It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gable Film - Michigan Dogman

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:38 AM
link   
There's a video making the rounds that originates from the 70's. It was found and explored and the results were an attack of sorts on the camera man by a beast of sorts. I'll give you the relevant links and you can make your own judgments. I have my own views of what the creature is, but in the interests of not swaying your own decisions I'll remain quiet until a few have commented.

What's it all about?

"Just recently, myself, Linda Godfrey and a number of other researchers were given access to an intriguing piece of film footage that appears to show an unknown - and distinctly strange - animal.

And now the footage has been made public - by Steve Cook, a Michigan DJ who has the film in his possession.

The first stills that show the creature clearly indicate a canine-headed animal moving through knee-high undergrowth. It has pointed ears on top of its head and shoulders, which ordinary dogs (or bears or other quadrupeds) do not have. It turns and moves to one side, charging through the brush in a way that would be very difficult for a human to do." - Nick Redfern

Dated : Sunday, September 23, 2007
The orignal blog with story.

Full story here.

Gable Film website with video (some won't be able to view video there though)

So here it is uploaded in Youtube. Michigan Dogman, The Gable Film.

It looks like genuine footage and I like the Youtube 'breakdown of it.' Is it a Dogman, Bigfoot or a normal, natural creature?

Make your own decisions.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I have look at this video and for me it look like a gorilla.
It happen that some time animals escape zoo and settle in the near by country side.
The famous Beast of Sedgemoor in UK is also I feel an other example.
Just a thought!

Kacou

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 06:00 AM
link   
By no means am I an expert, but by the way it runs tword the camera it reminds me of a gorilla. Again im no expert but I do enjoy the Discovery Channel

[edit on 28-9-2007 by tetsujin420]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Yes guys that's what I saw when I saw 'the creature' turn towards the camera man and run. 'The creature' seems to be waking on its knuckles in a rather ape-gorilla style.

Are gorilla's common in that area? Ohio. I'm not from America, but I think it would be very strange if they were lol. So we are left with that looks like a gorilla.

The camera man could have been fascinated in the gorilla and what he saw back in the 70's Ohio, hence why he ran out to capture footage of it. Or it could be another mysterious creature?

The speed at which it starts to run, then appears face up in the camera's lens is pretty damn fast mind. It's hard to tell the distance between camera man and 'creature' also so you don't know how far 'it' travelled. I'm not sure if gorillas run that much though, as I thought their preferred method of intimidation was chest beating? Although I'm sure during the right instance, they'd run right at you.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 06:18 AM
link   
No as far as I know there are no gorillas in Ohio. But Kacou said something about a zoo escape. I think that when the person ran after the creature in question it might have thought it was about to be attacked. Like I said im no expert but IMO its a gorilla.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Having taken a WMV of this into Vegas and stepped slowly through the frames I noticed a few things.

First of all I assumed it was a gorilla due to it's speed and movement but a couple of things seem to say that it's not one. It's 'legs' don't look wide enough, and the thing appears to have horns.

It also seems a bit too much of a coincidence that the camera just happened to get a shot of the inside of it's mouth. If it's fake, however, it's extremely well done.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Is there any way you could capture stills from the video? If you could that would be awsome

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by tetsujin420
Is there any way you could capture stills from the video? If you could that would be awsome

Well, you can edit it using Quicktime Pro on the Mac, as I just tried, but it's worth reading this slightly un-convincing but heavy warning from the page of an investigative website connected to the 'legend':

"And finally, a note to would-be pirates: The original 8mm Gable Film is wholly owned and copyrighted by Mindstage Productions. It is not public domain and does not fall under the 'fair use' clause. The same is true for the short documentary you are about to see. When you advance to the viewing room, your IP address and location will be logged. Any attempt to reproduce or redistribute this film in whole or in part without the express permission of the copyright holder will be dealt with aggressively. "

The authors of the site claim to be acting as reporters, the WMV is copyrighted to 'Mindstage Productions'. They claim the film is of unknown origin. They then enforce their 'ownership' of it with the above statement. You can order a DVD for $20. Draw your own conclusions.

[edit on 28-9-2007 by Skunky]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Skunky

Yeah, I got told this when I mentioned to Nick Redfern that I had done this. So, I deleted it from my machine immediately

In fact, the only reason I got it to begin with was because the movie wouldn't load for me. I took a look at the page HTML and noticed it was because of what appeared to be a typo in the two methods of embedding used. And so I pasted the correct URL into the browser which resulted in Windows Media Player opening up and downloading the WMV. This, of course happens when a movie doesn't stream as is the case with this one

Anyway, Nick is giving a Dark30 lecture with Jim Marrs this weekend at which time he will be discussing this movie. He told me that the copyright holder had given him access to frame by frame images from the movie and agreed with me that it was indeed strange. I hope to get more of a discussion out of him when he returns.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I used to live in Michigan for a good portion of my life, and I remember hearing stories about "Dogman".

The film, in my opinon, looks real, and the location is pretty close to the areas of Michigan that I grew up in.

From my understanding of the legends (which can obviously be exaggerated) Dogman was supposed to stand upright, and be like 7 feet tall, or something. This creature doesn't look anything like what the legends talk about, but then again, like I said before, things could have been exaggerated.

I think it's genuine.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Hmm..very interesting video.

I have to say it looks like a gorilla to me as well. Everything about it just screamed gorilla at me when I watched it.

Who knows though…it definitely looks to be a genuine video.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I'd have to say it's a gorilla. I wish it had red eyes or something to at least hint it was something else. I think it has gorilla written all over it.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I've been meaning to make a thread on this film for the past week but I've been incredibly busy lately.

First off... it isn't a gorilla. When it runs towards the camera it moves like a gorilla, however looking at it you can clearly see perked up ears and a tail that curls over the back.

Secondly... the mouth shots are fake IMO. When you slow it down frame by frame, they look (to me anyway) like a painting. They also don't move from side to side and fade from right to left.

The film is very interesting to watch. The Dogman looks like a primate when it runs towards the camera. It's shoulders are very widely spaced and its forelegs remind me of the knuckle run primates do. However, it could also realistically be a large, black coated Shiba Inu.
If you can get hold of the WMV version and watch it frame by frame, try stopping it as the counter reads 00:03:13:933. To me it looks like the creature could very well be a furry, dark haired specimen of this breed.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades

The film is very interesting to watch. The Dogman looks like a primate when it runs towards the camera. It's shoulders are very widely spaced and its forelegs remind me of the knuckle run primates do. However, it could also realistically be a large, black coated Shiba Inu.
If you can get hold of the WMV version and watch it frame by frame, try stopping it as the counter reads 00:03:13:933. To me it looks like the creature could very well be a furry, dark haired specimen of this breed.

Does anyone know if those Shiba Inu are aggressive by nature? But then I guess if it was wild and had been living out there for quite some time, it could have rabies, it could be naturally wild etc hence the aggression towards others.

Hard to tell really, but from what I saw it looks larger than a dog.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Yea my bad it is not a gorilla. It looks like a very big dog. The kind mentioned above. It seems more husky though. I can't help feeling the video is fake though. It just has one of those fake documentary feels. That later is exposed.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
This is such an old legend that I have to take it with a grain of salt...I love how we are reminded about the Michigan Dogman around Halloween every year! The song is a bit creepy too!

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Arawn

It wouldn't have to be aggressive. I don't know if you have ever owned a dog, but when you let them loose in the wild they just run away like crazy things. They poke, they dig, they sniff, they mark and when you call them they do exactly what the 'Dogman' does... stops, looks at you, and then bolts at you as though it wants nothing more than to tear you apart until it reaches you, knocks you down and covers your face in a thin layer of slime.

As the film has no sound its impossible to know whether or not the camera operator had in fact done nothing but called their dog over and ran playfully away from it.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Definitely a gorrilla. But in ohio?

Since when?

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
It's not a gorilla. This can be easily ruled out. See JackofBlades post at what time to view the frame. There are also other frames that shows it is not. I'd say it's a dog. To me the whole video seems fake.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
First it looks like a gorilla, but then it kinda looks like a bull. It had pointy teeth. Do gorilla's have pointy teeth or are they flat?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join