It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edwards: 'Pretty Soon We're Not Going to Have a Young African-American Male Population in America.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Edwards: 'Pretty Soon We're Not Going to Have a Young African-American Male Population in America.'

campaignspot.nationalreview.com

“We cannot build enough prisons to solve this problem. And the idea that we can keep incarcerating and keep incarcerating — pretty soon we’re not going to have a young African-American male population in America. They’re all going to be in prison or dead. One of the two.”

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
John Edwards just sealed his fate. His campaign is now officially over!

campaignspot.nationalreview.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Just because of his perception that many young African-Americans could possibly go to prison?

Sounds like what Bill Cosby would say.

I don't think its provocative, its just his concerns as I would say.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
It wasn't the best answer in the world, although I don't think he really meant it to come out like that. Even though the phrase you posted in your thread title was taken just a little out of context, a politician should be able to do a better job in a public forum like that.

Obama and Clinton are licking their chops!

Peace

[edit on 28-9-2007 by Dr Love]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
being an "African-American male" i take this as an offensive comment.. making it seem like thats all "black" choose... jail or dead for a whole poplulation/race?!! thats nutts!itnt he the one thats a mormon?

mormons think blacks are a cursed race anyhow.. so no suprise comming from this joke anyway...people are so retarted.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Obama and Clinton are licking their chops!

You think they were really worried about Edwards? Well, I should say she.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by KINGOFPAIN
mormons think blacks are a cursed race anyhow.. so no suprise comming from this joke anyway...people are so retarted.

Edwards is not a mormon. A moron maybe, but not a mormon. I think he was actually trying to appeal to blacks though, by making the statement that too many people are in prison, and since such a large percentage of inmates are black, he was trying to win black support. It'll prolly backfire, although it doesn't even matter since he doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of being nominated.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Yeah, I think he could have phrased that better!

I don't think he had any chance anyway though.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

For an alleged smooth talking lawyer, he really put his foot in his mouth.
Either his true colors are coming out, or he's not the great speaker I thought he was supposed to be

What was he thinking???

apc

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by KINGOFPAIN

You're confused.

Romney is a Mormon.

Edwards is a moron.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by KINGOFPAIN

Edwards isn't Mormon. Romney is.

Sorry dude!

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Yeah, he musta been tired or something. He prolly came up with that off the cuff and thought on a moments notice it would be a cool thing to say, and that it would be well recieved by the blacks. He obviously forgot how overly sensitive they can be and Imus'd himself.

new topics

top topics

join