It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gable Film - Michigan Dogman

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Murdoku

Wow what an idiot, I don't know why people keep insisting it's in Ohio, I never knew anyone that could mix a 4 letter word up with a 8 letter word, MICHIGAN, and as for being a wolverine, that would be a awful mighty high jump for a rodent/mammal to jump up and lunge at the camera, have you ever seen a beaver or weasel try to jump?? Ah, me either.. I don't know if anyone noticed but at the start of the video when they are getting out of the truck you can actually see the animal trotting across the ground in the in the foreground

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Anyone have the original documentary of this video?:S I can't find it anywhere:S

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I do not see a dog I see a ape like animal with longer legs than a gorilla, Maybe this animal if it is a gorilla was a pet that is running around with the owners or a escaped animal from some place else ? The film was at a estate do the estate owners or living relatives know anything about what this is ? Cool video

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
all of your theroys are resonable but youll notices the animals back legs morph drastically and its pure size also inflates greatly. whe the face shoots past the camrea shortly before the camera man is killed you can see a K-9 jaw structre and also its eye.

call me crazy but i belive it to be the beast of brayroad, yes a werewolf

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
It definately shapeshifts as it passes that little tree. I think it look like a large cat, maybe a panther? a gorilla wouldnt bound. and im pretty sure if you pause it just before it goes out of shot, you can see paws.

If this is fake it really well done!

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Ok, people. The film in question is real the animal is a doglike creature. My grandfather was the camera man. They were just north of Baldwin Michigan in Irons. It was just before rifle season was about to open. Grandpa and a friend were setting up camp grandpa had a camera with him while they were there so he could show every one what it was like up in the woods during deer season. While Grandpa and his friend were walking around baiting areas for the deer, they heard a growling noise coming from behind them, Grandpa turned around and they caught that doglike thing coming at them. Sadly to say Grandpa passed later that year and as for his friend, we never saw him again. So, yes this is real.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Arawn

well to me it kindof reminds me of a bear because of the colour and size of the animal. I will admit that its movements don't fit the description of a bear though and gorillas don't run that much. I doubt the dog man is that wide in size though

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Looks like to me...

It is a gorilla at first.. then when it starts to charge and moves really fast.... it "morphs" into a black panther.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
What gets me is that when it's moving in the first few it's moving sideways like a gorrila would move. But then when it charges at the person if you look closely you can see all four legs come off of the ground.

I'm not an expert on any type of gorrilas, or apes I've only seen them when I've went to the zoo, but as far as I know they don't run like that.

And I've noticed some people commenting on the people recording nothing, or asking why they'd be recording while they're driving. My family does it when we used to go on family trips. It's a way to preserve family trips and memories...and a way to pass the the time.

I want to believe that it's real because there are things that show the differences and flaws that wouldn't be present in just one single animal, but there are so many people that do hoaxes now a days that it's hard to believe.

Oh well everyone has their own opinions.

And my opinion is that there are creatures out there that we have yet to discover and that are living around us that we have yet to see or prove that they exist.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
For those unfamiliar with "The Gable Film" story, it is a 3.5 minute reel of 8mm film which turned up in a box of odds and ends at an estate sale several years ago. It appears to have been shot in the 1970's, and contains a startling scene at the end which many believe shows a creature very similar to the dogman described in "The Legend."

The Gable Film contains some sort of creature which obviously attacks the camera-man for unknown reasons. It has the stature of a gorilla and charges like one also. During it's charge, it's very obvious that the creature somehow shifts it's shape into a wolf, and grows pointy ears and a long snout. One of the last images seen on the tape is the teeth of the creature biting the camera.

Here is a site dedicated to the legend of the Michigan's Dogman:
www.michigan-dogman.com...

Here are the pictures for those too lazy to click a link to the site:
First: www.michigan-dogman.com...
Second: www.michigan-dogman.com...
Third: www.michigan-dogman.com...
Fourth: www.michigan-dogman.com...
Fifth: www.michigan-dogman.com...

As you can see, in the third pic it's very obvious it somehow changes it's shape from the first.

Here's a YT vid of it, the best yet:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Well it starts out like a gorilla and then when it's running all four feet leave the ground when it shifts it's wait after crossing the little tree.

Any one do any research as to whither gorillas generally have all four feet/hands off of the ground at once? There is s ome research going on about the spine in different animals that make them run different than other animals.

I'll do some looking around and see what I find.

Just for the record, this video in it's current form is impossible to make out ears tails or even the leg. Either that or you guys are looking at a different video than I am.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Certainly it looks and moves like a gorilla, but all four feet leave the ground when it changes direction. I'm not sure if this is a gorillas normal movement process.

The videos I have looked at are cool but it's impossible to get much detail out of them.

There is a lot of work on the running of animals and the movement of the spine when in motion, I'd like to do some research and see if gorillas move this way.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Also, is there any way to find the uncompressed version? Granny crap movies are the bane of this field, can't see anything.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Axxis

One possibility that no one seems to have brought up is that it could have been a large cat of some kind, possibly a panther or cougar. Watch the way it runs, notice how you can see the musculature of the beast? It's very similar to the way cougars run when charging. And the jaws/teeth look very similar too. Just a theory though, thought I'd throw that up for everyone to chew on.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I just don't see a cat when I look at it. It doesn't move like a cat. Since the film I'm looking at is really poor I guess we'll never know without new images.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
ive watched this footage over and over again
at times it looks like a silverback gorilla, i mean, it fits that image so perfectly, then a short moment of blurryness and it looks as though its composition had completley changed into that of a bear then once again a silverback then a abnormally large bulky wolf, then the attack, which gives off a canine vibe instantly

this is a very very strange occurence, what ever happened to mr. gable?

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lincolns_Avenger

this is a very very strange occurence, what ever happened to mr. gable?

he was killed:
www.ghosttheory.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I found this video that is a direct link to the original Gable video. Make sure you read the video description on the right.

Gable Death Investigation Video

I've watched the Gable video over and over. I can tell you four things...it's not a Gorilla, it's not a bear, it's not a dog, and it's not a Wolverine. I have no idea what it is, but it's definitely not any of those.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
its a dog in a bear costume read the link i posted above.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join