It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the sinking of the MS Estonia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
After seeing this today on the History Channel, I logged back onto ATS and did a search on Estonia; the search turned up nothing, which really surprized me.

Apperantly, in 1996, the Swediash ferry MS Estonia sank in international waters, rather quickly, and with no survivors. Official investagators claimed that the top hatch which allowed access to automobiles was left open, thus allowing water to rush and pour in.

Official newsletters also claimed that, after extensive surveys with SCUBA operators, there were no bodies to be seen, and that there was no damage done to the ship.

People excepted the given report, until the Swedish government very quickly set out to claim the sight as a burial and sent cargo ships out with concete to literally cover up the Estonia on the ocean floor (at a depth of 270 feet).

The History Channel reporters claimed "you would concrete cover a nuclear sub, Chernobal, but a ferry?"

Subsiquently, oublic outcry and puzzlement stopped the Swedes from finishing.

The show letter went on to talk about the conspiracies surrounding the sinking... the three most popular ideas being:

1. The ship struck a water mine.

2. The ship and an attack sub collided.

3. The Russian mafia were transporting stolen nuclear documents, and set-off a bomb to cover their tracks.

In 2000 (I believe), an American businessman along with a German reporter set out to investigate the sight. Upon reaching the sight, they were surrounded by warships and revolving military aircraft. The civilian ship was boarded and ordered to leave the area, but the captian refused, claiming international water.

The military allowed them to dive.

What they found was... striking.

The Estonia had a large gapping hole in its side, blown outwards. Metalorgy tests showed it was caused by an explosion.

Also, oddly enough, the hole would have been ABOVE the ship's water line.

AND, strewn across the ocean floor, plainly visible, were the remains of human bodies.

The Swedish and Finnish governments are still stiking to their story, and are trying to pass bills to stop diving on or near the Estonia.

Anyone see something odd about this?

The only links I have found so far are these two. I don't know how old or reliable they are:

muhu.www.ee...

www.multi.fi...

Here it is, an actual and proven conspiracy!

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
917 people went down with the MS Estonia, 137 survived

A survivor's story from MS Estonia

I have never heard of these theories before - certainly worth looking at. Thanks for the links.

LAX

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
freaky stuff man, sounds like one heck of a cover up to me. I'll look on the net and see if i find anything about this. Post it if i do.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I�ve heard lots of stories about the sinking of Estonia. Just a few corrections: The ship was Estonian, not Swedish. About 800-900 people died but there were lots of survivors. The Swedish government decided to cover the wreck with concrete to keep divers from trespassing since the wreck is officially a graveyard. The German filmmaker (Jutta Rabe) claimed that she had photage of traces of an explosion but experts on explosives claimed that she made that up to make her film more exciting.. But I still think there are a lot of strange things about the whole thing. I will get back to you on it, I�ve got a book on the subject.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Interest stories on this vessel, again shrouded by some secrecy...

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Read most of the official incident report...

The reports of the hole, etc. seem to be a little sketchy... There's definitely something more than just a "graveyard" status though, to warrant the use of cement...

I'm kind of leaning towards the smuggling nukes idea....especially given the military presence...

top topics

join