It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five suns phenomenon in Kazakhstan.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Five suns phenomenon in Kazakhstan.

video.mail.ru

This unique phenomenon occured in February, 2007 in Kazakhstan in settlement Shubarkuduk. What it is Five Sun?
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
It looks like it could be connected with ice crystals in the atmosphere, but I have never seen anything quite like this. I did a machine translation of the Russian which I placed in the story snippet section. It`s certainly beautiful.

video.mail.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Wow! how strange. I've never come across this phenomenon before. Has it got a scientific name/explaination? some kind of refraction involved I guess. odd

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Looking up wikipedia it looks to be a combination of a halo and sundogs.

Halo - Wikipedia

There are many types of optical halos, but they are mostly caused by ice crystals in cold cirrus clouds located high (5–10 km, or 3–6 miles) in the upper troposphere.

Sundogs - wikipedia

They are often bright white patches of light looking much like the sun or a comet and are occasionally confused with those phenomena.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
That's pretty cool. I've seen some really good halos around the moon or the sun, but nothing close to this.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
This is very scary to me as i read Dark Kights predictions and he said the disbelievers to just wait for signs he talked about seeing lights in the sky and then said the sign that stuff was close was a Ring of lights in the sky. Dude this is EXACTLY what he said was happening. This is very very very very bizarre. Scary even. Wow. No way did i think i would see this come to reality. Im kind of in shock.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
That is crazy! and debunkers?
Never seen anything like it. I see a halo, And More than one SUN.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I just tried to navigated to D4rk Kn1ghts confession thread and got a "Error: Page does not exist" thingy? Is it deleted can anyone confirm?

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
thoat would be co0l if they were real sun'd... we would probably be toast.. but still ko0l to lo0k at. nice find.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Number 5 eh. Even if they are just Sun dogs and not uncommon,... its still a sign. Best thing I seen here for a while

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
This is a very beautiful natural occurrence. I don't think I have ever seen anything like is in the video. The pics in the wiki links are great also.
This kind of makes me wonder what the ancient people thought when they saw a halo with seven suns.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
That's it. I'm selling my wife and other possessions and moving into the bush. The end is nigh.

That phenomenon is too cool for words.
F

[edit on 27/9/07 by Fuggle]

[edit on 27/9/07 by Fuggle]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
wow, that's incredible

where the HECK does that come from?

never heard of this before

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
That is a truly stunning video.
I already got excited by that whole Moon video
with the supposed UFO which turned out, correct me if I'm wrong, to be a balloon of some sort, so here' hoping this is the real deal.
I have never heard of this phenomena before, I do know that if I was a witness to it I would probably be gobsmacked and might even think they were signs of extra terrestrial activity.

I find it puzzling how something like this has attracted so little attention
so far and a quick scroll up the 'recent posts' page you see
'proof of Hilary Clinton shapeshifting' or something! I mean what gives ?

Are people really more interested in discussing these increasingly more ridiculous and completely unproven theories over natural phenomena such as this?

The mind boggles.

pm.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Hmm... Well that certainly is interesting isn't it? Whatever this may end up
being, real or not, you've got to admit that it is very elegant yet mystifying.
Well I certainly hope this ends up being real, but if its not I have to commend
the artist that made that piece of art. Unsettling yet comforting.
Thanks bridas for bringing this to our attention.

Oh by the way, anyone know how I can save this video? I unfortunately cannot
read Russian or Kazakh. If anyone else does have that ability, would you help
a brother out? Thanks in advance.

[edit on 9/27/2007 by Pjpuas]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
hah I love ATS... even natural phenomenon must be proven before anyone believes it's not CG...

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fuggle
I'm selling my wife and other possessions

Like scientist said above, I think it's bad that we've gotten to a point where everything must be proven. I mean, skepticism is great, so is wanting the truth, but I kinda hate that we've gotten to a point in video editing that people can make anything look real.

It creates division on subjects is what it does.

But anyway, I think it's real. It looks genuine. Amazing too. I doubt this is some extraterrestrial event though. I think it's a little more natural than that.

But, what do I know?

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyyuulle

Most halo phenomena are caused by falling hexaganoal ice crystals (high altitude snow flakes) that fall in a flat orientation. The halo's, like rainbows, form when the light passing through these water crystals is bent (droplets in the case of rainbows). One round halo occurs at 22 degrees from the sun and another occurs at 46 degrees because of the geometry of the ice crystals. There is also a halo called the parihelic arc, caused by the same phenomenon which we see the edge of, and appears like a horizontal line passing through the sun. Where the parihelic arc crosses the 22 and 46 degree halo's, sun dogs appear. It is rare for the 46's to show up, like it is rare to see a double rainbow.

hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu...

I wouldn't put my wife to market over this,

Sri Oracle

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Wow amazing, if this isn't related to the Halo 3 madness, then its amazing, would love to hear more about this, wow! Probably something natural that occurs very rarely?

[edit on 27-9-2007 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sri Oracle

Originally posted by kyyuulle

Most halo phenomena are caused by falling hexaganoal ice crystals (high altitude snow flakes) that fall in a flat orientation. The halo's, like rainbows, form when the light passing through these water crystals is bent (droplets in the case of rainbows).
hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu...

I wouldn't put my wife to market over this,

Sri Oracle

I thought it might be something similar to rainbows. But it doesn't look the same as in your link, this halo looks totally different, what do you think?

[edit on 27-9-2007 by _Phoenix_]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join