It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's biggest polluters team up with Bush

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 03:59 AM
link   

World's biggest polluters team up with Bush

www.iht.com

WASHINGTON: The United States is lining up with China, India and the world's other biggest polluters in opposition to mandatory cuts in Earth-warming greenhouse gases sought by the United Nations and European countries.

President George W. Bush's two-day climate meeting, opening Thursday, will emphasize creating more processes to find a solution to global warming, rather than setting firm goals for reducing carbon dioxide and other gases blamed for heating up the atmosphere.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Quite an impressive line up with China, India, and the US teaming up to oppose any cuts in greenhouse gasses. At some point we have to pull our heads out of the sand and do something. i do agree with one aspect of Bush's opposition: All countries should cut not just a few. its maningless if China and India get an exemption.

www.iht.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:28 AM
link   
um...I'd hate to point out the obvious but.

Cant we do both?

Tell the world to reduce emissions AND look for new energy sources AND find ways to reduce global warming?

Its not like you have to choose one.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   
From the beggining i thought it would only be a pr stunt to divert attention and try to fool the public into believeing he was actually interested in improveing the situation. And when his administration goes on about cutting the emisions harming the econemy it just goes to show that he has no clue about what he talking about, to improve the global warming situation we are going to have to bring out new technologies and manufacturer them and both of these will be very lucrative for the companies that get the stranglehold on the market's, hence by dragging their feet his administration is actually potentially harming the econemy not improving it.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   
ah, see Georgie porgy is backed by oil companies, this would be a very bad business move for them, they gain nothing, they lose lots, their green competitors gain.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Does anyone have a speech from him or Rice or anyone for that matter that gives the explanation of why they are diverting efforts away from the Kyoto protocol which was crafted by the global community?

Now, I know what Bush's excuse is for not adopting the Kyoto protocol. Wait - let me rephrase that. I know what excuse he used when he rejected it. It was that there was no scientific data that proves humans are affecting the climate. So he obviously has to have a NEW excuse for not trying to work within the protocol and instead run over to the "Dirty 3" meeting. I'd like to know what that is. Because if he's having this meeting he's backing out of his original excuse (i.e. one of his "woops - there weren't any WMD!" moves) and I'd like to see what kind of mental machinations he trying to pull to reason this latest move out.

I bet it's a doozy...would like to read it just for the grins and giggles factor.

top topics

join