It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK, so I just found out I'm an Indigo child and maybe a Light Warrior! Plus another theory on 2012

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 01:44 AM
link   
You do know the actual real world definition of indigo child? and that it has a DSM number?

I don't know if congratz are in order, but welcome to the club and welcome to a lonely life full of feeling like crap, depression episodes and so on and so forth.

indigo people are hypersensitive, I can't go into crowds, I can't have a (enjoyable) birthday party, hell I think my head will explode when 2 people talk at the same time, I can't watch the news without feeling the sorrow the people who actually are experiencing what's on the news feel, I have to watch everywhere for what music is playing because it will easily kill a day for me. Relationships while it can be great experiencing it so heftily as say movies portray it it's also real hard and devastating when # hits the fan.

yay to indigo peeps, I wish I wasnt one.

whats a light warrior? and would you care to come sparring with me, I need a new sparring partner.

On the other hand you will get to eperience and see how stupid and dumb the human animal really is and you will get really really frustrated living amongst them.
Other perks are, unless you did go into a lot of social occasions in your young years like disco's (but then you wouldn't be an indigo if you did, you would go nuts in a disco), are things like exceptional reflexes for an untrained person, exceptional hearing (which can be a pain but neat too.), exceptional eyesight (but a pain too sometimes when you can't always see fluid motion at 24fps in the cinema but see the frames instead) and so on and so forth.

[edit on 30/9/2007 by David2012]

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by David2012

I hear you friend. It's hard to experience what we do, but I believe we are here for a greater purpose and I take that with me each day. By the way what do you mean by a DSM number?

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I don't know if this means much, but stellawayten's first post in this thread, i know exactly how you feel. I get all of that.
I could be an indigo child, but i'm unsure.
I'm 14 too.
What do i do?

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jownathown
I don't know if this means much, but stellawayten's first post in this thread, i know exactly how you feel. I get all of that.
I could be an indigo child, but i'm unsure.
I'm 14 too.
What do i do?

Well I found that just talking to people helps, especially some people on this site, do some research and never give up on your beliefs!

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by David2012
You do know the actual real world definition of indigo child? and that it has a DSM number?

I don't know if congratz are in order, but welcome to the club and welcome to a lonely life full of feeling like crap, depression episodes and so on and so forth.

indigo people are hypersensitive, I can't go into crowds, I can't have a (enjoyable) birthday party, hell I think my head will explode when 2 people talk at the same time, I can't watch the news without feeling the sorrow the people who actually are experiencing what's on the news feel, I have to watch everywhere for what music is playing because it will easily kill a day for me. Relationships while it can be great experiencing it so heftily as say movies portray it it's also real hard and devastating when # hits the fan.

yay to indigo peeps, I wish I wasnt one.

whats a light warrior? and would you care to come sparring with me, I need a new sparring partner.

On the other hand you will get to eperience and see how stupid and dumb the human animal really is and you will get really really frustrated living amongst them.
Other perks are, unless you did go into a lot of social occasions in your young years like disco's (but then you wouldn't be an indigo if you did, you would go nuts in a disco), are things like exceptional reflexes for an untrained person, exceptional hearing (which can be a pain but neat too.), exceptional eyesight (but a pain too sometimes when you can't always see fluid motion at 24fps in the cinema but see the frames instead) and so on and so forth.

[edit on 30/9/2007 by David2012]

You guys aren't really helping yourself you know that right?

What are talking about David2012? Seriously, I strongly feel as though you guys are merely making an "Indigo" version of that "Emo Point Chart" thing that floated around when I was in middle school.

Let me paraphrase what you just said, and I even quote it just in case you changed your post:

"You're an Indigo if have a crappy life, feel depress a lot, is really antisocial, and like to shun down on other people."

And look TheOmen, you no better for agreeing with him, I'm sorry but aren't Indigo suppose to sociable? I mean if the Indigo are really suppose to teach us, shouldn't they find a connection with all the human population. If Indigo know its their role to help people, why do they have a crappy life and feel depress, aren't they suppose to be proud group of people, who a are happy to be able to help and teach? Indigo aren't suppose to shun at humanity for its flaw, but are to show us our strength and potential, and to help us fix our flaws!! (Well, based on what I've read anyways...)

Get where I'm going at guys? And yes I do believe there are indigo, and I do believe anyone can become one, just read my last post from the previous page. Anyone can become an indigo, but as I've stated, just because someone claim they're an indigo, doesn't mean they are one.

So yes, keep your title, do as you guys please, but remember, a title is merely a title, with only the merits of self-worth, and maybe thats enough to satisfy someone's life, but one day you will realize there's more to life than just a title, and when that day come, you guys will regret it...don't let that title envelope your life, don't let pride envelope your life.

[edit] I bold all the text and proved my point!!

[edit on 30-9-2007 by skyblueff0]

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Here is my take on the Indigo child phenomenon. I theorize that children who may think they are an Indigo child are ones that use more of their pineal gland then other children.

It has been proven that as a child your pineal gland is a lot more active then as an adult. In fact most adults pineal glands are completely calcified. For those who don't know what I am talking about. The pineal gland is a gland inside your brain that has a lot to do with paranormal activities and the third eye.

It is the key in regards to spiritual experiences, paranormal activity, and meditation. Triggering its decalcification is the catalyst to a change in your perception of the world.

There is a way to re-open, if you will, your gland. It is done by a variety of methods including meditation, mantra chants, etc.

My point to all of this is that anyone can be "Indigo" if they wish. But in order to do so they need to decalcify their pineal gland first.

I hope some people here know what I am talking about.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by CPYKOmega

I found what you said very interesting, lol I guess we learn something new everyday, I never knew the pineal gland can calcify, very interesting theory (fact?) I don't know, but very interesting nonetheless.

So I've actually have a couple of quick question if you don't mind asking, and no googling!!
But, you probably will anyways...

1) What is the function of the pineal gland? Primary? Secondary? Tertiary?
2) So why does it calcify anyway? Any particular reason?

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by skyblueff0

From what I have read not much is known about the pineal glands main function. But for one it does calcify with age. I think that it has a lot to do with the third eye chakra as its location is in close proximity to the third eye.

Seeing as not much is known about its primal function I theorize that it and the third eye are linked. Once your pineal gland decalcifies your third eye starts to open.

About the calcification of the pineal gland.... here is why I think it calcifies.

Remember as a child you have no preconceptions as to what is real and what isn't. Reality isn't as set in stone as it is as an adult. What is imaginary to us as adults may be real to children. We are taught what is and isn't real and basically this is enforced over and over again so eventually we have no use for our pineal gland anymore so it calcifies.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Interesting, thanks for responding, I took a psyc101 course last semester, and your right not much is known about the pineal gland, and I can't remember, but I believe it produces a specific hormone or biochemical.. [google]melotonin[/google], hmm I was sure its somthing else, maybe I'll look into it a little bit later.

But, based on what I've read from this Qigong book, they believe that each chakra in our body also correspond with an organ from the endocrine system, so you might possibly what to look into that a little bit more, in which each produce a certain hormone or chemical.

While I did come up with some theories base on these finding, I gave up trying to explaining them a few month back, it just loses all of its fun or the mystery, so I'm just going to sit back and enjoy whatever experience I encounter, and let other do it.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
For crying out loud. The pineal gland is supposed to calcify when you become an adult.

The pineal gland is large in children, but shrinks at puberty. It appears to play a major role in sexual development, hibernation in animals, metabolism, and seasonal breeding. The abundant melatonin levels in children is believed to inhibit sexual development, and pineal tumors have been linked with precocious puberty. When puberty arrives, melatonin production is reduced. Calcification of the pineal gland is typical in adults.

en.wikipedia.org...

Yes, I know, it's wiki. It's also accurate.

I'm almost 43. I don't like crowds, am sensitive to noises and particular sensations, spent my adolescence being depressed and writing poetry.

It's nothing special. It's called puberty. The sensitivity could come from a range of psychological or biological conditions having nothing to do with being anything other than a human child.

I'm not an indigo child and neither are any of you. You're just going to have to get used to the idea that you're a human among over 6 billion other humans and deal with it, or the real world is going to eat you alive once you're out in it.

Now, flame away. it's hard being the voice of reason sometimes.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

Haha, I actually thought you said "Flame On!!!"

Anyways, I'm glad to hear the opposing side's opinion, lol but as I said, I'll let people do the reasoning. But, I guess thats explains why as you get older and older you sleep less and less, well partially.

Anyways, science is always changing, and never definite or absolute, so I'd say its free game to theorize.

[EDIT][EDIT][EDIT]
After doing a quick search on google, trying to find a reliable source (non-new age websites) I came found this webpage: www.vrp.com...

Anyway, this doctor believe that there are medical therapy that can decalcify the pineal gland, such as Chelation therapy.

EDTA: Ethylene diamine tetra-acetic acid (EDTA) and other chelating agents are important in removing mitochondria-killing toxic heavy metals, as well as metastatic calcium (calcium that has been deposited in unwanted locations like joints, arteries, and pineal gland). Although no clinical studies have ever evaluated the ability of EDTA to decalcify an aging pineal gland, I believe that such would be the case if the study were performed. I have long believed EDTA chelation therapy to have youth-promoting benefits, often observed by chelation patients and their physicians. I think this is likely to be due not only to the removal of metastatic calcium in the arteries, but in the calcified pineal, as well. (Visit www.vrp.com to read my articles on chelation therapy, which describes intravenous and oral chelation).

So its possible to decalcify the pineal gland, I'm sure its possible there more than one way to do it, and as omega have stated, its possible that through meditation, we can decalcifying it as well, though, I doubt people of reason are dependent on the science community's research to believe anything on their own.

Unfortunately this guy reliability is in question, well not about him medical credibility I mean "He has served on the board of directors of the American Aging Association and the founding board of directors of the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine (A4M). Since 1996, he has been medical editor of Vitamin Research News and director of research and development for Vitamin Research Products." So he has his credibility, but he was sent to prison for tax evasion in 2006 for seven years....so does that mean he's corrupt?

But then again, the consumers gave his website good reviews as well (4 out of 5) so it can't be all bad: www.best-multivitamins-guide.com...

And he has some support who thought the sentences was unjust, but hey its your guys decision to believe his credibility.

I'm just laying down all the facts, so other don't need to waste time.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

I know it calcifies as an adult. Thats what I have been saying. What you must realize is that it it not just a part of puberty as the calcification can be reversed to its previous state.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Perhaps it's just me but I always thought the Indigo Children were intended to be spiritually superior. My cultural conditioning associates this with humility. Kids running around saying I am a Light Warror or such nonsense sounds too much like kids saying I am Conan the Bararian or a cowboy and the fastest gun in the west. I don't buy it.
I do accept that there are some real Indigo Children, I just don't believe these 'demon slayers' are it.
Consider in 2012 that an evolution in consciousness takes place. Nothing spectacular. No superheros being created. Just a change in consciousness so that a new generation is born that, for example, you cannot lie to. One simple change but the end result?
Politicians whose lies have no effect. Propaganda becomes useless as a tool for manipulating the masses. Madison Ave advertisers discover their hype for worthless products has no effect on sales, no one gets conned into a marriage or cheated on by a spouse as lies don't work. Imagine a world where you can't lie. How long could murderers, theives, pedophiles, etc. last in such a society? What kind of world would result if these people could not hide behind lies any more.
Perhaps that will not be the change, but I believe there will be a small change in consciousness that will result in a whole new society.
What if a generation grows up where everyone can view everyone else's aura. They may not know what you've done but they can see the black glow around you. They shun you. People judged by the color of their aura and not their skin. How many evil, greedy people do you believe would make it into political office?
Again, this might not be it. I offfer it only as an example. My point though, is that just a small, small tiny evolutionary change in consciousness and wow, what results. Forgive me but I cannot buy into any of these 'Warriors of Light' scenerios. Sound too much like Demons Slayers, Wow! Cool! Do I get a big sword?

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
Here is my take on the Indigo child phenomenon. I theorize that children who may think they are an Indigo child are ones that use more of their pineal gland then other children.

It has been proven that as a child your pineal gland is a lot more active then as an adult. In fact most adults pineal glands are completely calcified. For those who don't know what I am talking about. The pineal gland is a gland inside your brain that has a lot to do with paranormal activities and the third eye.

It is the key in regards to spiritual experiences, paranormal activity, and meditation. Triggering its decalcification is the catalyst to a change in your perception of the world.

There is a way to re-open, if you will, your gland. It is done by a variety of methods including meditation, mantra chants, etc.

My point to all of this is that anyone can be "Indigo" if they wish. But in order to do so they need to decalcify their pineal gland first.

I hope some people here know what I am talking about.

I do, very much so. In fact, you just gave me an answer I've been looking for to describe what I felt in the begining.

And lastly, I never label anyone, but saying someone is an emo is just another way of saying the name-caller is an insensitive prick. Emotion is not a bad thing, and is the root of the word Emo. It's a name kids give to others to justify feelings of inability to cope with their environment.

If you have every truly felt one with yourself, and everyone around you, then you never feel the need to justify yourself. If you don't know someone personally, its not for you to judge a damn thing about them, respectfully.

Save your insecurities for your failing relationships, because its only through losing everything that you truly gain the one thing you need in this world - Your sense of self. The knowledge that others actions have no effect on your own. You control how you act, respond, and live. If you have no experience aside from middle school to draw from, then I would recommend completing high school before you claim to know anything about life.

Trust me, life after high school is a different ball park all together. There is FAR more to life than maintaining a job and household, and to deny that you are not capable of more goes to show that you are no where near ready to accept it. I am quite glad that no one has the mastered the strengths some of us exhibit, because if that were so, those who were normal wouldn't have a voice to concern themselves with.

-Knight

[edit on 30-9-2007 by Knightshadowz]

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Knightshadowz

I guess, your directing the little speech towards me? Hmm, so I must be the "insensitive prick."
...I guess its your rights...and no offense taken.

But, I'd say its far for me to explain myself, and well frankly its because took what I said out of context.

1) I must say, thats a great speech you have, but quite contradicting no? Hmm..."If you don't know someone personally, its not for you to judge a damn thing about them"....

....yet you called me a "insensitive prick" and you gave me a speech about what I should expect from life and how I how I should live my life because you assume I live in oh so joyous and happy bubble, careless of anyone else but me, yeah...well I don't, and sorry to disappoint, but I already know and been through everything you described..you don't need to lead me to "a better way of life"

...And I'm not here to talk about my life story, but if you want to listen, then I'll share it to you privately...don't want to go off topic now...

2)I never stated indigos were emo, I merely stated the way David2012 was describing "how an "indigo" should act, feel, and be"...is as cheap and bad as the "emo point system," as any other website.

You know the self-survey test based on the point system, and based on the tally of those points, if you don't meet reach a certain sum, you aren't really an indigo....I mean don't determine who you are based on those freaking survey, it tends to be bias..

I later describe what I believe what the traits of the indigo should be, based on the given roles that were describe for them. Read my post again if you don't know....

Lastly, I don't care if your emotional, I'm a pretty emotional guy myself, like you said there's just some things in life, where we need to break down and cry. But, sometimes, we just have to move on.

But being emotional alone doesn't make you emo, emo a fashion trend/statement: the clothes, the lifestyle, and the music makes you emo. But, if you want your kids to be emo, then be my guest, I'm sure you'll regret it, if you don't know what I'm talking about, feel free to take this "emo point test": www.angelfire.com...

Oh and let me quote what you said, if you intend to change it:

I do, very much so. In fact, you just gave me an answer I've been looking for to describe what I felt in the begining.

And lastly, I never label anyone, but saying someone is an emo is just another way of saying the name-caller is an insensitive prick. Emotion is not a bad thing, and is the root of the word Emo. It's a name kids give to others to justify feelings of inability to cope with their environment.

If you have every truly felt one with yourself, and everyone around you, then you never feel the need to justify yourself. If you don't know someone personally, its not for you to judge a damn thing about them, respectfully.

Save your insecurities for your failing relationships, because its only through losing everything that you truly gain the one thing you need in this world - Your sense of self. The knowledge that others actions have no effect on your own. You control how you act, respond, and live. If you have no experience aside from middle school to draw from, then I would recommend completing high school before you claim to know anything about life.

Trust me, life after high school is a different ball park all together. There is FAR more to life than maintaining a job and household, and to deny that you are not capable of more goes to show that you are no where near ready to accept it. I am quite glad that no one has the mastered the strengths some of us exhibit, because if that were so, those who were normal wouldn't have a voice to concern themselves with.

-Knight

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Okay just pretend that you are someone else looking in. You would seem a little bit nutty right? If you still don't think so pretend you are one of your friends (if you have none aquaintences) and play out a scenario in your head. Tell them what an indigo child is and why you think you are one. Now what are they gonna reply? They will either be like "Nut Job" or "Oh My God! I am an Indigo child too!"

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I'm even more different.I'm a turquoise child,thats just how I roll.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shackleford
Okay just pretend that you are someone else looking in. You would seem a little bit nutty right? If you still don't think so pretend you are one of your friends (if you have none aquaintences) and play out a scenario in your head. Tell them what an indigo child is and why you think you are one. Now what are they gonna reply? They will either be like "Nut Job" or "Oh My God! I am an Indigo child too!"

No Shackleford, you won't get shut down completely if you think your an indigo and explain why you are one.

You have to give good reasons though, and then some of us might say "yeah you COULD be one," I personally will never say "whether you a definitely an indigo or not" since I know its not in my power to answer that for you, I doubt anyone on this forum will ever know. And even if you get shunned down, don't take what we all say too harshly, as Omega and I stated, with different reason, anyone can become an indigo....

the differences is some try to be one, others don't take the title to seriously...

Omega's reason is in his first post of this page, my reason is in the last post of the previous page...

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Okay... here is another two cents from me. Although I'm not sure why I'm posting because it sounds like many have their mind made up no matter what is said.

The word indigo is just a label for what us "indigos" feel. It gives us a way to recognize each other. Sorta like saying you are a christian etc. Yes there are christians out there that believe they are better than others but christians aren't suppose to have that attitude. just like indigos are not suppose to feel superior to anyone. i'm don't feel superior to anyone but i do know that i think very differently to others. The thoughts and feelings that i have are not from my raising, for i am the only one in my family (so far) that is like this.

As far as the emo thing goes. I don't really know what emo is. i'm 31 and there was no such thing as emo when i was a kid. not all indigos write so i'm not sure why yall keep bringing up the poetry, etc. and no matter what any indigo says... we don't really know what our mission is. we can guess but we don't really know. we are still waiting. waiting to find out. and perhaps... nothing will happen and we just have some undiagnosed mental illness. (which i'm not ruling out)

for all of you young indigos out there looking for answers (and i know you are)... be strong. spend time learning about yourself and who you are. no one else around you will understand you and that is okay. learn to live with it. you can. you can have friends that will accept you for who you are and a lot of them will come to you for advise. having just a few friends is good. you really can't handle having too many anyway. no matter how tempting it is... DO NOT take you own life. you are needed here. you may not know why yet but you are. it will all be reveled when you are ready and when the time is right. and the main advice i can give... ALWAYS be true to yourself. never regret standing up for what is right, no matter the consequences. If you get bored, go to a book store and go to the new age section. close your eyes and listen for the book that you are needing to read. go to it and buy it and read it. Buy a deck of tarot cards (i recommend the starter set, they look like cartoon drawings) and learn to read them. just listen to your guide when giving readings and don't think about it. just open your mouth and let the words come out. ALWAYS give the messages that you are given to give other people. its hard to do because you feel like that person is going to think your crazy but most of the time they start crying because they trully know that message is for them.

and for the skeptics... open up your mind and your heart. meditate. ask your spirit guide to show theirselves to you. you can ask for a sign and you will get it. just remember to listen/look for it. if you ask for a sign and you don't listen/look for it, you might miss it. spirit guides don't ask for you to believe unconditionally. they will show you that they are there if you ask.

and finally, love one another, after all, we are just human.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by skyblueff0
Knightshadowz

I guess, your directing the little speech towards me? Hmm, so I must be the "insensitive prick."
...I guess its your rights...and no offense taken.

But, I'd say its far for me to explain myself, and well frankly its because took what I said out of context.

I see you completely missed my point, or aren't capable of understanding it. Allow me to requote it for you, and then break it down so that you can understand:

Emo is an acronym for Emotion, and if I'm not mistaken, a person incapable of feeling emotion is insensitive. Technically, the clinical definition of Emotion changes whenever you take a step away from the world and find out emotion is spiritual energy.

It's a name kids give to others to justify feelings of inability to cope with their environment.

1) I must say, thats a great speech you have, but quite contradicting no? Hmm..."If you don't know someone personally, its not for you to judge a damn thing about them"....

....yet you called me a "insensitive prick" and you gave me a speech about what I should expect from life and how I how I should live my life because you assume I live in oh so joyous and happy bubble, careless of anyone else but me, yeah...well I don't, and sorry to disappoint, but I already know and been through everything you described..you don't need to lead me to "a better way of life"

Prick: (slang) an obnoxious or contemptible person.

Contemptible: 1. deserving of or held in contempt; despicable.
2. Obsolete

Obnoxious: annoying or objectionable due to being a showoff or attracting undue attention to oneself.

The definitions will lend a different opinion of just what prick means, aside from just being a slang while also serving the meaning of what I said to its fullest. If you lack the perception or understanding, I suggest meditation or yoga.

...And I'm not here to talk about my life story, but if you want to listen, then I'll share it to you privately...don't want to go off topic now...

2)I never stated indigos were emo, I merely stated the way David2012 was describing "how an "indigo" should act, feel, and be"...is as cheap and bad as the "emo point system," as any other website.

On the contrary, I think that his descriptions were right on, though I never label myself nor anyone else. You assume I was speaking in regards to you, but really, it was aimed at the word Emo in general as it is just a fad and has nothing to do with the context of this post.

I could care less what you think of me, or how your life compares to mine. It doesnt, by a long shot, I'm sure. Aside from your posting here being little more than the equivelent of belly button lint in contribution to the OP's topic, you have done little to nothing more than insult people because you don't believe the way we do. If you don't believe it, then please stop coming to this post. 4 or 5 or 6 posts about not believing is enough, and it isnt going to change the fact that it isnt your choice whether we believe or not.

This site is about denying ignorance, and seeking truth. Respectfully, you are foe/ignored.

Prayers and best wishes,
-Knight

and let me quote what you said, if you intend to change it

I never do, unless its over the top. In that case, like many others, it wasnt.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join