It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK, so I just found out I'm an Indigo child and maybe a Light Warrior! Plus another theory on 2012

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I posted this in another thread, but I realised that that thread was inactive.

I was hoping I could get some direct answers, as it seems there are many self-pronounced at least Indigos, and what I have posted (which I shall post again below) is utterly sincere, I'm not mocking, I'm just skeptical;

The post below was in response to following this link;

www.metagifted.org...

"I followed that link, and I can honestly say I meet all of those 25 criteria, some to a lesser extent than others, but I can still relate a strong link between all of those requirements with my life.

Does that mean I am an Indigo Child? No, it doesn't, it just means I'm smart but troubled, as many intellectuals are.

If those requirements meant that I was certainly an Indigo Child, then perhaps this new-age movement is on to something, but it isn't. Very few of these criteria are in any way supernatural, and I would expect most 'Indigo Children' meet these requirements in the weakest sense.

Sorry to sound skeptic, but I meet most of these criteria very strongly, but I don't see why it should mean I'm anything but an intelligent person who is a bit of a social misfit."

So my question would be, if the only difference between me and you is that you believe you are an Indigo Child, doesn't that tell you something about the credibility of this?

I'm not saying that it is impossible, but I'd never heard of Indigo Children today, and yes I strongly meet a lot of the criteria, but I doubt any Indigo has ever believed they were an Indigo before learning about these defining features.

I am, however, VERY curious, and if there is anything...more specific, i.e. criteria that are much more clear, then I would appreciate anyone pointing me in the right direction.

I am not looking to disprove, humiliate or refute the idea of Indigo Children, I am just trying to understand it.

[edit on 12-2-2008 by Qayin]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Ok. you are going to get alot of what you have seen so far.
People saying that your not special and indigo is bs etc.
Here is whats important.
You know.. within yourself that you are different.
You know that you have a purpose
You are aware of things other people are not

It does not matter if you call yourself an Indigo child or not. Labels are just labels.

Indigo is a label for a new generation of mankind emerging that are more enlightened than the past. for that reason.. some will need to be defenders as you put it.. light warriors, because they are among a few that can truly understand what is going on around them.

There is more I could say but I really dont want to get a whole different discussion going. I am in the middle of making dinner. lol

If you want to talk more there is always u2u

you are not alone.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Exactly what the poster said above me, it is within you not within the masses that are brainwashed by the idiot box every day. You know you are a light Warrior therefor you are a light Warrior. We are what we create.If we create darkness for ourselves, Darkness we shall have. If we create Light, Light we shall Have. Just continue on the path you are on and forget about the Ignorance that lies within most people that reside here on ATS. HELL i am sixteen and i am pursuing this spiritual path, I get alienated everyday because i am different, but i am happy that i am Different than most people my age, It separates me from the crowd. I know what you are going through, All spiritual Pioneers go through this - Keep that in mind. We are all told TO FOLLOW THE CROWD OR ELSE. or else i might be different, or else i might follow my own path, or else i might become a better person. no, i will Choose my own way just like you have and the previous poster has. We are beams of light Walking in the Valley of Darkness.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Does being an "Indigo" actually mean anything though? Apparently you have skills and gifts that normal people don't. I don't quite understand how that differs from someone being able to do something that you can't. You have a desire to change/help the world, but do any of you do it? It seems like kind of a waste that you all talk about being special yet don't contribute at all. I fail to see how being uneducated and in poverty makes you "gifted". To be honest it sounds like a majority of the people have some real psychiatric problems that need to be taken care of.

I say this with all due respect, as I am not trying to tell you your feelings are incorrect. I don't know anything for certain let alone whether you all are special. I am just having a hard time seeing the validity in this. As for the younger people in the thread, I was just like you, I wouldn't listen to anyone older ever. I couldn't grasp that someone else had ever gone through what I did as a teenager. But I can assure you these things you feel are not unique, take it from someone else that has experienced them. But alas I suspect you will have to learn on your own, just like all the people before you. Good luck to you all!

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by darcon
Exactly what the poster said above me, it is within you not within the masses that are brainwashed by the idiot box every day. You know you are a light Warrior therefor you are a light Warrior. We are what we create.If we create darkness for ourselves, Darkness we shall have. If we create Light, Light we shall Have. Just continue on the path you are on and forget about the Ignorance that lies within most people that reside here on ATS. HELL i am sixteen and i am pursuing this spiritual path, I get alienated everyday because i am different, but i am happy that i am Different than most people my age, It separates me from the crowd. I know what you are going through, All spiritual Pioneers go through this - Keep that in mind. We are all told TO FOLLOW THE CROWD OR ELSE. or else i might be different, or else i might follow my own path, or else i might become a better person. no, i will Choose my own way just like you have and the previous poster has. We are beams of light Walking in the Valley of Darkness.

I'm not sure if the ignorance thing was in any way directed at me, but I think whoever you direct that accusation at it is still unjust; if Indigo is just a label or description, then even people who could be labelled as such will be ignorant until they discover this.

For all we know there are people within this thread who directly insulted the very concept of Indigos, that may in fact be Indigo Children themselves.

We can't help it if we haven't gotten the answers we're looking for; I am of course very ignorant on the matter, that's why I was asking questions, I have a small grasp of what the concept of Indigo Children is, I just want to know how and why it is there.

Sorry if I came across as offensive, but then again I have no idea if you were in any way aiming that comment at me.

You don't have to be normal to be ignorant, you don't have to be an Indigo to be spiritual, whether you or I or anyone else is the next step in evolution is irrelevant, people are still people, i.e. human beings, and they will behave in a way natural to them; if they're skeptical it is because they have doubts, if they are ignorant it is because they have not learnt your view.

People are alienated every day, as well; you are not being 'alienated' because you are an Indigo, being special is not a requirement for alienation.

This may seem a bit off topic, but I am trying to make a point that people may be ignorant, but according to you these people are also ordinary, less special than you, and if that is the case you should try to teach them, not shun them.

The next step in evolution should try to set the example, not follow it by forcing themselves into social exile and returning this treatment with bitter anger or resentment, shunning them in turn because they are ignorant.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Qayin

The comment was not directed to you, if you feel that way than i am truly sorry. The comment was directed at the people who have been Ridiculing the OP just for stating she is an Inigo child, meanwhile most of the people that do the ridiculing, don't even know what they are talking about. I haven't read any of your comments so i really don't know your position on the subject. If my comment was insulting to anyone i am very sorry. But the sad fact of it is, most people in the world today are ignorant to these types of subjects, and they Accuse people of being fakers, like some have done to theOmen. Those people are the ones that my comment was aimed at, and if you were one of those people who made the comments than you should be truly sorry to the OP. If not than that is great, and i am happy that you are open minded unlike some people.

[edit on 13-2-2008 by darcon]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I just read your comment you put up above Qayin, you sound like you are just trying to learn more about the subject before you judge it. Like previously stated in my comment above, my comment was not Directed towards you.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

They are not unique you are truly right. Everyone has the light inside them, but it is only when you shine the light where others don't. That is what makes us different from the crowd. By shining that light on a daily basis, that is what makes us Truly Unique. I know most of you that read these comments will judge the truth before you experience these things yourself.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   

I just read your comment you put up above Qayin, you sound like you are just trying to learn more about the subject before you judge it. Like previously stated in my comment above, my comment was not stated towards.

Okay then, it wasn't an offensive comment either, I guess I just overreacted a bit.

Yes, I am very interested in this kind of subject, but I have been unable to get direct answers other than what the numerous websites give you; a list of criteria . And whilst I havent found a criteria that I do not at least partially relate to, I haven't found anything concrete that can tell me what it is to be an Indigo, how to truly know if you are, or if you yourself know already, and why they are appearing now of all times.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
A member who could be of service to you is Paul_Richard. He told me my Aura Color and even what my past life was. He even told me my purpose in life, which i already knew, it only improved my thought. If anyone would know about the subject it is him.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   

A member who could be of service to you is Paul_Richard. He told me my Aura Color and even what my past life was. He even told me my purpose in life, which i already knew, it only improved my thought. If anyone would know about the subject it is him.

Would he be as accomadating for me? I'd gladly contact him, but if he gets a lot of this, he may just as easily tell me to **** off, which would be a charming part of an already stressful day.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I am sure he wouldn't mind. Just ask very nicely, in a U2U that, you have always thought yourself to be an indigo Child(as stated in another thread i read), and ask if they are the real deal. I am sure he will oblige you. He obliged me, and now i am a part of an ever growing Community. TheSocietyOfLight. I am sure he would be happy to tell you.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve
Does being an "Indigo" actually mean anything though? Apparently you have skills and gifts that normal people don't. I don't quite understand how that differs from someone being able to do something that you can't. You have a desire to change/help the world, but do any of you do it? As for the younger people in the thread, I was just like you, I wouldn't listen to anyone older ever. I couldn't grasp that someone else had ever gone through what I did as a teenager. But I can assure you these things you feel are not unique, take it from someone else that has experienced them.

As I said before.. it is a label for a new emerging generation of mankind that are different. It means something yes, it means we are once again evolving into the next state of mankind and we are among the first to experience the new changes that are taking place. It means that we come to understand things others are confused by much easier and we have the ability to try and help other people who are not like us to understand that changes are happening and more are coming and help them be prepared to accept that without fear.
We often help people and touch other peoples lives in positive ways without even realizing we are doing it. That is a big part of our purpose.. TO HELP others adjust and accept.

Just an FYI about the young comment.. being whatever the label is that people want to call our generation does not make us all young.. this new generation has been emerging for the past 100 or so years.. more slowly at the start but there are some that were born in the early 1900's. I am in the middle there. I am 36 now. As a child I didn't know I was different because I didnt know that not everyone knew and saw the things I did. It was not until I was an adolescent that I began to realize I was not "normal".

I always chocked my strangeness up to being a scorpio!

Anyway.. I hope this has helped a bit, if not.. let me know.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
hi....i know this is a big thread and the OP was awhile ago.....i looked up your links and if my understanding is correct this concept was written about by two people, one in the 70's and another in '98(Carrol as per instructions from Kryon an "angelic master"). L. Ron Hubbard wrote a book called Dianetics (won't mention his sci fi catalogue) in 1950 and claimed that a persons soul was a being called a Thetan that lived many lives that is endowed with many special abilities beyond what we consider we normally posses. How does this differ to the concept of Indigo Children, and in light of how the world View Scientology what future do you see in this theory.
p.s I am not a scientologist, i am just using scientology as an example, and it also has some common themes that relate to the Indigo Children theory.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   

I am sure he wouldn't mind. Just ask very nicely, in a U2U that, you have always thought yourself to be an indigo Child(as stated in another thread i read), and ask if they are the real deal. I am sure he will oblige you. He obliged me, and now i am a part of an ever growing Community. TheSocietyOfLight. I am sure he would be happy to tell you.

I will send him a U2U in the hopes of finding some answers, thank you very much for all the help.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
No problem, i am going on threads for this exact reason, to help people who don't understand what is happening, and Paul_Richard knows what he is talking about. I mean he told me i was Hippocrates of Kos, the greek Medicine man. I know he is not lying, just check his comment page how many people he has helped out.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   

No problem, i am going on threads for this exact reason, to help people who don't understand what is happening, and Paul_Richard knows what he is talking about. I mean he told me i was Hippocrates of Kos, the greek Medicine man. I know he is not lying, just check his comment page how many people he has helped out.

en.wikipedia.org...

Well, then, as long as he doesn't tell me that I'M Hippocrates of Kos, I'll assume he is an authority on this kind of thing

First, however, I need to make some posts (I'm very new to the site, and it seems people under 20 posts cannot send U2Us...sad face

Thanks again for all the help.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Yes i had to do that to. My U2U Quota is filling up and i don't have the points to refill it. Because of this one mod who keeps hassling me , but whatever i made a new account so i will use that one. X.Darcon.X that is my new account, i will add you to my friends list on that account also. But back to topic, I don't think i am an Indigo Child but i know i am a Warrior of the Light.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I match all the criteria of that Indigo child list, but I don't see myself as special...

I'm me.. I'm unique, but not special. I'm not gunna label myself with a blue/voilet colour either. Who you are is defined by your actions not some list on the internet.

Sorry, a need to feel special can be overwhelming, but don't go around telling people your an Indigo child and somehow superior to them, otherwise your life will be one long Ass whooping...

Peace..

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rock Ape
I match all the criteria of that Indigo child list, but I don't see myself as special...

I'm me.. I'm unique, but not special. I'm not gunna label myself with a blue/voilet colour either. Who you are is defined by your actions not some list on the internet.

Sorry, a need to feel special can be overwhelming, but don't go around telling people your an Indigo child and somehow superior to them, otherwise your life will be one long Ass whooping...

Peace..

What do you mean Blue/Violet? If you mean Aura color mine is White and Intense Violet.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join