It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italy Arrests Man Over Planned Air Attack In Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
This is interesting, it seems that this suspected terrorist was going to buy several ultralight aircrafts, pack them with explosives and conduct attacks in Iraq.

www.javno.com

Italian police arrested an Iraqi man on Friday on suspicion of preparing an armed attack in Iraq using ultra-light aircraft and charged him with belonging to a group linked to al Qaeda.

Italian police arrest Iraqi suspected of planning attacks in Iraq

I can't help but flashback to the Road Warrior film and that guy in the helicopter wearing the leather helmet and goggles.

The suspect was a 35 year old Iraqi kebob salesman.

ed:sp

[edit on 2007/9/28 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
The suspect was a 35 year old Iraqi kebob salesman.

Sorry, but I laughed because dude sold shish-kebobs.

I'm not sure an air attack from anybody but us would work in Iraq. This guy would just end up as target practice for a few .50 cal. equipped choppers.

That being said, we could let him be successful so it would stir up the pot a little more.

Peace

[edit on 28-9-2007 by Dr Love]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Sorry, but I laughed because dude sold shish-kebobs.

My fondest memories from my 8 months in the first gulf war were the few times I was able to go to town and get a nice lamb kebob served with the "clay oven baked" flatbread to order.

Anyway I agree that the kamikaze ultralight plane idea is doomed to failure but it could have been used for other targets possibly.

join