It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's Police Brutality Now Pandemic

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   

The only terrorist most Americans will ever encounter is a policeman with a badge, nightstick, mace and Taser. A Google search for "police brutality video" turns up 2,210,000 entries. Some entries are foreign and some are probably duplications, but the number is so large that a person could do nothing but watch police brutality videos for the rest of his life. A search on "You Tube" alone turned up 2,280 police brutality videos. PrisonPlanet has a selection of the most outrageous recent cases.

This story By Paul Craig Roberts 9-28-7 IMHO is a example of how far we have fallen as a free society. These instances of police brutality are becoming common place. habeas corpus is gone, Posse Comitatus Act is gone.

Americas, are you ok with what is happening? Is Anybody ok with what is happening? Is it happening more or are we just more aware of it?

What can be done?

Is it too late to take any kind of action?

It seems to me our civilian police force is acting more militant.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I live in the Kansas City area. Two days ago a cop was on a scene investigating a theft at Price Chopper when it was determined that he was a diabetic in dire need of insulin or something to make his sugar stable.

They (a few officers) went to the Quik Trip down the road, which happens to be the one I stop at everymorning for coffee, when the officers lost sight of the troubled officer for a moment. Seems he slipped out the back door at QT and went around the front and began firing his gun all over the place. Emptied one clip and reloaded and kept firing. He shot the QT truck driver who is in critical condition.

Just a day in the life these days in dear ole USA.

The same day a cop shot a woman passenger to death in my town of Independence after a car chase. Said the male driver looked like he may have been reaching for a gun and they shot her by accident.

Brutality? Out of control enforcers of the war against their own people.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
i honestly think they need to re-tool the whole police force across america... the more time that passes ... the worse they will get.. it's just a matter of time.

never could stand them... we need to go back to the old west days... one head honcho... and everyone police yourself.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
As long as people are content to sit in their homes and watch what ever reality tv show has their interest then no there's not much that can be done.Look at what happened over the Rodney King incident. Why don't we see outrage today when we here of these cases of police brutality or excessive force?

One thing I found cool was Chicago police are being investigated over thousands of complaints of brutality and assault.

Between 2002 and 2004, for example, more than 10,000 complaints -- many of them involving brutality and assault -- were filed against Chicago police officers.Yet only 18 of them resulted in any meaningful disciplinary action, according to Craig Futterman, a lawyer who uncovered these statistics while researching a client's claim.

CNN

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Its my opinion, they feel more empowered due to this government. They ARE more empowered and not all police, but some will become a danger to society as time goes on.
There really arent many laws to break anymore for a cop.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
They're pretty handy with tasers, too.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
For a while now, when I think of law enforcement in America, I am reminded of Stanley Kubrick's movie, Clockwork Orange.

Police in this county have been militarized, and that is a much more harmful thing than most people realize because of the mindset that it produces in all concerned, both the police and the public.

When the police become a bigger threat to the public than the supposed criminals they are hired to protect us from, then we do have a problem. I don't think that we are at that point yet, but if things keep going the way they are, we will be there shortly.

I know that in my daily life, I feel that it's a lot more likely that I will be harrassed by a police officer than accosted by some criminal element. I'd bet that many of you feel the same.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

My uncle is a cop. he is nice, and he is doesn't abuse people.

I think, as I said elsewhere, that most police would join us over a NWO gov any day. They don't want to shoot their fellow Americans. May take time for some to realize, but it will happen soon enough.

Where I live, the cops are lazy. They just let a drunk go after crashing into a tree. Their being investigated now.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Cops here in town car chased a guy because they thought he was involved in an earlier incident. They corner the car, pull there weapons and order the dude out. He gets out and decides to run.

Dude don't get far and the cops open up. Out of 33 shots fired from the cops, 11 shots hit and kill the dude. The other 22 shots hit a tavern and surrounding business. Patrons in the tavern were at risk and a bar employee was hit by a bullet coming through the plate glass.

So, 4 cops decided the dude running needed to be killed and began firing wildly. All 4 were put on paid leave and were found spiffy clean in the shooting.

The employee hit inside the bar sued. Because he is an illegal alien, they tried to bust his case but the city had to pay. And all this is in a city where stuff like this just doesn't happen. Till now.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
im pretty sure pandemic means spreading beyond country borders. epidemic would be more appropriate

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
im pretty sure pandemic means spreading beyond country borders. epidemic would be more appropriate

1pan•dem•ic
Pronunciation: pan-'de-mik
Function: adjective: occurring over a wide geographic area and affecting an exceptionally high proportion of the population

Thanks for your valuable input.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by WorldShadow
Cops here in town car chased a guy because they thought he was involved in an earlier incident. They corner the car, pull there weapons and order the dude out. He gets out and decides to run.

A) Investigate just what was he suspected of doing that they opened up on him.

B) The illegal shouldn't have been there to begin with

C) Your cops are dumb not to notice an entire structure behind who they were shooting at.

D) 33 shots is not alot, the average pistols can fire 50 in seconds(proving, once again, that the Shawn Bell case was bull), trust me, I've done it.

E) What idiot runs from the cops? The rest of the 90+% of people who do it don't make it, does he think he's superman?

F) So far as I can see, the cops shouldn't be blamed, it's the law makers. Their average joes in a job just like a banker or fireman. You don't see an epidemic of firemen burning down houses? Their just as much people as cops.

[edit on 28-9-2007 by Gorman91]

Muchos Gramar correctos

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
Thanks for your valuable input.

eh.. they can't all be gems.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Cops are judging people.

It is not their job to judge people.

That is why we have judges, and
juries.

If a cop kills a person, they should
be kicked off the force.

It's time we police the police.

Demand independant drug tests for all cops.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by stompk
Cops are judging people.

It is not their job to judge people.

That is why we have judges, and
juries.

If a cop kills a person, they should
be kicked off the force.

It's time we police the police.

Demand independant drug tests for all cops.

I would add civilian oversight of the police, it doesn't make since for the police to watch over the police.

When I first disovered Alex Jones Prison Planet I thought it was a joke. Now I think its real and here now.

[edit on 29-9-2007 by LDragonFire]

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
If cops couldn't judge, then why would there be cops? their job IS to judge. If you're driving erratically, they judge something is wrong. If you're beating up someone, they judge that ir wrong. WTF kind of ignorance is to to have mindless cops with no judgment. Then they would just sit there with nothing, no purpose.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
If cops couldn't judge, then why would there be cops? their job IS to judge. If you're driving erratically, they judge something is wrong. If you're beating up someone, they judge that ir wrong. WTF kind of ignorance is to to have mindless cops with no judgment. Then they would just sit there with nothing, no purpose.

There Job is to uphold the law, to protect and serve, to protect people and property.

I believe what stompk was talking about is the police being the judge, jury, and executioner. How many citizens have died recently because of contact with the police? If the police observe something wrong its there job to apprehend the suspect not execute them, leaving that decision to a Real Judge.

[edit on 29-9-2007 by LDragonFire]

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Of COURSE cops must make judgements all day long; the point is that they often make mistaken judgements and they cause us, the civilians, much grief. Look at any local courthouse docket and see how many cases are dismissed for lack of probable cause. There are a lot. When a judge declares no probable cause, it is because the cop arrested or charged someone flasely, and should not have.

For example, a cop does not like Mr. Citizens ' attitude ' and charges him with ' disorderly conduct ' for , lets say, cursing. It is NOT illegal to curse, unless it turns into ' fighting words ' which cops are not supposed to be affected by anyway. So he arrests the poor slob and when it gets to court, the DA asks for a dismissal, rather than embarrass the cop in front of the judge. End of story? Not unless the citizen is weak and wants to let the cop get away with false arrest. Lawsuits at the Federal level for civil rights violations are the ONLY effective way of discouraging police misconduct.

Cop can, and do, all the time, charge falsely, assuming that when it gets thrown out that it will end there. They have proven that they get the ' last word ', have caused the hassle and money spent on an attorney by the victim, and they get a sick sense of satisfaction to show us ' civilians ' who really is in charge, the law be damned. The ONLY way to stop this garbage is by suing. Cops NEVER take us seriously unless THEY are the defendants standing in court trying to explain why they arrest and charge without probable cause.

It is critically important to tell every cop that is about to falsely charge you this: Officer, you can charge me with anything you want to. But, I guarantee you that is this charge is dismissed or I am found not guilty, that I WILL file an immediate Federal Civil rights lawsuit against you and your department. If you are acting outside your authority, you may be held liable personally, and the insurance your department has will not cover you.This case will NOT end when I walk out with a dismissal, believe that.

Not many cops are willing to get Federal lawsuits filed on them for a small time charge, and they will think twice about charging at all , if you let them know that whatever happens does NOT end there. Let them know that they will be held accountable no matter what happens at the lower levels. Make the stakes too high for them to play. Stand firm and let them know that if they decide to arrest you and it is an inappropriate use of a statute, that the cops WILL be held to task later, and in Federal court.

Cops HATE being out of their element, and being charged and having to defend themselves is something they will avoid at all costs. So never let these dogs intimidate you and if they do falsely charge you, never let it drop after you get it thrown out. you can file a Federal civil rights lawsuit PRO SE, meaning by yourself, for a few dollars and some study online. Just insitituting the suit can work wonders: Either they will offer a settlement to drop it, or if the cop is not able to use the insurance of his employer, he may offer a cash settlement to let it go. In either case, you have humiliated and grieved the cop and that is always satisfying.

If a case is dismissed, it is for a reason, and that reason alone can be the grounds you need to file and win a suit. If all citizens sued for every case that was thrown out at the lower levels, cops would sing a whole different tune when dealing with us. But so many people are just so glad to be let go that they forget about all the hassles and grief that the cops caused by his false charges in the first place. Then the cop wins; and we should NEVER ever let some scummy cop win when they are abusing us and arresting us falsely. Give back to them what they give to you!!

Cops are notorious liars and perjurers and bullies, and unless we are willing to take action to strike back at them, we will remain victims of their brutal and sickening misuse of the laws. So if they mess with you, mess right back, and in ways that will convince the rest of the filth that they need a change in attitude. Cops are our SERVANTS, and shouyld be treated as such; how dare the assume that we owe them anything!! They should be humble and polite and never ask us to give up our precious Constitutional rights, although to them that is normal procedure.

Cops make me sick, and nothing would please me moire than to ruin some cops life by taking his job and home and car and savings and making him work a REAL job for a change where he does not get to misuse the law to bother and harrass people; only force and money get a cops attention, so use both to make them suffer if you can!! They have no respect for us, and we should show them the same thing. Call their bluff sometime and watch them back off; if the don't SUE them and see results immediately. Nothing gets a cop like a notice to appear as a DEFENDANT in a FEDERAL civil rights lawsuit. It works like a charm.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
anytime people are handed power, unless they have been trained properly in what ever scenario, chances are they are going to abuse those powers. (whether it be an executive or law enforcer)

i saw it first hand in boot camp. in fact it was a rolling joke for a while. we would go through several "master at arms" in our company over the course of 3 months. the company commanders would pick a person they would seem to be fit for the job - responsible, level headed person - but EVERY time they elected an individual for the position, that person would immediately go ape-turds and get in everyone's face, yelling, screaming, etc. it was pretty funny, but really unrational behavior.

policemen aren't picked from MENSA, they are common joe's off the street that are looking for a government job. in fact i'd love to see the stats on how many are actually college educated.

so that mixed with group-thinking and law enforcement fraternal ideology that exists by default, you will always have people that step over the line that they have been given to be responsible for. hand someone power and most likely they will abuse it.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Hardly ANY cops have a higher degree, past high school or a 2 year degree in police training. Anyone who has had the benefit of an education tends to be more reasonable and less likley to break the rules that they are supposed to be obeying. Cops have a hatred for educated people, and look down on us as being ' wise guys ' when we challenge them on any issue.

Cops have an attitude that says : " I am exhalted and above you, a mere citizen, and you better not DARE question anything I do or say, and you had better answer all my questions, no matter how personal, and forget all about your Rights, as I am all the authority and power needed in society. Obey me or get thrown in jail, and shut up while I am abusing you or it will get worse." THAT is the way these dogs think and act, like bullies always do before someone cleans their clock and sets them back a bit.

There is TOO MUCH power given to cops; they should always have CIVILIAN oversight, but few departments do. they hate being looked at closely, as they break the laws all the time and abuse authority all the time also. Locally, in my county, you CANNOT file a report or complain about a cop: There is NO procedure for soing so. I tried it once, trying to settle a matter out of court, but the Chief Deputy said I would have to merely discuss it with him; after doing so, he refused to conduct any investigation, and said he would ' talk to ' the offending deputy about it.

Not good enough!! I took them to court and WON, humiliating the cops in open court, showing them to be liars. They were forced to admit lying, and the judge was disgusted and dismissed the charges against my kid, and on the way out of the courtroom, my kid told the arresting cop to his face that he was a ' damned liar '. The DA and some other court personnel went ballistic, demanding that the judge hold us back and sanction my kid: The judge ROARED from the bench : " NO ONE is being held back: The officer admitted lying on the stand so the defendant simply stated the truth". The cops went so red that they were about ti choke!! It was glorious to see and well worth the attorneys fee.

Now, when these scummy flatfoot dogs see any member of my family, they give us a wide berth, and they KNOW that ANY crap they give us will be thrown right back in their ugly faces, and lawsuits will start. That is the ONLY way to reign in bad cops,0 which 99% of them are. They fear NOTHING except legal action against them and force. Better to use legal means to get them;it works better than force for sure.

I see ALL cops as suspect and likley to abuse our rights, and that is a safe assumption. They cannot be trusted and cannot bebelieved. Cops LIE all the time and without shame. Cops tell us wrong info about the law and their authority and hope we swallow the lies. Do not!! Assume that everthing a cop says is a lie, and you will be safer for it. Do NOT let them intimidate you; the fear of arrest and jail is silly: For petty charges you will be released on your own recognizance or a tiny bond if you have no local ties, and then you are free to sue and get your act together to fight the jerks.

Cops are BLUFFERS, but not good ones; they rarely ever have a good hand, and rely on bluff as their mainstay. When you call their bluffs, they get really angry and defensive because they KNOW that they are liars and abusers of the people.Oh sure, once in a blue moon a cop will actually do some good and act right, but that is the exceeption and not the rule.

Give them no slack, and expect none, and tolerate no disrespect from them; call their bluff and watch them flee!!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join