It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 The Truth.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by paul76
It's impossible to know, but One thing I know for certain is not to be afraid but to embrace the events of 2012, because after the aftermath everything will be beautiful. One thing I do know for sure if nothing happens in 2012 then from that point I will be the worst skeptic on this forum. If nothing happens in 2012 then nothing is ever going to happen in respect to prophecies.

Couldn't agree more.

Time will tell.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by paul76
It's impossible to know, but One thing I know for certain is not to be afraid but to embrace the events of 2012, because after the aftermath everything will be beautiful. One thing I do know for sure if nothing happens in 2012 then from that point I will be the worst skeptic on this forum. If nothing happens in 2012 then nothing is ever going to happen in respect to prophecies.

NO!!!!! These events might happen in 2013, 2011, within a few years delay, as it depends on many things when its going to happen, not IF... WHEN. If nothing happens in 2012, keep your eyes open, and realize dates are not set in stone! If John Titor is not real, he made this perfectly clear from a human, non time traveler standpoint. If nothing happens in 2012, make fun of the people who calculated 2012 wrong. If your using our years (365) with mayan calender, its 2012, if your using real mayan years (thats 395 days year) calculation comes to 2021. Its possible 2012 is disinformation, regardless of any galactic line-up. I said its possible, so don't count your lucky eggs on that either. The end of this society is 'soon' and thats all you can be certain of, never mind exactly when. I have said before Its a perfectly normal human response to want to know a date, but release that and prepare now. If anything, your preparing for death by bettering yourself for god, so even if the end does not come in our... lives? You can be certain that what you did was right, instead of ignoring it, not repenting, and not changing our ways. Since we don't know an exact date, this should push people EVEN FURTHER to get these things done. People are like "oh ya, the end, said many times hundreds of years ago", but with scientific evidence and revelations decryption. I believe thats the one thing we must understand fully, revelations. If anyone here had not read it, go do so now, even if you don't understand, read! Your/our universal subconscious will know, so brining the symbols to the front of your mind might increase your awareness about things.

Ultimately, I would give it a good 20-25 years, to be absolutely sure, before I would call this whole thing a "sham" or be critic. Even then, it could all end in 26, so you can never be critic in this matter (end of society) with any proof I think. Because there is always a future, always a beginning, and always an... END.

[edit on 8-10-2007 by 1337cshacker]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   

2012 is just another year...period!!!

Actually there are a lot of strange things set to happen in 2012. You can call this a coincidence or not, but its still going to be a notable year one way or the other.

January 31st 433 Eros, the second-largest Near Earth Object on record will pass Earth at 0.1790 AU.
March 3rd Mars at Opposition.
April 15th Saturn at Opposition.
May 20th Annular Solar Eclipse
June 6th Second and last solar transit of the planet Venus of this century.
August 24th Neptune at Opposition.
September 29th Uranus at Opposition.
October 19th at 1:36 UTC, the Earth will be home to 7 billion people, according to the US Census Bureau.
November 13th Total Solar Eclipse.
December 3rd Jupiter oppositions.
December 21st Timewave theory hits zero.

Exact Date unknown, or over a time period:
Link: NASA predicts that the Sun will also reverse its own magnetic poles during 2012 as result of reaching the end of the current 11-year sunspot cycle.

A very nasty Solar Max: Like most experts in the field, Hathaway has confidence in the conveyor belt model and agrees with Dikpati that the next solar maximum should be a doozy. But he disagrees with one point. Dikpati's forecast puts Solar Max at 2012. Hathaway believes it will arrive sooner, in 2010 or 2011.

Link: In 2012, asteroid 99942 Apophis comes into view again to recalculate odds of impact.

Link: The number of interstellar dust grains increased from four per day, per meter in 1997 to 12 per day in 2000, Landgraf said. The results were announced earlier this month. He expects the rate to stay constant until 2005, and then increase by another factor of 3 prior to 2013 (translation: the latter half of 2012).

Link: The almost never correct at predicting the future, Bible Code, also predicts a comet striking the Earth in 2012.

There were some other events, I thought there was a comet or two, and some interesting alignments of planets and such, but I don’t have time to look them all up. There is also the theory that 2012 is when our solar system will be merged into the Milky Way Galaxy, from our old galaxy the Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy. Anyway if anyone wants to add to that list, go for it.

[edit on 10/8/2007 by defcon5]

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
"But scholars are bristling at attempts to link the ancient Maya with trends in contemporary spirituality. Maya civilization, known for advanced writing, mathematics and astronomy, flourished for centuries in Mesoamerica, especially between A.D. 300 and 900. Its Long Count calendar, which was discontinued under Spanish colonization, tracks more than 5,000 years, then resets at year zero.

For the ancient Maya, it was a huge celebration to make it to the end of a whole cycle," says Sandra Noble, executive director of the Foundation for the Advancement of Mesoamerican Studies in Crystal River, Fla. To render Dec. 21, 2012, as a doomsday or moment of cosmic shifting, she says, is "a complete fabrication and a chance for a lot of people to cash in."
" LINK

That's it, that's all. We have more chance of a reactor melting down, Iran getting Nukes and Quebec separating from Canada then 2012 producing Dooms Day.

DD.

[edit on 9-10-2007 by DoubleDee]

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DoubleDee

The Mayans were some of the best mathematicians and astronomers the world has ever known. Their calendar was much different from ours, but after rectifications, research, etc. we do know that the date Dec. 21, 2012 coincides with the end of the Great Year (26,000 year cycle). It is not the end of the world. It simply means that the calendar will then start over again in another 26,000 year cycle. They did know something momentous would happen though, but AFAIK, they didn't predict anything specific, but they did see it as a shift in consciousness.
Oddly enough, the stars and planets in the sky will be making strange and unusual alighnments and scientists are studying those movements, but don't know what they might mean. One theory is that the magnetic poles on Earth might shift and there is alot of evidence that points in that direction. Certainly earthquakes and floods would be part of that.
For those that believe in astrology, there are lots of interesting aspects to study in regard to 12/21/12. For those that don't, well at least you have the facts now.
There are many other cultures that also believe in a shift at that time. The Hopi, Navajo, Egyptian, Mayan and also Terence McKenna believe something will happen then. There may be others, too, but those are the ones I know about for sure, so that will get you started anyway, if you want to Google.
I have also read that the concept of time will change - perhaps it is when we hit infinity, who really knows?
2000Y2K was based on the fact that the computers might go whacky, but it was based in fact.
These predictions are not related to Y2K at all. They are predictions made by ancient peoples. Peoples, I might add, who didn't have TV, so they watched and studied the stars and planets and learned a great deal about them. The Hopi believe that we are coming to an end of the Fourth World and will be starting the Fifth World.
Personally, I don't believe it is the end of the world, but I do think there's a good chance on the poles shifting, which would of course kill perhaps 90% of life on the planet, but it will regenerate. This would wipe out things like corporations and corrupt govt., so it may also mean a huge shift in our consciousness. Let's hope so, we all need one here on this planet.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Personally, I don't believe it is the end of the world, but I do think there's a good chance on the poles shifting, which would of course kill perhaps 90% of life on the planet, but it will regenerate. This would wipe out things like corporations and corrupt govt., so it may also mean a huge shift in our consciousness. Let's hope so, we all need one here on this planet.

I don't seem to understand why so many people are happy about the annihilation of over half the world’s population. I agree the world is messed up (i.e. governments, state of the environment, the price of beer). However, to hope for a mass extinction is sadistic; because chances are you're part of the 90%.

I've heard many a scientist state something will happen, and to be honest I haven't read much on it, so that I will do. However, it seems too many people jump on the dooms day bandwagon and wave their placards crying that the end is nigh. Too many read too much into the enigmatic wisdom of the ancients. Their knowledge and their system of belief cannot be understood from someone living outside that viewpoint (especially from someone with second-hand knowledge). Trying is fun, I can admit that - I have a degree in Anthropology so I know something about it.

If we can prevent it, so be it. But if not, have a beer and watch some prison break (how the heck is Michael gonna get out of this one...)

Cheers,

DD.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by cj6

Hey buddy, this is the skunk works forum, not the rant. I see you've been here since 2005 so you should know that by now, and you also have a warning. There is alot of hype around 2012, many sources, many credbile sources, so relax, if you don't think anything will happen, then don't post, or post, but a little less rude. Okay?

-Jimmy-

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Well, people have always associated the end of a century or a millenium with disaster. This is because of 2012. Humans collectively and instinctively think like this because at the end of the "great cycle", disaster does take place. We've just related the cycle to our gregorian calander, this is why nothing ever happens when we expect (y2k), 'cos we're going off the wrong calander. The real calander, the only calander, is the galaxy itself. It repeats it's cycles over and over, always. Never faster, never slower. We, as a species, along with everything else, are a part of this cycle, always have been. This is why we are all collectively aware of a more important meaning somewhere out there. Because on the grand scale, only one thing matters. Galactic cycles.
2012 is just one event, the galaxy is complicated in motion so many cycles exist. But on 2012, the end of the actual galactic year, a 229million year cycle, will happen.
What happened on Earth 229million years ago? And 458million years ago? Mass extintions that make the end of the dinosaurs (65million years ago) look like a normal event.
The mayans studied the movement of our galaxy so meticulously that they were able to see that this would happen, they mapped it, we call that map a calander ('cos the galaxy IS the calander), and that map ends.

On december 21st 2012
There are many more smaller cycles that take place too, and on 2012 we will experience these also, because just like the end of a millenium is also the end of a century, a year, a month, day, hour, minute and second the end of a galactic year acts in the same way.
The Mayans knew their ancestors had experienced cosmic events, that's why they were so interested. In 3114 bc an event took place, and 5126 years before that and so on.
look out people, we are not long for this Earth.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by cj6

ill explain with a galaxy alighnment occuring in 6 years the human spirit will be stimulated to new levels of vibration but the church are holding the prophesis back as they will not allow a mass awareness as this would undermine there plan of spirit weakening check out all the little countries you never heard of and see what you get, surpressed and controlled in a brutal way you would not want to immagine all in the name of god

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
How did this thread turn into a debate about 2012? Isn't it supposed to be about the book the OP presented and other books?

Not that theres anything wrong with debate, but its one that has already occurred on ATS for some time. People should stay on topic. I wonder how many people who posted on this forum have actually read any books on 2012. I would surmise that its only a slim few.

My point here is that we should stop rehashing and debating the same old information. Go out and inform yourselves with the many provocative sources of knowledge regarding this subject. This matter is so important that it is unwise to jump to conclusions without seeking knowledge..

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
i dont really believe either way, but when talking about such histeria, i thought i should toss this out there as well. 2012 adds upto 23 the number 20 plus 2+1 from 20 and 12. spooky....

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I see on www.extremesurvive.com a page inherent to 2012. On the page there are huge collection of theory with videos telling about coming events.
From many years I'm observing those theories and I'm confused due this days climatic brutal w.w. exchanges.

I'm sincerely hope those will remain only silly theories.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
where can i get this book?

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
If you think about it, almost something extraordinary happens every year.
2012, there might be something out of the ordinary (like the US not going to war with some middle-eastern country)
But the world will not end, there will be no NWO, there will not be a revolution.

All this crap is like Y2k, It didn't happen.
If it isn't 2012, what will it be.
"O sry, the calendar war 4 years behind, it's really 2016."

Doomsayers will always have a date, a time and a excuse for why IT didn't happen last time.

The world will continue turning.
Human life will be the same as every day.
Work, work harder, get money, spend money, work and die.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Nothing is going to happen 2012 people are sellin stuff to make their ends meet.
all the biblical prophesy is false and it's a way of spreading Christianity to non
Christians who are living on other side of the globe by using prophesy as the
main issue and moreover sun is in the middle age and it has a life of 50 billion
years.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by evo80

truth of the matter is that on 12-21-2012 the sun will be in the center of our galaxy which is a known fact. What would this cause the earth to do?dunno?it happens every 26,000 years fact. Ask yourself: if the earth's polars shift what happens? Natural disaster I say. What if we lose our magnetic field? Left in the in the open, what then? Can man fix that? Many scenarios could happen all at once. It's a really serious situation. Think about it,if were gone from earths cleanse,what can survive? What will evolve?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by cj6

yeah dahts not true because it didnt happen in 2000 so how is it now gonna happen in 2012.?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

That should give you enough info.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by WishForWings
All this crap is like Y2k, It didn't happen.
If it isn't 2012, what will it be.
"O sry, the calendar war 4 years behind, it's really 2016."

That probably is what will happen if nothing happens in 2012.

BUT you can't compare Y2K to 2012! 2012 has hundreds and even thousands of years of structure behind it!

If the Masons think it is important enough to build monuments around it, I think it is defintely important!

Watch my video (in post above) and I bet I can make a believer out of you yet. And to anyone else who wants to claim that 2012 is the next Y2K, explain to me exactly how the world was to end in the year 2000. Sure computers would be down and we'd have to change our lifestyles but we wouldn't all die. Silly

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join