It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student Gunman Holding Up to 10 Hostages in California High School (UPDATE)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Student Gunman Holding Up to 10 Hostages in California High School

www.foxnews.com

Police are negotiating with a student gunman who fired shots inside a northern California high school.

Up to 10 students are being held in the bandroom at Las Plumas High School in Oroville, Calif. by a student with a gun, according to preliminary and unconfirmed reports from the police scanner. No injuries have been reported.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-9-2007 by Bunch]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
This is apparently breaking news, hope the situation gets resolved quickly with nothing to be lamented. Again security issues in our schools, something has to be done about that.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-9-2007 by Bunch]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Whats the legal age to purchase guns in America?

This is seeeriously getting out of hand. Yesterday a student was arrested for bringing a rifle to school and was wearing a Bush mask...

Sheesh wat is this world coming to

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
UPDATE

A student fired shots inside a high school and held three students hostage for over an hour before he was taken into custody Friday morning, authorities said. No one was injured.

The 17-year-old student initially took about 30 students hostage in a band room at Las Plumas High School around 9 a.m., said Police Capt. Jerry Smith. He quickly released most of them, but held three students for about an hour longer before he was arrested, Smith said.

The gunman's only demand to deputies during the standoff was that they "back off," he said.

Fortunately this one ends with no fatalities. Still makes you think that no one is safe no more anywhere, we cant send our kids to school with the peace of mind that they going to be ok, I'm sure they can come out with some bigger gun laws restrictions or penalties, something needs to be done.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Zenem

it doesnt matter what the legal age is when i was thirteen i bought a mac-11 and a revolver you can get anything on the streets and that doesnt just apply to gangsters i know alot of good kids that bought illegal guns just to go hunting and you can bet that whoever stole sold it to them cause they want to get rid of them before they get caught with them....speaking of which i was gonna ask theres been nothing said about the gunman was it gang related was he just off his meds? was he getting bullied?

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by justanothergangster

They have not release any details yet, I doubt that they will release much since the guy is a minor.

You bake a good point about you can buy many kind of weapons on the streets. What I would like to see is when something like this happens is having the parents or relatives in charge of the minor being charge as well, is time to hold the grown up accountable for the mistake of their kids too, that might help prevent many of this incidents IMO

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

exactly alot of kids myself not excluded were and are given too much freedom by there parents and they know what goes on now adays but at the same time the parents didnt make the descision to take a gun to school hes seventeen so i imagine theyll give him a youthful offender and charge him as a adult even if its his first offense i was given a youthful on my first offense

new topics

top topics

join