It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Opened A Gateway

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I found if I increase my awareness and tell myself there are things seen beyond the mind I can see beyond physical sight, not like people, but shadow like people. So last night I was practicing and the cup on my desk started to slide and then jump. I spent a good portion of today trying to replicate what happened, but I can't. I've looked at every way it could've moved. I think it might have actually moved on it's own. Should I continue practicing this? is it dangerous? Has this happened to anyone? has anyone tried anything like this?

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I have had a similar experience at my place of work. In the canteen I was walking towards a fridge with double doors to get a bottle of coke. As I got very close to the fridge both doors opened to about 45 degrees. I did not touch them and there was no one else by the fridge. I thought it odd and tried shutting the doors so they were not quite sealed yet appearing completely shut. They did not open. The second it happened it struck me I was actually started the thought about physically opening the fridge at the precise second the doors opened. I wasn't actively trying to will the physical movement like you, but I do think there are similarities in our stories.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Lucky... I have beening waiting for something along those lines to happen to me. What is the backgound on the place where this occured? Any unexpected deaths there or near a graveyard?

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by wardk28

Someone chocked to death a year ago on the chef's special but no graveyards for miles!?!? Sorry couldn't resist!

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Maybe the spirit is still upset and would like to speak to the manager. Its hard to let things go, even in death

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Shifter2012

Next time you try it, break out your video camera and tape it. This way you will have some proof.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Well to be honest I wasn't trying to will it to happen. I don't believe in telekinesis I think if anything it was just a random ghost event.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
The closest thing I ever got to a ghost was with the Ouiji board. The board was moving pretty fast so I got a camera. My first pic was normal but the next one showed a smoke or haze. The third went right back to normal and my last one showed the haze again.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Did the cup have condensation on it? Was it sitting on a glass top?

If so, it wasn't paranormal. It was condensation.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shifter2012
Well to be honest I wasn't trying to will it to happen. I don't believe in telekinesis I think if anything it was just a random ghost event.

What I don't understand is how you can believe in random ghost events and not telekinesis. Don't they both come under the heading of "paranormal?"

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Lately, the clock in my car has started to mark the wrong time, whenever I seem to pay attention to it.

A few days ago the clock marked 1 hour earlier than real time when I got into the car.
I wondered what had happened but just drove off.
A few minuted later I checked whilst waiting at traffic light and to my surprise, it had "corrected" itself.
I kept an eye on the clock, to see the digits move but they didn't.
How long can a minut last? Nothing happened!

Then, all of a sudden the clock went from 16.05 to 16.10. Whooww!

I remember an incident some 25 years ago when I was driving along a main road and noticed a "date / clock" indicator on a street corner.
I sort of observed the date and the time as I passed, when all of a sudden I realised that the time and date were totally wrong.

Would you believe that 8 weeks later, on the date and time which I had seen on that road-side clock, I had a very bad accident.

Coincident ?

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MauiStacey

Obviously I know what condensation is.

What I don't understand is how you can believe in random ghost events and not telekinesis. Don't they both come under the heading of "paranormal?"

It's like saying how can I believe in Bigfoot but not the Lochness Monster? Theyre both cryptoids. I don't believe in telekinesis, I think that ghosts for some reason have the power to interfere with physical objects, but obviously I dont know how. Although I have some ideas. Now Im still not convinced this was a ghost or anything. I just couldn't debunk it.

And, yeah, my house is over 100 yrs.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
i don't think that i made it move, i think it was a ghost there is alot of activity in my house a small child died there, but over the summer i was reaching for a cup that was on my VCR and it jumped like 5 inches off of the dresser landed and the cup spilled. i stood there in shock and then when i snapped back i was really freaked out

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Yes keep on trying. Increase what you have. You may have something special.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
that would be cool to have mind powers i might actually try it

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Very interesting!

I believe you may be very talented, I think it could very well have been you that did this, as it's not unheard of for people to posess telekinetic abilities.
If what you say is true, then I believe that could be the explanation.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I dont think it was telekinesis because I wasnt focusing on moving the cup, just increasing my awareness to view spirits.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
i have saw a ghost in full form i could see its complexition its height its strands of hair and i could especially make out it wasnt harmfull like an angel.

i ran towards the spirit as he turned and walked to his left i could see cold and darkness in his eyes it was like he wanted me to contact him, i later found out after running downstairs...(the guy vanished into a room withought an exit)...i ran downstairs crying like a banshii and i went to my grandma and told her what had happened and what he looked like etc and it turns out that the man was actually my great uncle he died young exactly how he looks in the photo i saw...i was only 8 and that was my first experiance with ghosts ever since that day ive asked myself why was it me...why did he chose for me to see him and not my grandma his sister who knew him and loved him...i personally think that anything is possible with the right staight of mind and my last incident was when i slept in a conservatory for months on end i was just on my computer readin and stuff and all of a sudden its gets amazingly cold and im totally freaked out cuz i know theres definately something in my room so i pick up my camera phone casually and i take a picture of me pointing the the left of my head and strangly enough theres a young child in it i freaked out when i saw that id actually caught a ghost on film but unfortunatly i cant put it onto my comp until i get a suitable cable for transferin files to and from my phone to computer...this girl wasnt anyone i know or have seen in life and there is no background in my house and ive lived in this house all my life and this is the first ghost ive seen in it...

well i would say that im more intune with my psychic senses than any others...i dunno if im an indigo child but i might be...i tried to commit suicide after my grandfather died of diabetes..obviously i failed and now im a happy child...and TheOmen add me on msn my addy is [email protected] cuz u seem interesting and any other people add me

peace out

[edit on 3-10-2007 by Richard.M.J.Palmer]

join