It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese Scientists Create See-Through Frogs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Japanese Scientists Create See-Through Frogs

news.yahoo.com

Japanese researchers have succeeded in producing see-through frogs, letting them observe organs, blood vessels and eggs under the skin without performing dissections.

...Sumida's team crossed two frogs with recessive genes through artificial insemination and the offspring looked normal due to the presence of more powerful genes.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
okfuture.net

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   
This is crazy. They're going to have frogs that light up next. I bet within 10-20 years, we're going to be doing this to humans.

The Japanese have the edge on that kind of stuff in my opinion...too much regulation in the US

We'll create a posse of X-men to defend society. Nice

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9/27/07 by Don Wahn]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   

I bet within 10-20 years, we're going to be doing this to humans.

From your own article:

"Sumida said it would be unrealistic to apply the same method to mammals such as mice as their skin structure is different."

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Now, if they come out with a bunny with a pancake permanently attached to its head, I will instantly put my massive financial resources behind that biological research firm.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I think they should bioengineer a chicken which is born cooked and tastes like chicken, peas, mashed potato, gravy, corn and a few other things, making dinner a simple case of killing, plucking and heating.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Nice find Don. I would just say that we are not God, and we should stop unleashing cross speices chimeras into the World. Big things happen when you try to play God.
DWT

[edit on 28-9-2007 by dntwastetime]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Nice find Don. I would just say that we are not God and we should stop unleashing cross spices chimeras into the World. Big things happen when you try to play God

Pff, god didnt do a very good job on us, why cant we try our hands at it?

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I don't really see anything conspiracy-worthy in this article, no offense intended to the original poster.

Originally posted by Don Wahn
This is crazy. They're going to have frogs that light up next. I bet within 10-20 years, we're going to be doing this to humans.

Is'nt this the same claim whenever any new biological developments are made public: 'In X-Y years we'll be doing this to humans'?
Octavius already pointed out the other thing.

Originally posted by dntwastetime
Nice find Don. I would just say that we are not God and we should stop unleashing cross spices chimeras into the World. Big things happen when you try to play God.
DWT

But we've played God for so long! I don't wanna stop now!

We've created vaccine's to protect ourselves from some of Nature's worst agents (Yes, 18th Century religious leaders claimed that a smallpox vaccine was 'playing God').
We've reclaimed land from the ocean.
We've eradicated species/habitats etc etc
Also I thought the Bible, or indeed any monotheistic holy book, claimed that the world is effectively our oyster?

Anyway I thought the 'playing God' argument only applied to new developments in human biology

And I don't see anything inherently wrong with this:They're just using it to study frog biological structure.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 02:05 AM
link   
This thread is full of conspiracy, and relevant.

AP you must not know how GMO corn is banned in several countrys in Europe. BT Corn creates a pesticide that when the young bees go eat the pollen from the "All you can eat buffet" that is corn pollen. They eat the corn, and then they just fly off, and die. When the bees die, nothing can be pollinated.

The problem with genetic modification is that if its for profit, the proper reserch time is cut to make more money, so they just unleash genetic creations into the wild. How does this not alarm?

As far as the vaccines, they are full of live virus, and mercury, as well as get more people sick. The autism created is madness.On AJ show the other day, he said the Amish have no autism 0. This is because they dont use vaccines.

DWT

[edit on 28-9-2007 by dntwastetime]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by dntwastetime

That's all fine and good if you're against vaccines, just don't use them. I, on the other hand, like not having smallpox.

I think this is a really interesting discovery. I also believe that it will only be a matter of time until something is developed towards human usage. I see tons of military applications here.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 03:44 AM
link   

This thread is full of conspiracy, and relevant.

HOW?!?!?!?
Scientists create 12-Headed Jellyfish
ZOMG!CONSPIRACY!!!!11!1!

AP you must not know how GMO corn is banned in several countrys in Europe. BT Corn creates a pesticide that when the young bees go eat the pollen from the "All you can eat buffet" that is corn pollen. They eat the corn, and then they just fly off, and die. When the bees die, nothing can be pollinated.

That's a generalization.
You're saying that, because some genetic modifications are harmful to the wildlife, all genetic modifications are harmful to the wildlife.
Yes, I agree that we are not at the current stage of scientific development where we should be releasing genetically modified organisms into any non-controlled environment, but come on. I highly doubt the Japanese scientists are going to release these frogs into the environment once they are finished.

The problem with genetic modification is that if its for profit, the proper reserch time is cut to make more money, so they just unleash genetic creations into the wild. How does this not alarm?

Of course! All in the name of profit :p
Anyway I don't quite think see-through frogs are going to end in environmental collapse for Japan.
But hey, feel free to prove me wrong.

As far as the vaccines, they are full of live virus, and mercury, as well as get more people sick. The autism created is madness.On AJ show the other day, he said the Amish have no autism 0. This is because they dont use vaccines.

Question dodging, yet again.
Mercury aside, I doubt that the content of 'live virus' is significantly harmful. Wouldn't a massive outbreak of, say birdflu, after a birdflu vaccine was released scream 'Something's not right here'?
Now, let's say a highly infectious and deadly virus becomes widespread.
A vaccine is developed that prevents 95% of the population from coming down with the virus, at the cost of 3% of children developing autism.
I'm assuming you'd be decrying the vaccine, no?
And I was talking about the early application of cowpox to prevent the more deadlier variant of smallpox from significantly affecting the population in Europe and America in the 18th Century.

Yes, current vaccination technology does need improvement, but before this ends with topic derailment, I'lll just say that the rewards outweigh the risks in most cases.

Also, I'll re-iterate:
Outside genetic modification, where is the conspiracy?

Please directly answer me that.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Chaoticar

Thanks for the appraisal Chaoticar, but as the definition says, anything that relates to abovetopsecret.com is considered "Alternative News". Since the science & technology section is within ATS, this article is valid. Not all items on ATS have to be considered conspiracy. Please take the time to understand what you are talking about before rattling off some blind accusations at the posters. (No offense taken.)

Playing God is never good, and in my opinion it is only a matter of time before scientists try to do these types of things on humans. What is stopping them? Red tape? GM items while they seem beneficial are almost always bad. This is simply because there has not been enough testing and research into these things before they are thrown into the marketplace.

Surely the Japanese weren't thinking of releasing thes efrogs into the wild after their use was up, but how often does something like this happen where..."OOPS, one escaped somehow"...and then everyone starts scrambling to find out a fix.

Originally posted by Chaoticar
Anyway I thought the 'playing God' argument only applied to new developments in human biology

And I don't see anything inherently wrong with this:They're just using it to study frog biological structure.

True, playing God is theoretically related to human biology, but I believe it applies to anything that God didnt create in the beginning. I dont think that creating these frogs is bad per se, but you start small then move big. So with that, this will most certainly be done to humans in time.

God won't be happy about that.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
ummm even though i dont really have anything important to add to this thread i will say....i want one of those see through frogs....it would make an awesome pet.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
If you read the article, these frogs could not live and divide in the wild. First of all, like it said, the chances are virtually impossible. This is because animals look for mates with strong genetic traits, so they wouldn't seek out partners with recessive genes, especially ones that had multiple recessive genes.

Secondly, their grandchildren die shortly after birth. Since the frogs must be made from crossing frogs that have recessive genes, and then those frogs are crossed with eachother, you can not have an endless chain of recessive-gened animals.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 05:15 AM
link   

God bless the mutant freaks

top topics

join