It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Money. Who is in control of us?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Ok bit of a head scratcher and im sure some of you have thought the same yourselves but why do we have money. All of our supplies food minerals etc all come from within this planet, Its not like we trade with some galactic neighbour. My point is why not banish money and ensure everyone in the world has a car, Home, Food, Clothing etc hell even the best of all the mod cons.

Imagine working but not earning anything because basically everything was just free wouldnt the world be a happier place to be.

As long as we all still went to work to ensure industry etc carried on then why couldnt every person on the planet on live comfortably.

Whay have money? What is this purpose? Are we being controlled? I think so.

I hope people see where im coming from and that without money we as a race of Humans could still produce industry, Retail, Healthcare, Leisure etc and everyone would be allowed just as much as the man next door regardless of what jobs they both did

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I believe they call that communism.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I think its a great idea.
This way people would follow the career path they LOVE instead of making career choices based solely a paycheck.

The truly huge problem with the OP's idea is that human beings are replete with lazy bones, and if everyone HAD what they needed they may just all lay around doing nothing.

Also..................if all peoples salary was common open ended knowledge....(John makes this much for his job and Sally get this much ect)
I think the masses would rally to make sure things were more equally distributed. For example, some big shot boss who makes 6 figures yet truly does nothing but have golf meetings fancy lunches and sign occasional checks, and compare his TRUE work output to his secretary who does all his real and actual work yet does not even make 20 grand a year.....if people could see the discrepancy of pay I think they would be truly outraged.

[edit on 28-9-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
The whole problem with this is that people have ambition, ideas of who they think they are and who they should be. Without the whole money system you would never get anyone to ride on the back of a maggot filled garbage trucks and pick your trash up just because they want to do it. You would never have people pumping out your septic systems when it got full just for fun. Everybody would want the easy, clean, safe jobs. No one would go into mines and risk life or general health just so you can have coal to heat your homes. Eventually this system would brek down into a suvivalist way of life, youd have to go out and chop your own wood down and build your own shelter because no is going to just come build you one for free. Then, that would lead to territorial problems and so on. Money is what makes people do those crappy jobs. I completely know what your talking about though, it sounds nice but it simply cant work. Well, not unless its a slave system where people made others do those things, but sooner or later people would rebel against it.

The money system should be changed to make it easier for anyone to be prosperous with just some hard work and good ideas that work and not have it all taken away by someone with more cash and less humanity than you. The biggest problem with todays worls is that corporations are forced by law and greed to make as much money as possible by any legal means necessary.

[edit on 28/9/07 by Pfeil]

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I think your wrong.... I beleive it would inspire people to make new inventions and technology's which could eliminate that problem... I can see that our society would become more advanced than it is currently and there would be a boom.

There would be no fear of robots, computers and numerous new technology's "taking our jobs"... They would only benifit our society. And we could then focus more time and resources on what would matter to us, as individuals, our society and our planet. It would also help people focus on building technology's, which can last a very long time and cost less resources. Considering that there is no money to be made... People will not build devices to fault, or easily break. As that would be a waste to our natural resources and time we could have spent building more advanced technology's. The people could come together and discuss with the governing bodies what our society needs to focus or improve on... this would only make our society much better and more advanced in the long run. Thank you.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Pfeil

Once people get motivated by helping to contribute to a better society for everybody instead of thinking of how to get ahead themselfs, the moneyless society will work. We would have robots or machines to do the jobs nobody wants. Its only a question of technology. We use it for wars now, when it could be used to improve society instead.

Star Trek have it right in my opinion. But of course you need technology like free energy and so on for it to work. The people in the disclosure project says we have had it for decades, but its not being released to the public because of the enormous amount of money in oil.

[edit on 29-9-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
i don't think it would work, for all the reasons Pfeil mentioned.

Money is made so that everything has a certain value. That way, a farmer and a tractor dealer can exchange goods - especially if the tractor dealer doesn't want any food or livestock. Money also provides incentive.

I think there could be a better way to handle all of this money, and certain careers should have better wages (for example, teachers vs baseball players). Communism is not the answer.. perhaps on paper, but not in practice. It's just another tool used by tyrants to take over subtly. I have to admit, communism does sound good... but so does heaven
(neither work as advertised, and they know that)

Once people get motivated by helping to contribute to a better society for everybody instead of thinking of how to get ahead themselfs, the moneyless society will work.

you have far more faith in people than I do. The types of people you refer to, who would be "helping to contribute to a better society for everybody instead of thinking of how to get ahead' are not just rare, but it's also unnatural.

[edit on 29-9-2007 by scientist]

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
you have far more faith in people than I do. The types of people you refer to, who would be "helping to contribute to a better society for everybody instead of thinking of how to get ahead' are not just rare, but it's also unnatural.

[edit on 29-9-2007 by scientist]

Yeah, it wouldnt work with our current mindset. Im hoping for a more spiritual mindset in the future though, and I see signs that its starting to happen.

I think people will see how meaningless it is to just work for 80 years to pay the bills sooner or later.
We spend about 18 hours every 24 hours either working, going to/from work, or sleeping. Its no mystery that people get depressed. We are not meant to be machines. We have a spiritual and emotional side that is totally suppressed in this society. We have no time for it.

Thats whats wrong. Try going on a retreat or whatever they are called. Do nothing but sit in nature for a couple of days. You will start to feel very depressed because you get in touch with your true emotions, the ones we constantly suppress to be able to do our jobs.

There are so many things I would change in society if I could. But people like me dont get to power.

[edit on 29-9-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesaint
Why have money? What is this purpose? Are we being controlled? I think so.

Indeed.
In this society, from birth to death, we are slaves.

A baby is born, and it is given a file, identification, a birth certificate.

Then, after a few years, the child goes to obligatory school, to start its' enrollement into slavery. The simply fact that is is obligatory gives away it's true purpose.

School will fill the child with rigid beliefs about everything. The environment will take care of making the child believe he needs money, a job, a car, a house. In other words, the environment around us takes care of making the child accept and want the life of slavery.

The teenager will finish its studies, intelligent enough to work and obey the rules of society, but not intelligent enough to think for itself.

As an adult, all the rigid beliefs society has given the child will be as strong as ever. The adult then becomes the exploited (a worker), or the exploiter (a business owner). Which is perfect, the government needs both of those.

And all their life, people forget their dreams, and work aimlessly, like slaves, their money going into the pockets of rich company owners, or into the pockets of the government, to be used or wasted for who knows which purpose.

This is our world, a world based on slavery. None of us ever were free. It is a prison. And nobody ever realises it. We are the few that are awake with open eyes, in a society in which everyone is asleep and oblivious to the truth.

And someday, I hope we get to fight to get our liberty back. 2012, perhaps, it's all we can hold on to.

[edit on 29-9-2007 by Atlantix]

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Atlantix

I agree. And if something doesnt improve by 2012, I will most likely check out to be honest. I really dont see the point in being here for another 50 years if the corrupt people are going to run this planet. And Ive always wanted to know what is on the other side of death.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
money is a form of energy
you work (use energy) and that work is converted to money
so money is nuetral, you could run a society on it just fine, just like you could run a society off of barter (pure work no money)

but money provides a new component. if it is real money backed by a set commodity it is nuetral. if it is fiat currency with inflation, you can leach money (energy) from the system.

basically make slaves out of people who dont realize it.
you know rule the world and all that jazz...

hope this made some sense

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic
hope this made some sense

Perfect sense, well put. The artificial inflation and general nature of fractional reserve banking is a leak in the system.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

I have been feeling that way for a very long time. I'm not quite sure I how keep trucking on, but I do.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
THere should be punishments for overly lazy people. taking a month off vs taking a year. Though it would be more of a colony rather than communism. Imagine, hydrogen/magnet/electric powered homes/cars, gardens everywhere, farmers who share, inner city thugs learning more than gang life..space exploration. We are on the cusp of such greatness. All we need to do is get over ourselves, stop shopping, stop electing drunk losers into politics, and dismantle every weapon ever made, then send all the worlds tyrants and warmongers to the grave..hehe.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
that sounds exactly like communism

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I love the idea of not working and dissolve the currency scheme. But than I got to thinking it over and realized if we did it that way; there would not be shopping centers to experience the thrill of cellphone purchase, grocery stores filled with sweets, meat, milk and all the rest of tasty things we now love to eat and what reasons would we need to build a future or progress beyond skinny starving skeletons lying on the uncut grass and weeds since no one will build homes because motivation for profit has been lost.

I think it's better the way we now have it even though it's such a drag to live now days. I was poor but happy, than I got some money and became sad because I feel I should not spend it in the event I become poor again.

Edit: I wanted to ad the NWO is trying to get the world into a cashless society by credit. So perhaps money will be gone sometime in the coming years and you will scan your NWO ID credit card every where you do business.

[edit on 09/18/2007 by WorldShadow]

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
There is one reason and one reason only why we have money

Selfishness.

If nobody was selfish, then they would walk into the store and only take what they needed, if their was not enough, they would break it in half and share it.

People would see a guy digging a ditch, go relieve him and take over for him for awhile. Their would be a line to help the ditch digger, how could someone spend their day working at a cush job knowing they got it easy, so they would take turns, unless the guy liked digging ditches of coarse.

Money solves the limited supply being grabbed up by the greedy.

Now imagine a world without sin, including selfishness. pretty nice thought. Thinking that's what it will be like eventually.

I believe we can keep money, but lets not glorify its ownership, we should praise the person with less that gives his away, not the life styles of the rich and famous, but they want to keep their hold on us by keeping us chasing after that new car every year.

We can accept money, if it is not over our own knowledge of what is right an wrong. When the boss says go evict that Grandma so we can build new profit condos, you say OK. Why because the money he gives you is more important then what you think is right, this is how we are controlled.

We don't have to get rid of money to balance the scales either. Simply say if you don't work at the business you don't get profit from it. This is also how the rich live off of are work. Their stock is effectively buying the profit from your work.

And investment for new business could be in a competitive fashion where the choice is still market driven, but citizen controlled. People need more widgets, widget factory is expanded by people working there, people go to work there they get salaries from the widget profit. If people really buy lots of widgets, price of widget gets to high, people say, hey government build another widget factory with tax dollars, now more supply prices drop. A bad widget factory gets no customers, eventually it shuts down.

Officials that build the right factories to answer demand from industry get reelected. This is not central control, it is market control decided by elected officials instead of CEOs and a few rich. It puts ownership back into the hands of the people.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
And don't get to high on the band waggon about Star Trek model, they had unending supply with their replicators. And most people don't know this, the federation keeps it secret, they have a whole holographic slave work force doing the dirty jobs. It was a Voyager episode.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
i think it wouldnt work exactly like you think it would. we are in this situation for some reason right? this is how humanity has ended up naturally. look at animals. they have a natural hierarchy or pecking order. the strongest are the most desirable and mate the most. as humans we have more complex ideas of strength such as money. "money is power" they say. you cant blame it on someone else because as low and evil as you consider people of power they still are humans and belong to the human family. lust for money is a byproduct of the human drive to control everything(which is really just fear).

if money wasnt here it would be something else we would use as a status symbol. take for example criminals in prisons. with minimal material goods there is a huge power struggle. but now its based on race, strength, and their currency is service or cigarettes. it just naturally happens.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by thesaint

The only way for this plan to work is for the message to be spread. The idea is for everyone in the world to know about the strike by the summer of 2012. Then, within a very short time, a new moneyless system will be brought about that will change the world completely.

FIRST: Ask in conversation whether the person you're speaking to would like the idea of a world where money does not exist; where everything is free; a world without rich or poor; where all human needs are met by society working together as a whole; a world without boundaries, people living together in peace and harmony.

Most people will say yes. Basically, probably all human beings are anarchists at heart. But, they will say, it would be impossible.

NEXT: Tell them about the Strike for a Moneyless World in 2012. If they like the idea, tell them to tell their friends. Those friends will tell others, and by the year 2012 everyone on the planet will know, and decide whether they are for or against the idea.

You might make copies of this flyer -

WORLD STRIKE 2012

If you agree that the abolition of money would be a fine solution to most of our problems, and that we could create a much better system where EVERYTHING - food and drink, clothing and housing, water, heating, education, health-care and entertainment - shall be FREE for EVERYONE - why not join the World-Wide Strike on the opening day of the Olympic Games in 2012?

The Strike will begin the moment the symbolic Olympic flame is lit - the signal for all who support the abolition of money to stop work and demand a new fair world of true freedom and justice.

WE WANT A MONEYLESS WORLD

yabanji.tripod.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join