It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gable Film - Michigan Dogman

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Dogs and bears are related, so maybe this could be some genetic mutation that has triggered some sort of evolutionary cross breed thing?
Doesnt make alot of sense reading this, but its a possibility.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
It's still a gorilla.
I'm not sure where wolverine is coming from but although the mouths have similar teeth, the mouths are completely different widths.

Bears and Dogs are now completely separate species and cannot mate.

Watch some footage of how a gorilla walks on all fours.
Watch this video.
Notice the exact same behavior.

This video could very well be fake for a number of reasons, so I would say there is a HIGH probability it's either part of a viral marketing campaign or film student trying to bring attention to himself/herself.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
...Or a viral media campaign like blair witch. Cmon it has all the tell tale signs a somehing like that. Slickly shot, with copyrighted material, ect, just screams not real to me.

An unfortunate reality in this day and age of the internet, and probably the correct conclusion.

Question, why was the word "man" added to the name of the beast?

Another thing to consider, it could be one of them killer 'coons.

Peace

[edit on 30-9-2007 by Dr Love]

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Branchly
Dogs and bears are related, so maybe this could be some genetic mutation that has triggered some sort of evolutionary cross breed thing?
Doesnt make alot of sense reading this, but its a possibility.

No, it is definately not a possibility. You would have just as big a possibility of mating an elephant with a mosquito.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Seems that the film has been reported as a fake on the blog listed at the start of this thread on the 28th.

Blog

Well, everyone can stop agonizing over what that creature is. Just this afternoon, Steve Cook asked me to post a general message declaring that he has found the film's fatal flaw. He had a highly enhanced version to look at, and in his continuing efforts to fully scrutinize every frame of this film, finally found one short sequence that gives the whole thing up as a hoax. He sent it to me and I agree completely.

[edit on 30/9/07 by Rhain]

[edit on 30/9/07 by Rhain]

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhain

To elaborate on the above post, I did a little searching (the link provided to the original site on the blog was dead for me, so I had to break out the Almighty Google) and found this:

Michigan-Dogman.com

This Steve fellow examined very high-res stills of this video and is even nice enough to provide a couple of them. If you examine the pictures at the bottom of that page, you'll see that in one of the stills, there is a very recognizable, very human leg attached to the 'creature'.

So it turns out that this monster was just some guy who wanted to help make a scary movie, according to Steve.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
It looks as if the film has been spliced at several points throughout the clip. The most prominent splice occurs right before the creature appears in the woods. Watch the video very closely and notice that the creature looks hidden then all of a sudden you see it clearly and no movement in between. This is another reason to think the film has been faked.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Zyanith

Whether the film is a fake or not, I don't know. But I looked at the stills and I don't see anything recognizable as a human leg.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Whether the film is a fake or not, I don't know. But I looked at the stills and I don't see anything recognizable as a human leg.

I reviewed the stills also then compared them with the video. I can see where someone might think it's a foot but the image is so blurry, it's simply not possible to make out any detail.

I believe it's actually part of the gorillas back that is mistaken for the leg.

My thought is that the film was spliced and footage of a gorilla charging was inserted.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity, Why would anybody film a man arriving on a snowmobile, then a man chopping wood in fall, then a dog in the snow, then a lady fixing a ford? Its all in different time spans, and then somebody films out of a car window, and very awkwardly films his/her own camera in the mirror. The creature itself is very weird, but I say its a fake. Oh, and if you are able to freeze frame at 3.22:600 you see a very human looking eye. And before being ''attacked'' notice the trees in front of the creature, then he looks like he runs away, but when he lifts the camera up again, it looks like he hasn't moved at all. Then he gets attacked from left-right, but thats where the camera 'up'ed' from. Anyways, its just really fishy to me.

-Jimmy-

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I'm not seeing a human leg and foot. I'm seeing something that's in the general shape of a leg and foot, but it's so blurry that it could also be an unknown animal's leg and foot.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
It kinda looks like all of the above, hover I feel the wolverine has too bushy of a tail for it to be what we see in this 8mm.. I thought Gorilla as soon as I saw it as well, even thought about that Sibu dog I think someone said, but that would have to be a dog that just came out of the dryer to have wild hair like that. But the fur could give it the impression, that it is bigger than it really is. I too, say hoax, but you never really truly know. Did anyone do any police work on this as far as reports go? Has anyone cleaned up the image at all for that water tower?

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I'm even more convinced it was a wolverine after seeing the "evidence" of the "foot" stills taken from the movie he provides here...

www.michigan-dogman.com...

Where he claims to see a foot in the stills, if you watch the clip, you can see the exposure limitations of the 8mm film. As the creature shifts its stance and turns as the charge begins near the end of the clip, you can see areas on its back that seem to appear suddenly and fill out its form. Its simply an effect of the light and film exposure not being able to make a distinct contrast against the background.

Its completely ridiculous to try to visualize a human moving like that.

That poor sucker is about 3 seconds away from realizing he is the one being hunted at the end of that clip.

[edit on 30-9-2007 by Axxis]

[edit on 30-9-2007 by Axxis]

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I'm not sure about this. It looks too good to be true, but that doesn't mean it isn't true...

This still doesn't explain the almost superhuman movement of the creature in the frames that follow, and the appearance of a very dog-like rear leg. The Mindstage video team now believes these feats are nothing more than a trick of light and the camera angle, mixed with a bit of photographer's luck.

And that quote from the web site hardly explains it as an unintentional hoax.

The "creature", if that's what it is, is some weird conglomeration of body shapes. And if you watch the "charge", and pause it just before 3:135, what appear to be large ears flap out aggresively then fold back as it gains acceleration. That sequence, if it is a guy in a suit, is seriously well studied. It sent a chill up my back, the same as if a horse's or dog's ears flatten defensively or aggresively.

If the creature's real, I certainly wouldn't want to meet it in a dark alley...or a floodlit one.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I didnt mean cross breed as mating two of the animals, just a disformaty or mutation of a bear that could be linked with old species of bear and when they were closely related to dogs, and this is no gorilla, notice the BIG pointy ears and curly tail..

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Where? I can't see pointy ears or a tail?T_T

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I believe their 50 yard distance estimate is way off too, more like 50 feet. If it was 50 yards that would be the size of a grizzly bear, at 50 feet its the size of a wolverine.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZikhaN
Where? I can't see pointy ears or a tail?T_T

I can see the ears, they are in a single frame about a second after it charges, so its probably just a trick of the eye. But the tail...? O_o

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I can't even see the ears. Has anyone noticed how when the camera turns towards the creature, it's actually a whole new scene. It's one part first, then it gets cut, and a new scene starts. I think it's set up.

[edit on 1-10-2007 by ZikhaN]

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I can't even see the ears. Has anyone noticed how when the camera turns towards the creature, it's actually a whole new scene. It's one part first, then it gets cut, and a new scene starts. I think it's set up.

Thanks for also mentioning the "cut scene". I had mentioned that earlier but it didn't seem to get much attention. Good observation.

Also, I didn't see ears or a tail. I see what someone might think are ears and tail but are actually a trick of light and NOT ears or a tail.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join