It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jibril: Israel will attack Syria soon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Jibril: Israel will attack Syria soon

www.jpost.com

Israel has already made a decision to attack Syria and was just mulling where to land its first strike, Ahmad Jibril, leader of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine claimed in an interview published Friday by Arabic paper Al Hadat.

PFLP head Ahmad Jibril.
Photo: AP [file]
RELATED
Clinton: IAF 'attack in Syria' justified
Jibril estimated that Israeli action, several weeks after an alleged IAF foray into Syria on September 6 would likely be a wide-scale operation, and would probably be answered with attacks by Iran, Hizbullah in Lebanon and the Palestinians of Syria.

"I believe Israel has prepared all likely scenarios for war with Syria, but they are still considering where they would land the first strike, which will come very soon," Jibril said. "They are weighing whether to attack on one front or on multiple fronts.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Well if this guy knows anything then here is your answer how it will all go down.It will start with Israel bombing Syria,of course Iran will respond and the U.S. will intercept to be the hero and save Israel.

This idea has been kicking around a while and I'm buying it.It seems like the perfect way to look innocent while destroying Iran.

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
The thing is, Iran and Syria know the playbook too, they are not stupid.

If Israel kicks off action against Syria, who take a defence only posture and Iran watch from the sidelines, then Israel is kinda hung out to dry and the US has no excuse to join in. The world then will see once again that Israel is the agitator and aggressor. Sure, they'll try to spin their way out but the damage to themselves will be big.
Of course, they'll try to justify bombing Syrian targets again - they're building a Deathstar or Nuclear Powered droids with NK nukes - but the burden of proof will be upon them. Not that it usually seems to matter though as Israel can get away with anything and nobody in power has the gonads to stop them, let alone criticise

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I think this could be the start of a surprise of global proportions. I think Israel will start this with Syria at the same time that US attacks Iran. I don't think it would be a good idea for Israel to just go attack Syria. Iran will obviously retaliate in Syria's favor. The only thing that could achieve success in my opinion is for the US to stick Iran simultaneously.

Based on the above article it seems likely anything could happen since the arab powers secretly approve of power shift in ME.

[edit on 28-9-2007 by superheterodyne]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
You know Syria was up to no good for Israel to bomb them that deep in Syrian territory, The silence from Syria and the other Arab states about what they hit is prof of that.
What ever it was has Syria in deep trouble. Syria has always been the attacker so stop blaming the Israelis for wars they don't start. If nothing becomes of this bombing by the Israelis then you know that it has Iran and Syria very worried that the Israelis can bomb them at will.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
If this is true, it could very well turn into the perfect storm of sorts.

Israel attacks Syria - Syria and Iran retaliate against Israel - the US "defends" its ally by launching a massive air campaign against Iran to eliminate the threat.

This conflict would then rise the fear of a domestic threat in our country and put Bush right back on track! Its perfect!

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthWithin

Exactly my feelings.I have been wondering how this was going to kick off and I just didn't buy the whole false flag attack.it would be so hard to link a blown up buss or something back to Iran and actually have anyone believe us.

By doing it this way,we are "forced" into the conflict and it begins.I just hope none of the hidden enemies decide to do anything crazy.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Takes gonads to sneak in and laser the target right under the syrians and their iranian 'friends'
lol
go Israel!

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Ahmed Jabril is seeing the arab world back away from support for Syria after the recent air raid. He wants to talk up hysteria to get the arab world to support a new round of Jihad.

It can't be far from the minds of the arab world that Iran is Syria's ally. That Iran has threatened nuclear attack on all of USA's allies in the Gulf. Nor can it be far from the minds of the predominantly Sunni arab world that the Iranian backed Shia of Iraq have formed death squads to kill Sunni.

Syria is an unusual Sunni nation, in that it's ruling elite are Shia.

In effect Isreal got it's nose quite bloodied in southern Lebanon in 2006. I don't think they want another offensive land war for some time.

[edit on 28-9-2007 by sy.gunson]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
You know Syria was up to no good for Israel to bomb them that deep in Syrian territory, The silence from Syria and the other Arab states about what they hit is prof of that.
What ever it was has Syria in deep trouble. Syria has always been the attacker so stop blaming the Israelis for wars they don't start. If nothing becomes of this bombing by the Israelis then you know that it has Iran and Syria very worried that the Israelis can bomb them at will.

I agree totally with your view.
Of course most of us with a even headed view of the middle east already knew that Syria was up to no good. I am 100% convinced that Syria was up to something so threatening that Israel had no choice but to defend themselves.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
What is it with Israels obsession with trying to spark a regional war!?

You'd think with their ancestors nearly escaping one world war, that they'd have learned just how horrific war is.

I can see no other reason to attack more middle eastern countries other than being racist. This whole conflict between the middle east and western religions is going too far.

It's time we stop this before we civilians have to end up paying for this racism with our own lives.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky

Israel is NOT trying to spark a regional war. They are simply defending themselves from Syria just like the U.S. acted to defend itself when missiles were being shipped to Cuba.

I can see no other reason to attack more middle eastern countries other than being racist.

How can you be racist against a country or nationality?

Racist means to hate another race and not a nationality or country.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson

Syria is an unusual Sunni nation, in that it's ruling elite are Shia.

The ruling elite in Syria are Alawites, and while they arise out of Shia and consider themselves real Muslims, there are plenty of Shia and Sunni who do not regard them as real Muslims. Because there are so many factions in Syria, the genius of the Alowite Assad family has been to bring all factions to the table and give them a piece of the pie.

Alawism is itself a fascinating syncretistic system.

I think Iran's friendship with Syria has nothing to do with any perceived common Shia background but rather "the enemy of my enemy is my friend (until I kill my enemy and then I'll kill you too)".

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

Well said, jsobecky. Israel does seem to have preoccupation with screwing with it's neighbours, and it's high time this stopped, because, as you said, we civillians will be the ones who pay the price at the end, not the Corporate Fascists in Washington or the Zionist Taleban leaders in Tel Aviv.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
These are incredibly troubled times. We are on the brink of war with Iran and Syria, along with a war in Iraq. This is coupled with what is going on in Darfur and Burma.

I really hope we make it through all of this.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Johnsky wrote:

Possibly something to do with Arab obsession to wipe Isreal off the map

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Percival Hackworth
reply to post by johnsky

Well said, jsobecky. Israel does seem to have preoccupation with screwing with it's neighbours, and it's high time this stopped, because, as you said, we civillians will be the ones who pay the price at the end, not the Corporate Fascists in Washington or the Zionist Taleban leaders in Tel Aviv.

Couldant disagree with you more John!
Seems like that tired rhetoric has been hacked right off the typical Arab litany.
If you take the trouble to investigate Israel has helped many nations and has had to attack in some cases to retain her sovereignty.
I am a Christian Zionist , that is I believe the Bible promises to Abraham the Father of the faithful , Isaac and Jacob that ALL of her land is hers forever. That means the so called west bank, Judea and Samaria and much more if you were to read her deed in the Book of Genesis.
The crux of the matter is that the Saviour of the world came through the Jews and God is watching anybody who tries to screw His plan around
Gen 12:3
Y

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 03:12 AM
link   
so what happens if nothing happens?
this is like..getting old for a lot of us no?

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Or what happens if Syria is struck by Israel (or the US)...and Iran, knowing it's got no way to "win" if it retaliates in defense of Syria, doesn't retaliate? That's a possibility.

Iran'd show a hell of a lot of discipline by not lashing out. Of course Syria wouldn't be too impressed.

What if, what if, what if. Ooh, the possibilities are fascinating. And I sure would love to know what's really going on behind the scenes.

F

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinabean
so what happens if nothing happens?
this is like..getting old for a lot of us no?

If nothing happens I will be happy as hell.To many bad things can happen with this conflict ,I'll leave it at that for now heh.

I'm plenty sick of it,and everyone I talk to about it is also fed up.It's almost laughable to see the daily developements and no one cares.It's very discouraging.My girlfriend use to talk to me all the time about it,but when she actually read into whats going on in the world herself the stopped letting me talk to her about it.

That's one thing that really gets me though.How can certain people just not care?I really think poeple just get to scared and give up,I mean even if your ready to make a difference you feel helpless.

I have faith when times really get hard Americans will regain their courage and do what's right.I just wonder if it will be to late.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join