It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hate Bill Passes, Senate Stabs America!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by The Walking Fox

if you're talking about the terrorist at camp gitmo then you are correct, they should not be let out. previous released terrorist have been caught back in iraq fighting against US troops. they should stay locked up until the "war" is over, just like our guys did in ww2, viet nam and the korean war.
thanks for asking. i love sharing my knowledge and opinion.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Walking Fox

Luckily, your opinion has no bearings an these things called "facts". Perpetrators of hate crimes - those defined in this bill - are proven threats to entire communities. They are, in fact, a type of terrorist. I've read your posts, and I'm prtty sure that you're of the "opinion" that the terrorists we currently have locked up shouldn't be looking at probation after five years, correct?

The problem with the "terrorists" at Gitmo is that they have been charged with no crime. Most have been there at least 5 years already, not even knowing what they did that was against the law. They've had no charges, no trial to prove their guilt or innocence. This is so much against our Constitution and against the way that America has always done things. Innocent until proven guilty, right?

Of course, those who are full of hate, loudly proclaim that hate crimes are no different than any other crime or murder. But think about this: if the person hadn't been full of hate, they might not have killed the person who they discriminated against. The serial killer wouldn't have cared less, and would have killed someone, anyone, that they could find. To the family who has lost a child, parent, etc. they will always know that their loved one was killed solely because they were Jewish, Black, homosexual or whatever. That's different than losing someone to a killer who chooses their victims randomly.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by forestlady

so how are the terrorist at gitmo different? they kill americans because they assume we are all christians, they kill jews because they are jewish. if they are at gitmo they are there for being terrorists or have ties to terrorists. it is a shameful thing when americans become apollogist for the enemy..

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
They haven't been proven guilty of one single thing. There's been no trials, not even any charges. So how do we know that they're guilty? We don't.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The main complaint I have about the whole thing is why was there something about hate crimes against gays in a bill on providing support for the war? I just love how the politicians manage to put things together in one big package even tho they aren't remotely related, like Katrina aid in the last military spending bill.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by forestlady

As-is, I do agree. Those people should be given the legal status of prisoner of war. If their "crime" is fighting against the US military, then that's just what they are. And if we have any guys in there who lit up those four Blackwater guys in Fallujah, I say we give them a complimentary George foreman grill and send 'em home.

Icybreeze,

So you're in favor of hate crime perpetrators being locked up indefinitely? Well, I wouldn't go that far myself, but thanks for sharing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join