It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Tsian Kanchen's Genetic Engineering.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Hello folks. I'm new here. This is barely my second post as you can see. I enjoy science and I wanted to further that enjoyment by sharing my love for science and paranormal phenomena with other folks here. (Also I had heard about this website through listening to C2C radio).

I want to begin by asking a question to everyone here about a particular individual named Dr. Tsian Kanchen. All I know about him is that he was a Chinese-Soviet scientist who supposedly performed research in genetic engineering and developed a certain device that could splice genetic material of organisms of different species by electronic means. (By tapping into the bioelectricity-makeup of the genetic material). I don't know all the details of EXACTLY how it worked. I'm just saying this based on what I read.

I tried googling Tsian Kanchen and to my dismay I only found the same rubbish I already knew over and over again. No new details. Nothing about the life of Kanchen, whether he is still alive or not. And although I believe everything I said above to be true to some extent, I'm not going to go around shoving my belief down other peoples throats, insisting that it is true because I don't know for sure if it is true or not. My primary reason for wanting to know more about Tsian Kanchen and his work is so I can draw ideas from it for material to implement into a fictional story that I've been in the process of writing for approximately seven years. And I truly wish to make my writing as close to reality as humanly possible. Could anybody be of any help and tell me more about Dr. Kanchen? My sincere appreciation.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Marked One

I personally have never heard of this person, but I'll bet that someone on ATS has. This place is full of people that know so many varied things, I'm sure someone can give you a hand.

I'm posting to bump this thread so more people will see it and maybe find some answers for you.

It's nice to know that people are finding their way here due to our higher profile and the advertising on C2C. Welcome aboard.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Thanks for your help.

(Btw: This board is THE most clever board I have ever come across. The designers are geniuses.)

I read about Tsian Kanchen in a book about the Chupacabra. It mentioned Jorge Martin and a bunch of other junk I can't remember correctly.

I'm going to post a link to the following topic in relation to this one. So people get a better idea. (And for educational purposes).

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And this too.

skepdic.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Marked One

I am only familiar with the details you have outlined, but I wonder if spelling conventions rendered his name with a different transliteration such as "Qian Kanshen" or something like that. I am no expert in the change in transliteration -- by any means -- Peking duck will never become Beijing duck in my universe.

Perhaps someone else on ATS who knows the knew spelling conventions for rendering Chinese into our alphabet could provide some insight on possible renderings of the name.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I think it's a hoax. I don't believe this guy exists and I believe the "machine" is also a fraud.

Here's why. If this guy is a real scientist, his work would be published on the web somewhere. There are papers from all over the world, including Chinese and Russian. I went to Google Scholar and got absolutely zero hits for the guy.

When I Googled his name in the regular web search, I got the same paragraph over and over again in all the different websites that mention him. It was almost word for word -- a sure sign that it was copied from somewhere.

One of the links that did come up, and that I do trust, was to the chupacabra page on the Skeptic's Dictionary. And lo and behold, it also mentioned this "leading Puerto Rican UFOlogist" Martin and the bit about the scientist. The SD article can be found here.

It appears this Martin joker made up a story and it's been passing around on the internet as "fact" ever since.

If you type in Tsian Kanchen + hoax, it all goes back to quotes of the article at Skeptic's Dictionary.

There's no such Chinese/Russian guy and no such machine. Some self-styled UFO journalist in Puerto Rico of all places made him up.

Sorry.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I agree with MajorMalfunction that it's a hoax.

Originally posted by Marked One
I want to begin by asking a question to everyone here about a particular individual named Dr. Tsian Kanchen. All I know about him is that he was a Chinese-Soviet scientist who supposedly performed research in genetic engineering and developed a certain device that could splice genetic material of organisms of different species by electronic means. (By tapping into the bioelectricity-makeup of the genetic material).

If he is for real, the technique would be used in Russia or China and would be widely mentioned.

Chinese scientists have been creating chimeras, but the paper I find on them don't list anyone with a name similar to "Tsian Kanchen."
ps.fass.org...

Another peculiar point is that searching for "Tsian" as a name of "kanchen" as a name turns up nothing. So I think that some scientist has been made up for purposes of disinformation.

Now... genetic engineering and different lspecies:
There's two ways of doing this: creating a "chimera" (like the paper above) where the body has two distinct types of cells. The creature (or human being) will appear to be a certain thing (like the known case of a human female who's a chimera) with cells of different types in her body (her ovarian cells and eggs were acquired from her fraternal twin... so when they tested her children, the genetic results said she was NOT their mother even though there was good documentation that she was.)

You can splice bits and pieces of another species' genes into a creature, but you can only do a TINY amount of change. That's how they make glow in the dark fish and rabbits. I'm not sure if they're capable of breeding.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Thanks a million. Something told me at the back of my mind that the whole bit with Kanchen was phony. Then again, I wasn't sure.

So now...

(I'm not sure if this next question would be considered on-topic or not so if it needs to be moved. Please move it.)

If splicing DNA, electronically, is a farce. Then I can leave that concept out of the equation as the central concept in my "sci-fi thriller novel". Which brings me to my next question.

First off. In my novel, a scientist discovers a new method for splicing DNA, a method so ingenious and seemingly perfect that in reality, he is most likely to be the only person in the world to possess this technology. Or so it would seem... He's actually the second. It was a Chinese-Russian scientist who first developed the technology. (Imagine the controversy over who made the first American psychological laboratory. William James? Or Granville Stanley Hall? One guy built his lab in a broom closet while the other one built his in a 600 square foot room.)

It was during the end of the Cold War. And the loss of this technology is actually what more or less led up to the collapse of the USSR. (Beause if it had lived up to its success, it would have prevented the collapse) Now throw in a little conspiracy mystery into the works, a little sci-fi mystery here and there and that's what my novel is about.

(Btw: Byrd. The thing you mention about the mother with different cells in her body and giving birth to children who didn't match biologically reminds me of the movie, "Shooter", where they mention the part about how to make a bullet shot from one gun match up to a different gun. (Those of you who don't know what I'm referring to, watch the movie.)

[edit on 29-9-2007 by Marked One]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Update: I already did some research on my own elsewhere and found answers to every single one of my questions. Thanks for your help folks. To any mod who reads this I would greatly appreciate it if you locked this thread. (Actually I'd rather you delete it)

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Dr. Tsian Kanchen is a false name, recorded not by the other people you mention but by the communist government in China. there is, i believe, a device and practice that can create these animal chimeras. there is documentation that China has things similar to this and to protect and misguide random wanderers away like the US public they've created this Dr. Tsian Kanchen. it's a stupid thought to think he's created the "chupacabra" all that nonsense is rubbish. but there are reports of villagers and travelers alike seeing the same things that they call birds with non bird like features, ie, horned birds, ones with extra limbs and so forth. i have no problem believing they are hiding something like this.
if you do believe in the book of Revelation as well it describes creatures in the last days similar to what this is possibly creating.
who knows. i do know something is real and something was created to hide something. you don't create a false name just for fun when you're a communist society. they're very strict and secretive, we all know that.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

I know quite a bit about Dr. Tsian Kanchen. This man and his research have been the primary concentration of my research efforts for quite some time. I would be happy to discuss. Dr. Kanchen was a chinese physicist who defected to the Soviet Union. He discovered that DNA generated its own complex and unique magnetic field.He also discovered that the physical DNA its self was not solely responsible for the character and makeup of a living organism. The magnetic field it generated was equally responsible. He then designed a machine that would use a photons to focus the magnetic field of one oerganism to another, resulting in cross mutations. From a goat to a rabbit--> a rabbit with horns for example. The Rabbit grew horns because it's DNA had been combined with that of the goat's. Its body's homeostasis simply did what it was told,so to speak.

Studies on Humans were conducted concerning the reversal of aging and genetic diseases. Incredibly effective results there also. They took Elderly men and women and merged them with the biomagnetic(referred to Kanchen as Bioelectromagnetic) fields of young men and women. after an extended amount of time(days or so..not sure on exact number) The elder test subjects reported greatly reduced or no arthrightis. Tumors began to shrink. Some grew teeth where they hadn't had any for years. All that information has been taken off of the net...which is why I believe it now more than ever. The only information I can find on him now is tabloid type stuff. It's as though the entire thing is being made to look like a hoax. There once was an actual russian website about him. Even had a photo of him and his father after he fused his BEMF into his father. His father underwent the same after-affects. I would love to discuss more of this with you. I'm available from 4pm to 9pm.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by ulikov]

[edit on 19-7-2009 by ulikov]

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I believe that American government, have been experimenting with cross-genetics, since the first exemplar of Chupacabra was seen in America. The dangerous creature escaped and since it does't have any natural enemies - it is increasing in population. For that they of course need a scapegoat to cover it up, and who is not better than Russians and Chinese? That's why they made up this scientist. Obvious combination I believe.

Another theory I have, is that they made it on purpose, to leave this creature in differet countries so it will make the life difficult for the inhabitants of the "Enemy"-country. Because as I mentioned earlier, the first individ of the unknown specie was discovered by the population in US, later in Puerto Rico, Mexico and so on. Now in a mystical way this creature is appearing in Russia. There is no way that this creature could have swimmed over the oceans(!)
After the fires around Moscow in 2010, vittnesses started to see some unknown creatures running from the woods, trying to escape the fire. I've watched a documentary, where this creature have been seen in different parts of the world already.
One girl in her 20's was attacked and basicaly killed in front of people in day light. The creature attacked her, and everyone tried to make them self big and scream to make it go away, as with an normal animal. It didn't, until one man run and got a gun and started to shoot at it. Only then the creature let her go and ran into the woods. The girl was in such bad shape, she was in coma, and passed away in a couple of days.
Before I saw the documentary, I saw a very small notice in the Swedish Metro Magazine. It stated that one man claimed he got attacked by a bear. He was badly injured and lost his fingers. The experts examined his wounds and stated that the wounds could not be made by a bear. They didnt know what creature could have made such injuries!

top topics

join