It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ground-breaking study links food additives to hyperactivity in children

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I have always believed that chemicals in the food causes hyperactivity and the so-called "ADHD", which is really nothing but kids on chemicals.

In a landmark study published in The Lancet, commonly used artificial food colorings and the preservative sodium benzoate have been strongly linked to hyperactivity in children, triggering renewed vigor in the decades-long campaign by activists to ban artificial food additives from food marketed to children.

"We now have clear evidence that mixtures of certain food colours and benzoate preservative can adversely influence the behaviour of children." said Dr. Jim Stevenson, lead author of the study.

Source: Ground-breaking study links food additives to hyperactivity in children

I was able to cure my own depression and get off of medication simply by changing my diet to all organic foods and no processed foods. Now, whenever I eat any type of processed food, I feel my depression and anxiety (along with RLS) returning. If I immediately return to my organic diet, the symptoms go away.

It's pretty simple stuff... our bodies do not thrive on synthetic chemicals.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 05:13 AM
link   
This is beyond a problem, now. nearly every food that is made by a big company contains fomulas and chemicals that make children hyperactive. Hyperactivity, ADHD and other bad medical problems arise from chemicals in food.

Every parent who gives there kids coke and other such drinks and sweets, YOU are killing you children, its as easy as that.

Next time your kid is eating some meat, dont give them a can of coke, just poison the meat, so much faster.

ProTo Fire Fox.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProTo Fire Fox
Next time your kid is eating some meat, dont give them a can of coke, just poison the meat, so much faster.

That is quite a statement, a bit harse i think...

I believe the human body can handle a coke now and then, aswell as mass produced food.
It is the overuse of theese products that destroys the human body, not a small amount, now and then.

Ofcourse it would be the healthiest way to only eat organic food and meat from natures wildlife, and have water and milk as your main drinksource. And i encourage everyone to strive for this goal!

If you can't change your life around instantly, then start with baby steps, teach your children that coke, candy, mass produced food etc. are not things your should have everyday.
Start to affect your social life by talking about this in kindergardens, schools etc.

Buy eco foods, or start to make your own little eco garden, with salat patatoes, cucumbers, tomatoes etc. all kind of vegtables.

The world today does not go well in hand with the "eco" way of life, most people like to work, get home and watch some tv, order some food and relax.
But only you can change your life in the direction you like. And by doing so, affect the people around you to do the same.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 06:58 AM
link   
When I saw the title of this thread I thought someone was being sarcastic. I can't believe that the penny has only now dropped! Nobody should eat anything with any preservatives or colouring in it and milk is absolutely useless to adult human beings as well, contrary to popular belief. Drink water or small quantities of wine or freshly squeezed juice. Eat organic - no tinned food, dried food or processed anything. You'll be amazed at the difference in your life. Your mood changes, your health improves. I could go on and on but will just leave it at that.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LovingSoul
When I saw the title of this thread I thought someone was being sarcastic. I can't believe that the penny has only now dropped! Nobody should eat anything with any preservatives or colouring in it and milk is absolutely useless to adult human beings as well, contrary to popular belief. Drink water or small quantities of wine or freshly squeezed juice. Eat organic - no tinned food, dried food or processed anything. You'll be amazed at the difference in your life. Your mood changes, your health improves. I could go on and on but will just leave it at that.

Now this person knows the crack. I did a bit of work on this a while ago, follow my sig link to see you'all.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
The large amount of sugar in a lot of these processed foods, and also high fructose corn syrup doesn't help either.I think its a sad state of affairs that we mass produce garbage for people to eat, yet anything remotely healthy is so much more expensive.

join