It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Argentian Tree-Folk...Faery?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Here's an article I found and unfortunately is all I could uncover on this story. If anyone else can find information on it, then please post away!

Strange Creatures Seen in San Luis, Argentina

Days ago, the Municipality of Merlo, at the request of local residents, trimmed a hundred-year old eucalyptus that is next to the Leopoldo Lugones Library in Piedra Blanca, on a tight curve by Avenida de los Incas. The large branches obscured visibility for motorists and jeopardized light and telephone wires on windy days.

While the trimming operations took place on the avenue, adjacent to a stream, traffic was interrupted and once restored, locals driving through the area, lighting it with their car headlights, claimed to have seen the strange figures. They reportedly saw “some little men coming out of the amputated tree and walking single file toward the library. Most witnesses did not offer details, but one woman described their clothing as having a brownish hue,” said Cecillia de Gabrele, an employee at the library who fielded several phone calls at her workplace from locals who sought confirmation for what they had seen nearby. However, neither the employee nor her coworkers noticed anything unusual.

Cecilia added that for many years there have been stories of “imp” sightings for many years in that district. “Thats where Aguaribay Street begins, which has abundant native flora, and many claim having seen tiny beings between the branches and shadows.”

Once the trimming operation was over in what some believe may have been the dwelling of these little people, the landscape “was devastating”, according to De Gabriele. The eucalyptus has a reddish wood and after being trimmed, this shade became visible. Faced with the bizarre scene, some have gone as far as to suggest that “the strong coloring gave the impression that the tree was bleeding.”

SOURCE

The employee and the co-workers spot nothing unusual yet traffic was stopped next to a stream where eye witnesses saw small men walking single file away from the cut down trees.

Anyone heard of this story? It's interesting.

[edit on 28-9-2007 by Arawn]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Very very interesting. I would like to visit there and it seems to collaborate with other reports of the wee people

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
All I can imagine is the little guys from the south park episode when they go to the rainforest and get kidnapped by them!

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Very interesting. It's a shame there isn't more information on this "little people" phenomenon besides folklore and legends.

Maybe their extra dimensional beings? Or maybe people just have a really active imagination.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Almost sounds like brownies to me. Cool how they described the tree as bleeding though.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Very interesting. Can they describe more about it...like wings?
That is always a clue, you know.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
That's a neat little story! I wonder if they only live in that certain tree, or can they move to any where in the forest. And hopefully they speak/understand the local language so they new to move all of their little furnishings and keepsakes before the tree was slaughtered!

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by danachua

Actually the wings were added as a flare of art. Original sighting of the fae or wee-people had no wings and were about knee high people whose bodies were in proportion.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I will try to find more info here.

Never hear of something like that.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Cool story, nice find.

It kind of coincides with a picture that was posted on hear a while back ( year or two ) with the police men on horse back walking opposite each other and a small 'creature' running across the road.

I can't remember it being debunked ( with facts ) and I'm pretty sure that was in Argentina as well.

Then again, Argentina isn't a 'hot-bed' for little creatures like Alabama is

Edit to add the following: ( no need to giggle by myself )

ATS - Leprechaun In Alabama

[edit on 11-10-2007 by Grailkeeper]

new topics

top topics

join