- screaming, about one of those alpha particles.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Sad though that some people still give a fairy tale, joke or outright lie like this serious consideration.

Thanks for the post ITF. Hope your recovery is going well.

As I have mentioned before, George Knapp said he had a copy of the video tape that showed the Alpha particles being deflected by the Element 115.

I would respectfully request that you hold you insults, jibes and nasty innuendoes until such time as George either finds and sends me the tape and we can watch the Element 115 deflect the alpha particles, or not.

Thanks for your cooperation and good luck on the withdrawal.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I wish Bob gave you the cure for the common hangover instead of advanced knowledge of element 115....that would be something I could use, lol.

Cheers!

I will try to hold further serious discussion until you come up with some items that have not been debated to death by now.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by johnlear

John, in your post describing this improbable experiment, you stated the distance between the alpha source and the piece of 115 was 6 to 8 inches. Now, the range of alpha particles in air is a well understood subject, and you can take a look at a curve like this one:

trshare.triumf.ca...

Long story short, there is no way that the alpha particle was able to reach anywhere near the alleged 115 from where it supposedly emitted

[edit on 7-1-2008 by buddhasystem]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   

John, in your post describing this improbable experiment, you stated the distance between the alpha source and the piece of 115 was 6 to 8 inches. Now, the range of alpha particles in air is a well understood subject, and you can take a look at a curve like this one:

Long story short, there is no way that the alpha particle was able to reach anywhere near the alleged 115 from where it supposedly emitted

Correct. Bob was just looking for a deflection. Unitl we see the tape we won't know the amount of deflection.

Thanks for the post.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join