It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Russian fraud investigator shot dead in Moscow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Top Russian fraud investigator shot dead in Moscow

www.breitbart.com

A top Russian investigator was shot dead on Thursday as he walked out of a restaurant in central Moscow in an apparent contract killing, the Kommersant daily reported.
Nazim Kaziakhmedov was shot twice in the chest and once in the head by an attacker dressed in black and wearing a baseball cap, Kommersant said on Friday, citing officials.

Kaziakhmedov was working on a major fraud case involving investment group Finvest and was a member of the newly-formed investigative committee of the Russian prosecutor's office, Kommersant said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Its becoming more and more dangerous to work at any level of the Russian Government. Glad I work here in NY City where I only have to worry about terrorists and errant cab drivers.

Is anyone safe under Putin's regime???

www.breitbart.com

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
May be a message send to Putin and new Prime Minister Viktor Zubkov?

The nomination of Zubkov, who has overseen investigations into suspicious financial transactions, caught much of the political elite off guard, which appeared to be Putin's intention.

Is going to be interesting times in Russia if P.M. Zubkov starts cracking down on corruption and the mafia.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by traderonwallst

Its becoming more and more dangerous to work at any level of the Russian Government. Glad I work here in NY City where I only have to worry about terrorists and errant cab drivers.

Is anyone safe under Putin's regime???

www.breitbart.com

I don't think it has anything to do with Putin at all. The investigator was most probably on mafia's trail, and was liquidated. Sad news, indeed. I hope this will actually motivate the authorities in Russia to slam the mobsters as badly as possible. Without mercy.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
For a second...

I thought the report was going to be that Sorcha Faal was dead... Then I remembered that Sorcha Faal is really David Booth and he lives in New Hampshire.

A monkey can dream though...

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by traderonwallst

This news from Russia stands in larger relief for many of us because US Americans, Canadians and Australians tend to have all sorts of attendant controlling thoughts about Russia dating from the Cold War. Those are easily transplanted to the present, and every such death leaps out larger than life.

The same light could be turned on the USA with the murders, deaths, suicides etc. across the ranks of scientists as well as hosts of others during the Bush/Clinton/Bush presidencies. Do they directly relate to the President at the top -- every last one of them? Not likely. But they do show that as in Russia those who shine light on what is done in secret become targets themselves because they are illuminated by the very light they are shining on the cockroaches -- that seems an apt way to describe them imho.

The hero's life is fraught with danger. God bless the fallen heroes. But we have need of heroes still, and we need to be those heroes and stop waiting for someone else to step forward or place our confidence in a future deus ex machina moment to save us all. As Joni Mitchell sings in her new song Shine "May all the little lights shine."

[edit on 28/9/07 by Pellevoisin]

new topics

top topics

join