It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mega-Lie Called the "War on Terror": A Masterpiece of Propaganda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   

The Mega-Lie Called the "War on Terror": A Masterpiece of Propaganda

www.alternet.org

"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the state can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie ... The truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the state." --Joseph Goebbels, minister of propaganda in Nazi Germany, 1933-1945
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
A very interesting article, including timelines, which shows just hoiw much the public has been fooled by the Bush/Blair propaganda machine.

www.alternet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   

The integrity of the Constitution and the rule of law are at stake as well, but the Congress continues its indifference to impeachment, effectively condoning the administration's behavior. Should this continue, thinking Americans will discard the last crumbs of respect for the incumbent legislature -- polling shows there's not much left -- and punish its members, Republican and Democrat alike, in next year's election.

Impeachment will expose the fraudulence of the "War on Terror" and liberate us from the pall of fear the Bush administration has deliberately cast upon the country. Both political parties will be free to speak the truth: Terrorism is real and a cause for concern, but it is not a reason for abject fear.

Quoted for truth. But I dont think its possible to impeach Bush, is it? Not in the current form of USA... wouldnt anyone trying to impeach him be a terrorist and a threat to national security?

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Perhaps,
but I really can't see him getting away with calling all opponents terrorists.
Of course, given the state of fear he has promoted, a lot of citizens MAY see him as some sort of saviour, when in fact the reverse is true.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Thats what I see... you are unpatriotic if you dont support the president, and people like Ron Paul are constantly fighting a uphill battle in order to get heard in a fair manner.

The whole system is rotten from inside.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I've been thinking a lot about this, and it really is a masterpiece of propaganda on both sides of the atlantic - too bad for them that the net has promoted a lot of debate from free thinking people who are not controllable in the traditional sense i.e. through the media.

It's just a pity more people don't wake up and smell the oil money - I have friends who genuinely believe what they are told by the pols - until I show them evidence such as presented here, and get them to read some ATS stuff.
Of course some will always laugh and say it's just conspiracy crackpots reading too much into it, but these people are IMO conditioned too heavily to see beyond the media machine into the true motives of these so-called representatives of the people.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
@ Budsky: you say"[...]but these people are IMO conditioned too heavily to see beyond the media machine into the true motives of these so-called representatives of the people."
It is also a lot more comfortable to swallow the 'red Pill' (Matrix) and hate your Boss, enjoy the political pub 'discussions' i.e. Politics is crap, Muslims = terrorists etc. and then change to more interesting topics like:football scores, formula 1, who is cheating on who and all the rest of the pseudoimportant cr*p!
Many people aren't interested in opening their eyes and sometimes I wonder if we have the right to force the Truth on them!?!

The ultimate question that I always end up asking myself is: When is a truth important enough to be forced onto someone?
(UFOs? Religion? War on Terror? ...)

Samuel

new topics

top topics

join