It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 The Truth.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
As many of you may know there is a new book 2012 out. I have to wait until my birthday to get it but i was wondering what the author believes is going to happen on this infamous year. Also what do you think will happen and what do you think the leading conspiracy on it is. I know some about 2012 but i would like to hear more, from everybody.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I read a book called 2012: The Return of Quetzlcoatl. It was written in 2006. The author made a very convincing case for something extraordinary occurring in 2012. He approached the issue in a very skeptical manner, always questioning what he came across. Despite his skeptical nature he eventually comes to the conclusion that 2012 should not be taken lightly. It was very well written, very philosophical and intelligent. It took me forever to read because I had to stop and contemplate every paragraph.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Vipassana

I have started to read this book as well. And I echo your thoughts about the authors approach to this subject. He presents the facts in a very provocative manner.I too have had to read back through chapters to be sure that I take it all in. It's a great read so far and I believe this subject matter to be of much importance.

cj6

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Shackleford

2012 is just another year...period!!!

btw, does anyone remember anything happening in 2000?!?!?!

No?.....I didnt think so!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by cj6

Right. And since there was no attack on New Zealand last year, there will never be a attack on New Zealand...

Your argument just failed. Get a new one.

As far as I know, most of the hype around 2000 was because of the computers storing dates used 2 numbers instead of 4 for storing the year. There was a fear of computers breaking down and causing unexpected things to happen. Like missile silos going off... :p

2012 on the other hand, has lots of information from multiple sources across history. Also the year has astronomical significance. Something is bound to happen. In fact, I challenge you to find another year with the same amount of "hype".

[edit on 8-10-2007 by Copernicus]

cj6

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
LOL!!!...and these "multiple sources" are basing their beliefs on what exactly?!?!

oh, right...absolutely nothing!!!

Basically your telling me if I randomly say "The world is gonna end in 2012" it's gonna happen?! Simply because I've said so?!

STOP believing that something is gonna happen in 2012 just 'cuz some random ass person says so!!!!!!!!! Unless they have significant proof...which at this point...NO ONE DOES!!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

The Y2K wasnt the only thing that people were worried about, there were heaps of stories about aliens invading the earth and asteroids hitting and pole shifting. Its exactly the same as 2012 if you look at it.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
2012 *might* be different then the 2000 Y2K hysteria.... I was looking thru a "Cosmic Catastrophe" book which had some selected writings from early earth inhabitants, an American Indian tribe once saw two suns rising, one yellow and one blue which "destroyed all the crops" that season.... all that MAYANS warn about are massive earthquakes. And w/ that HAARP satellite up there, the gov't could easily do that. "Death in the Air" was a good read on how *they* could do something like that and already are w/ the chemtrail issues.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Don't forget about the solar activity that is due to be taking place starting late 2011. Earthquakes and flooding are the problems i hear about the most when learning about 2012. I believe that 2012 will be the start of a new, higher level of consciousness in humans. One that we need to make if we want to survive as a race.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Shackleford

Hi,

I have found this book to contain most of the information I need regarding the year 2012.
There are two books; which both are free and though it might not apeal to you just at least read it or save it some were for a later date.

Link//// www.the-end.com

Good luck

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I agree, where has this number come from? Has it just appeared out of thin air? Where has it originated from for people to get excited about it and what are the stories?

Also if you believe the Governments are able to do something as mentioned above on the year 2012, it couldn't have had a bigger exposure lol. They would do it in 2011 or 2013 when people are wondering nothing.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
its so hard to decipher the actual date when our calendar has been screwed with and was it ever in sunc with the mayan calendar?

the gregorian calendar changed in 15??, I have the book at home and the dates are off

also the birth of christ has never been truly shown to its exact year so whos to say what year it is right now really

i believe its the japanese calendar that states year 5766, can anyone else verify this

personally what do i think of 2012? im not all to sure, part of me wants to think it has to deal with the great tribulation or its just a number thatll pass onto 2013, well see though eh

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
In 2012 we hit a singularity in knowledge. What is happeneing is that as technology is growing and information is spreading more and more, we will hit a point of infinity. Think of it like a graph, where the bottom numbers are years, the line plots technology/intelligence, and the left numbers are degree of intelligence. The line is moving up and up, and is speeding, so its not going to go diagonal forever, it will eventually go straight up! Into infinity, we are close to this. Everything that can happen, will happen. There will be a WW3, solar flares, massive earthquakes, a brown dwarf returning (planet x, nibirus, wormwood)

Look in the archives for a "John Titor". I think John Titor is physic, not a time traveler, he just made up story that to make it believable. Time travel is possible, but he is not really from the future, the bible code says he is a prophet, and can see past dates of 2012, up to 2036/38. Most of his dates are wrong, but the events said ARE happening. He mentioned WW3, where 3 billion are killed (1/3 human race as mentioned in revelations).

Will 2012 be the end of the world? I don't think so now, it will be the end of society as we know it, we will mentally evolve, god will destroy the evil (as the flood with Noah did) and humanity will continue with new, better ways. The end of the world simply implies the end of this 5th sun cycle, and the beginning of another. Now who would even care about another cycle if no one was around?

The last time this happened (the last cycle flip), was when Neanderthal Man disappeared with little trace, and Cro-Magnum man mysteriously appeared, and man began to draw on cave walls, illustrating mental/some physical evolution. This time around, the entire surviving population will all reach enlightenment automatically, OR, with little effort, OR, make people take things much more seriously/realize the truth so they can reach enlightenment. This is years away, but I am striving to reach enlightenment though the ways of the ninja (ninja were indeed enlightened/spiritually aware, able to heal broken bones in days, harness their chi, excel even modern warriors in combat, etc.)

We do not come from apes like mainstream science wants us to accept.

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil
its so hard to decipher the actual date when our calendar has been screwed with and was it ever in sunc with the mayan calendar?

I think it will happen 'around' 2012, not in it, although it could be 2012, or 2021, or 2009, or tomorrow, but it will be soon, that is for sure. Do not struggle to find a date, that is of course your first human reaction.

The bible is meant for all time lines, specifically revelations. There are NO dates in revelations and only uses symbols because they vision John had (John, author of revelations, not John Titor) applies to all time lines with humanity in it. Time begins at the root of a "tree" and each branch is a choice made, as no two time lines are totally similar, they book can apply whats to happen for all times w/ humanity. This is why there is no exact dates in revelations, and why it is written in symbolism (because the symbols can be interpreted differently, accurately, in all times). The Mayans attempted to calculate it, and 2012/2021 is as close as they got. It will be soon, but exact date in which the sun ends and a new begins is still up for debate. I say, the people killed, left behind, could include the ones bickering back and fourth dates. Live and let live, be prepared now, be prepared tomorrow, and every day after. You will find your concern with dates disappear.

[edit on 8-10-2007 by 1337cshacker]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I think it is just 20--beside--12 ..
just numbers..
some people have a booty from selling some fulse ideas...

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by eagle33
some people have a booty from selling some fulse ideas...

Yes, beware the false prophet. At the same time, understand something will happen.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
First of all, I will state that 2012 is obviously not the end of the world. Why? Because nobody would know when exactly is the end of the world, as it could happen anyday, in any year, in any second.

But then, I have to say the year of 2012 is definitely interesting, which explains that it's the most talked about year as for now. I think there may happen something in this year, minor or major, I dunno, we'll have to wait and see.

Sometimes it's better to wait and see than having to panic everyday, right?

[edit on 8-10-2007 by TheoOne]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
From what ive learned it seems 2012 is the year our sun reaches a new level of growth and begins to expand and as a result causes massive shifts in everything near it. basicly it seems everything on the planets SURFACE will be destroyed and since our race breeds so fast and we overpopulate the planet anyway they are keeping it all hush because they WANT most of us to be wiped out to sort out the overpopulation problem. if you go look you will see theres hundreds of underground cities being completed as we speak

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
...check the "comet/2011" posting, seems to have a DIRECT hit w/ Earth in that year w/ a close fly-by in Dec of this year. A NASA page shows a close, very close pass then but obviously won't fear the public w/ a warning like that.

How could the MAYANS predict something like this? It seems like the things fly in errard paths without orbits, maybe they did, I don't know.

Does anyone have any info on comet speed/impact potential damage? Aside from earthquakes which is what some "say" in what I read about the end of their calendar, this seems more on par w/ what's to pass. Or hit.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
There is certainly alot to suggest from history that 2012 is very significant. I've read so many books and watched so many documentaries relating to the topic of 2012 I've gave up trying to figure out what could happen. Polar shifts, aliens, war, meteorites, and planet X. It's impossible to know, but One thing I know for certain is not to be afraid but to embrace the events of 2012, because after the aftermath everything will be beautiful. One thing I do know for sure if nothing happens in 2012 then from that point I will be the worst skeptic on this forum. If nothing happens in 2012 then nothing is ever going to happen in respect to prophecies.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by HuntaXX
From what ive learned it seems 2012 is the year our sun reaches a new level of growth and begins to expand and as a result causes massive shifts in everything near it. basicly it seems everything on the planets SURFACE will be destroyed and since our race breeds so fast and we overpopulate the planet anyway they are keeping it all hush because they WANT most of us to be wiped out to sort out the overpopulation problem. if you go look you will see theres hundreds of underground cities being completed as we speak

No, the sun will not reach a "new level of growth". The sun won't become a red giant for another millions of years. The sun is emiting more radiation recently, causing the global warming to be so bad. Yes, we contribute to global warming, but not as much as politicians want us to think, I think, well I know we contribute about 20%. The sun goes through solar flare cycles, 11 years long I believe. In 2012, it hits this cycles peak, every hundreds of thousands of years, it emits more radiation than what we have ever seen before. This just happens to coincide with our bad technology (cars, coal, over co2 release, etc). Personally, I think there are enough trees around for all the cars on the planet, all the trees in the first place had us WAY covered before even cars.

Originally posted by anhinga

...check the "comet/2011" posting, seems to have a DIRECT hit w/ Earth in that year w/ a close fly-by in Dec of this year. A NASA page shows a close, very close pass then but obviously won't fear the public w/ a warning like that.

How could the MAYANS predict something like this? It seems like the things fly in errard paths without orbits, maybe they did, I don't know.

Does anyone have any info on comet speed/impact potential damage? Aside from earthquakes which is what some "say" in what I read about the end of their calendar, this seems more on par w/ what's to pass. Or hit.

I admire your optimism, and wish I had it. I can say, with 100% certainty, that this society has a very short time. God, in genesis, destroyed the earth saving only Noah the last time this "planet x" (wormwood, brown star) came around. God warned Noah from the flood, that was caused by the brown dwarfs extreme gravity. It is questionable if the poles flipped at this time, I do not think so.

To further add, some things are scientifically proven to happen around 2012-2021. Surely the poles will flip, its happened before and we can calculate its cycle, also, distortions are already forming west of south America, google this. Take your pick, this star (not comet, not planet, a dead star), piled on with pole flip, piled on with solar flare (nasa has confirmed 2011-2012 to be very violent solar flare year in which some will hit us), piled on nuclear war... The list goes on. At least one of these things will happen, surely pole flip/solar flare/dead star coming toward us will happen. A nuclear war might not happen or can be averted, at this point. Further, you say its on a direct collision course, that is not so, it will come from underneath the earth, and will be a near miss. The object (dead star, wormwood) is small, and does not reflect light well. Its gravity will cause a bulge in the ocean (similar to tide caused by moon, times 100) creating a flood to last some period. When the star leaves, the water will rush back returning and de-turning regular tide, having some force.

So, its apparent something BIG will happen, not small. I mean come on, something "small" happens everyday, it easily fit for something "small" for justification of ignoring this problem. Not preparing leads to certain death.

I have tried to say, that the dates may not be totally accurate, but within a 5-10 year margin. So yes it could happen tomorrow, but 20 years ago it could not "happen tomorrow", this is something I've been getting people to realize. A re-read of my above post indicates possibilities why the dates are miscalculated slightly. (gov disinformation, using wrong year counting method 365 instead of 395, no dates in revelations.) I think the events are flexible but will happen none the less, as many thing could apply to multiple/all time lines w/humanity.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join