It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama City Reopening Fallout Shelters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Alabama City Reopening Fallout Shelters

Interesting, Been thinking this should be on every bodies to do list, think about it.

HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (Sept. 27) - In an age of al-Qaida, sleeper cells and the threat of nuclear terrorism, Huntsville is dusting off its Cold War manual to create the nation's most ambitious fallout-shelter plan, featuring an abandoned mine big enough for 20,000 people to take cover underground.

read more here

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
City prepares

Imagine that An intire city, scared or smart enough to take that chance and prepare for the worst case, situation X. Its a shame Where I've there lots of retired folks who have already lives through these kinds of times so no support there.

Maybe they're fanatics like the rest of us, lol but interesting none the less. Call up your city afficials and find out if there are such place in your area.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I wonder how they will determine who gets in and who is stuck outside... if it fits only twenty thousand people in it, there are going to be a lot of people wanting in. Will check each and every suitcase brough in to make sure it's only clean socks and underwear??
Jules

join