It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad invites Bush to speak at an Iranian University

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Ahmadinejad invites Bush to speak at an Iranian University

news.yahoo.com

TEHRAN, Iran - Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad invited President Bush to speak at an Iranian university if the American leader ever traveled to the Islamic Republic, state-run television reported Friday.

Ahmadinejad caused an uproar during his visit to New York this week when he spoke at Columbia University. He faced tough questioning and the university's president introduced him by saying Ahmadinejad exhibited "all the signs of a petty and cruel dictator."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Ahmadinejad Speaks During Controversial Appearance at Columbia University

[edit on 9/28/07 by FredT]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
A sitting US president has not been to Iran since before the Shah was deposed. The odds of Bush making it there are about the center of a donut. More to the point given the recent leaking of Bush's phonetic speech can you imagine how many speeches that sheet would be with all of the Persian names?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Hehe, I had a feeling he would do that.
Bush wouldnt even talk to him when he was in USA, so its a pretty safe bet that he wont go to Iran. Specially with his paranoia for the rest of the world.

Guess which leader has courage and which one doesnt.

[edit on 28-9-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Posturing and grandstanding...

Perhaps G.W. should accept on the condition that the IAEA gets "all access."

That will preclude any further offers.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
Perhaps G.W. should accept on the condition that the IAEA gets "all access."

Bush still wouldn't have the cojones.

I think Jimmy Carter should go over there and speak.

Peace

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

Its total politics and an easy propaganda victory for sure.
Lets say the IAEA got the full access would Bush really go? I doubt it.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
bush dont have the back bone to go there... he would make himself lo0k worse then he already makes himself... although i think this would be funny to have the tables turn and see how well he would be welcomed there...

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Does that mean you think Mahmoud has the cajones to allow the IAEA to poke around? I don't think he does... Not because of what they might find, but because of the "accident" he's sure to have when those that hold his leash are tired of one too many "wet spots in the house." They'll put that dog down quicker than Michael Vick would a poodle with no fight in him.

There's a a joke to made there... Mahmoud... Michael Vick... Mix in an O.J. reference and "The Chin" will be getting all the lulz on the Tonight Show.

Comedy Monkeys, not just for stand up shtick anymore...

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by KINGOFPAIN

Didnt US leaders used to go to foreign middle east countries in the past? I seem to remember they did, but I could be wrong.

Personally I think it says a lot about the character of the Iran president to have the courage to come to USA and speak at universities. Before anyone judges him, would you do the same in his situation?

Im not speaking about his politics now.. just the man. I think he was brave coming there. He probably had the idea that he may get assassinated in the united states, but he went anyway.

[edit on 28-9-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
Does that mean you think Mahmoud has the cajones to allow the IAEA to poke around?

He said he has. IAEA says he's got nothing. Combine that with the US' past history of saying somebody has something that they really don't, what am I supposed to think? He'd win in a court of law.

Peace

[edit on 28-9-2007 by Dr Love]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Really? The IAEA says Iran has nothing? I must have missed that.

What I didn't miss was this:

Iran on Monday offered some cooperation with an International Atomic Energy Agency probe of an alleged secret uranium processing project linked by U.S. intelligence to a nuclear arms program.

abcnews.go.com...

If they are just now offering "some cooperation," how can the IAEA say they "have nothing." Or was that just a "convenient" thing to say that required no research or documentation?

For the record, here is Iran's statement to the IAEA that they will "cooperate."

www.iaea.org...

If they have found "nothing," then why does Iran admit to all the outstanding issues as outlined in the above document?

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Mirthful Me

Operative phrase being "...linked by U.S. intelligence to a nuclear arms program." Shouldn't the IAEA be making that link, afterall it is what they do isn't it?

I thought we were all supposed to come to the conclusion after 9/11 and Iraq that our intelligence isn't worth a hill of beans, at least that's what our government is telling us. Are we supposed to go to war again because of possibly flawed intelligence..........or is it something more?

Peace

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
My Opinion

Thats really funny, that President of Iran is a funny guy.

I agree with the one poster that President Bush probably would get booed like

the Iran President did in the U.S University if President Bush went to Iran.

I don't thinks thats gonna happen though.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Bush speaking there :

"All your base are belong to us. We mean no harm, just hand over those oil barrels to us and we go away, you keep osama."

Here is a hint for Bush, why not make friends with Iran, so that you get oil for cheap and they won't attack you with nukes. So many 'nukular' countries are their friends like Russia, India etc. and they have no such fears.

Everyone knows that Israel is nothing but a way to keep things hot so that these Muslim countries can protect themselves and keep sheeple under control. Politics as usual, nothing serious.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Would you like to try again?

www.iaea.org...

The discrepancies in the above document were discovered by the IAEA, not any U.S. agency, military or otherwise.

They are being addressed (at least attempting to be addressed) by the IAEA, not and U.S. agency military or otherwise.

The only operative phrase being "they found nothing" attributable only to you, and not Iran, or the IAEA.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

The list of current outstanding issues:

A. Enrichment Programme
The Agency and Iran agreed to cooperate in preparing the safeguards approach for the
Natanz Fuel Enrichment Plant in accordance with Iran's Comprehensive Safeguards
Agreement. The draft text of the safeguards approach paper, and the facility attachment
of IRN- were provided to Iran on 23 July 2007. The safeguards approach and the facility
attachment were discussed during technical meetings in Iran between the Agency and the
AEOI from 6 to 8 August 2007. Further discussions will be held with the aim of
finalizing the facility attachment by the end of September 2007.
B. Heavy Water Research Reactor in Arak
Iran agreed with the Agency's request to visit the heavy water research reactor (IR40) site
in Arak. A successful visit took place on 30 July 2007.
C. Designation of new inspectors
On 12 July 2007, Iran accepted the designation of five additional inspectors.
D. Issue of multiple entry visas
On 12 July 2007, Iran agreed to issue one year multiple entry visas for 14 inspectors and
staff of the Agency.

You will note that none of these issues are violations of the NPT. No other country has ever had to submit to inspections of make assurances regarding any of these.
It's also important to note that Iran is making attempts to resolve these issues even though they really shouldn't have to under the treaty they signed.

Iran is doing everything it can, yet new "charges" are constantly be trumped up.

I'm not worried about Iran... the US, I worry about every day.

On topic:
I would like to see Bush speak in an Iranian university. It would teach him a lot to visit there. Maybe he could start to understand some of the real cultural barriers that make it so hard to have a meaningful diolog.

Hell, I'd like to go there myself... just to see how things are first hand. Meet the people, have some coffee, eat the food. Get my ear yakked off.
If I only had the coin and the time, it's something I would do in a heartbeat.

[edit on 28-9-2007 by BitRaiser]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Mirthful, are you really looking at this objectively? Im just saying that its sometimes easy to get blinded by feelings for a country. Im also more worried about USA than Iran to be honest. They are the aggressors and looking for a reason to go to war...

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Copernicus, In this case I feel the USA Gov has an interest in Iranian nuclear affairs and being next door to the US I do too. Iran's actions in Iraq and the history of distrust between, actually hatred between Iran & US Govs has come to a point where there is no trust and no-way to feel confident a loose nuc or radio active wmd could not find it's way out of Iran and linger into north america.

There are some situations where lack of trust between two countries means little in world events, but in the wmd world -- with unproven security, it could mean the difference between life and death in the oodles and I'm not referring to Iran.

Dallas

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Bush has to be the worst public speaker ever elected president.Why people here have voted for this babbling buffoon twice is beyond me but certainly bodes badly for the future of this country.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Why should Iran allow the IAEA to "poke around"any more than it does in any other nation ?

Does it "poke around" to this extent in Israel ?

Until fair and even standards are imposed on ALL nations wishing to acquire nuclear technology for whatever reason, why should Iran bow ?

If I were the Iranian regime, I'd demand equality, or I'd flip the IAEA the bird and shut it down...

Better to go down with a fight, and have a lot of the worlds people (not their administrations) on your side when your country gets nuked....

Frankly, as an Australian, I am totally disgusted we followed the US into war in Iraq...I come from a long line of servicemen on both sides of my family going back to WW1...And when we became involved in Iraq, I wept...

My forefathers did not start wars, they fought them when the enemy was the aggressor...

Make no mistake, if the US decides to attack Iran after the end of this year, the only major ally they will have will be Britain, and even that isn't guaranteed, give the change of government about to happen here...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join