It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible UFO during NASA Dawn Liftoff!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
please check out the recent launch video of nasa's dawn mission.

it can be found [url=http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/dawn/main/index.html]>>>here

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
um...where?.....that big blue thing?...thats the sky lol but no seriously where cause i cant see it

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
as i said it comes into view at approximately 0.55 (+/-)! i'm confused that you haven't spotted it. it's clearly visible imo although you should freeze the picture as soon as it appears...

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Hi there,

Thanks for the link, I saw the 'thing' your referring to

I have no idea what it was or even could be, its very interesting though!

Im sure someone will be along soon enough who has the software to slow the video down and look closely at the few frames in question and hopefully shed some light on what it might be

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Yes I saw it, I don’t have screen capture but maybe someone else can grab it.

Go in to video menu on that first link and then select 'Liftoff' Video wait until the footage has passed the zoom on the booster and you will see it steak across from right to left of the screen.

That angle and altitude (Judging on the distance the rocket has travelled) I would assume is pretty high up, but it could be a camera helicopter or the like.

Definitely something there though, bright and fair sized.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
It could be some kind of surveillance aloon for the rocket?

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Do you mean that bright spot on the top left of the frame?

There's something there, no doubt about it, but I think that it is too high, maybe an airplane at cruise altitude (or whatever they call it
).

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Very good catch. Looked very luminous whatever it was. Maybe Xenu looking for Cruise. Just kidding. Highly anomalous whatever is was.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
Do you mean that bright spot on the top left of the frame?

There's something there, no doubt about it, but I think that it is too high, maybe an airplane at cruise altitude (or whatever they call it
).

Donno, its too hard to tell with that res vid. I think the only way to tell if it is something is if it starts moving (I havent actualy had time to watch this yet).

-fm

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by funky monk

It moves very fast, but I think that it is only the result of the camera following the rocket in the opposite direction.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Except for military craft monitoring the liftoff, I doubt that any other plane would be allowed that close.

It could be a pursuit jet that cruised into place to be ready to follow the rocket for a ways.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

I don't know nothing about it, but I think at the launch there is not that much of an interest of having an airplane that high to control the launch, I think that it would be better to have the airplane somewhere near the path of the rocket, not in the opposite direction.

But, as I said, I know nothing about rocket launches.

Oh, and I don't think that it is close, remember that the rocket as traveled a relatively long distance in that short time, rockets without human cargo have a tremendous acceleration.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

You're likely right on the money; I just put that out there as a possibility. Actually, it seems to me that the object is too far away to ever identify through looking at the picture.

It's going to go down as an unknown, I would guess.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
that's exactly the object i was refering to! i only have the impression that it actually was larger in the video but probably that's just because of your compressed image. so guys... what do you think this could be? imo the object was stationary when it came into view so it can neither be an airplane nor bird... hm ~~~

edit: i have watched it over and over again and my impression is that this 'object' has a metallic surface and is actually cigar shaped. i think the saucerlike style is only created by the fast camera movement. i'm a little excited right now...

[edit on 28-9-2007 by EBE154]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
If you watch the way it moves it looks to be a feather illuminated by the sun floating by the land based camera. Thats my 2 cents anyways.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
It seemed to have its own luminosity. Large in size. Don't know what it is (I would guess it starts with u and ends with o) but I can tell what it isn't.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Well if you look as the rocket takes off from the launch pad you can see that the sun is low on the horizon by the shade on the clouds in the background and the shade on the smoke trail from the rocket itself. It may very well be a early star or planet...i dare not call it venus!

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I dare not say Venus, maybe dare say maybe the moon? Where was it during this launch? I'll check on this and see if it was up during the launch.

Launch was 9/27 @ 7:34 EST...

[edit on 28-9-2007 by Lost_Mind]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Man, I really hate to say this but Venus was straight up almost 90 deg @ 7:30 am during the launch. Commence rock throwing, let me go put on my tinfoil suit first..... the moon set about 6:45.

Go to Sky and Telescope, register, and you will be able use the interactive chart and it does post data by zippy code.

[edit on 28-9-2007 by Lost_Mind]

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Lost_Mind

thank you for your post and the possible solution for this object in question! anyway - could you show us / upload some other pictures of venus in broad daylight? the only one i've found so far is this one (see below) and it does not look in any way like the object shown in the video... i think the mystery is not yet solved.

[edit on 29-9-2007 by EBE154]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join