It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

snacks that should be brought back...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   
id like to add Big League Chew to the mix....

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Safe foods for eating...after drinking

snacks? now?

*vegetable dip* - veggies (all kinds of goodies) My favorite dip is creamy cucuimber!

*tacos*

*sushi*

*chips/dip*

*hydrated meats*

*cut up fruit* Watermellon

*omelettes* *eggs*

*Toastn' Tea

*Chili* You might want to barf later...(hold off on the onions)

*Absolutely NO SWEETS*

*Fish - Of all kinds!

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
i have been thinking about making a thread like this for a couple of weeks now...

well, here i go:

have you ever wanted certain snacks (that have mysteriously disappeared) to be brought back into sales???

i have...

here's what i want back:

- crispy m & m's...

- doritos 3d...

where the hell did these snacks go???

what are some snacks that you want back???

I may be dating myself here but does anyone remember Space Sticks? They were very popular in the 70's as they were what the astronauts ate on missions... Also, there was a chocolate desert called Spoon Candy that was simply heavenly. It had a hard chocolate layer ontop and a creamy chocolate mouse type pudding underneath.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
When I was a kid..I bought these every day...

No Way!? BONKERS?

I used to have this in my pocket every day in high school. This stuff was awesome.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Don Wahn

Absolutely...Every day...Damn addicting things...I miss them

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Chef Boyardee's Roller Coasters...

...anybody remember those?

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by vckums
reply to post by KINGOFPAIN

I can still find the vanilla charleston chews here. If you get a craving for them, I'm just a PM away. Will help out a fellow craver of those!

I cant remember an exact candy, but I bought up Frankenberry and Booberry cereals when Target carried them.

I love Charleston chews, and can find them here. The strawberry flavor too.
BooBerries come back!

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Hahaha, so the secret Doritos flavor was cheeseburger? We bought a bag of those and decided it tasted like the special sauce from Carls Jr. Those things were addictive.

I love Lik-Em-Aid sticks, too. Still eat 'em on occasion.

Here's a snack that wasn't REALLY a snack, more of a popular drink when I was in grade school, and I can't think of their name.

Does anyone remember the drinks that came in big glass bottles and had little edible beads floating in them? I remember everyone raving about them in grade school (probably 3rd or 4th grade for me). In all actuality they tasted awful but they were so cool people drank them anyway?

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I think I am the only one on the planet who still misses Koogle. It was a spread (in a jar) and there was chocolate and banana and boy was it wonderful!!

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zyanith

Does anyone remember the drinks that came in big glass bottles and had little edible beads floating in them? I remember everyone raving about them in grade school (probably 3rd or 4th grade for me). In all actuality they tasted awful but they were so cool people drank them anyway?

I remember those! Weren't they called "Orbitz" or something like that?

[edit to add]
I was right, they were called Orbitz. Here is a link to their page on Wikipedia orbitz

[edit on 8-10-2007 by snowflake_obsidian]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
lol.. i remember most of all of your cravings..lol..

i just wish we could get penny candy for a penny!!!! and i remember getting a soda and a candy bar plus a few penny candies for a buck.. oops just showed my age huh?

oh and the real pop rocks not the generic stuff they have now...

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
burple. not really a snack per-se but it was a kool-aid type drink that came in a collapsable accordion-like container. you stretch it out to fill it with water and as you drink it you can shrink it. (they should have used that. they might still be around.) anyway when it was all done you had a great toy that would annoy parents for hours - rapid crunching and expanding of the accordion ripples made a neat sound - almost burp-like.

www.doyouremember.co.uk...

and yes i remember orbitz but the little balls weirded me out. i always filter the fluid with my teeth and left those in the bottle. =)

[edit on 29-11-2007 by an0maly33]

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Yummy..
'Texan' chew bars

'Marathons'.. changing it to the Yankie 'snickers'.. doh!!

And CURLY WURLYS .. wow did they shrink or what??

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Does anyone rember Frito Lay's super thick and crispy potato chip brand O'Grady's? They were available in the early 80's and the Au Gratin flavor might have been the best tasting chip ever. I'm not a junk food freak but potato chips are my downfall I could easily polish off a bag of these......
in retrospect it might be good they aren't around anymore.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
We were talking about this around halloween.

Set the wayback maching for AD 1977 . . . .

remember those wax things filled with Kool-aid? Little wax coffin or a wax mustache filled with hummingbird sap?

Whatever happened to popcorn balls? Or real caramel apples. Not fake ones made with a circular patch of caramel-flavored "product", but where some old lady unwrapped a kajillion little caramel candies and melted them in a double boiler, then impaled apples on popsicle sticks and dipped em into the boiling goo. Then she handed them out to tricker-treaters, and you chewed really carefully just in case she was a witch and had put a razor blade in it or sometihng. Those were the days.

Candy cigarettes, anyone? The winstons had cornstarch in the bottom of the box, so when you blew them it made a little cloud of "smoke."

Or the sour tarts shaped like bottle caps. Back when bottle caps had to be removed with a special tool--you know, BEFORE the screw top.

Or BIG pixie stix? The ones my kids brought home were the size of toothpicks. And they were mostly flavored cornstarch. I'm talking about the old days, when an unopened pixie stix could be mistaken for a Roman Candle.

Howabout when cereal had up-front names like "Super SUGAR crisps."

The wife still calls me "Super sugar bear." but that's probably more than you really wanted to know.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

Set the wayback maching for AD 1977 . . . .
[quote/]

it was not that long age.. maybe like um 1 BC..lol

Whatever happened to popcorn balls? Or real caramel apples. Then she handed them out to tricker-treaters, and you chewed really carefully just in case she was a witch and had put a razor blade in it or sometihng. Those were the days. [quote/]

I made those for a party and the kids looked at me LIKE an evil witch..lol

Candy cigarettes, anyone? The winstons had cornstarch in the bottom of the box, so when you blew them it made a little cloud of "smoke."[quote/]

still have them here, I remember lighting the end of them and burning my tongue, but they tasted like roasted marshmellows..

The wife still calls me "Super sugar bear." but that's probably more than you really wanted to know.

yea thats a little bit too much..lol...

[edit on 11/20/07 by CHIYANNE]

[edit on 11/20/07 I think that I messed this one up.. sorry by CHIYANNE]

[edit on 11/20/07 by CHIYANNE]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join