It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombie Drug

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Zombie Drug

www.cnn.com

"News To Me's" Eric Lanford talks to a VBS.TV reporter about a deadly Colombian drug that can turn people into zombies."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Currently used for crime...but not far fetched to be considered a 'tool' for perhaps extracting information from suspects maybe? Or other means of making people do or submit to things they normally wouldn't. What do you think?

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Sorry for the double-post, not sure how it happened.

[edit on 27-9-2007 by saint4God]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
Sorry for the double-post, not sure how it happened.

It's ok, it's how news submissions work.

Can you describe what the video is about? Not all of us have stable connections.

This isn't like the T-virus in Resident Evil, is it? Incidentally Resident Evil: Extinction was just released in cinemas a week ago. Milla is hot.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Sure, I'll give a summary as I understand it. An independant reporter had decided to go to Columbia to investigate the drug. By investigate, I mean make a contact and meet up with a man who sells a drug used for common crimes. This crime is a white powder form of scopolamine that when blown into the face of a victim, renders them 'will-less' to do anything but submit to the attacker. It has been used for things like stealing, rape and other crimes. In addition, it leaves the victim with no memory of the event. The video interviews the man who investigated and shows the documentary he made.

I found some info about scopolamine here: www.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
clicked the link and I got a vid on the tensions in Burma. - no zombies

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
"Because scopolamine depresses the central nervous system, it is used as a sedative prior to anesthesia and as an antispasmodic in certain disorders characterized by restlessness and agitation, e.g., delirium tremens, psychosis, mania, and Parkinsonism. When combined with morphine, the effect produced is a tranquilized state known as twilight sleep; this combination of drugs was formerly used in obstetrics but is now considered too dangerous. Overdosage of scopolamine causes delirium, delusions, paralysis, and stupor. " - www.infoplease.com...

Ugh, I did it wrong then...let me try again:

www.youtube.com...

Ah, I apparently don't have 'leet' linking skeelz. Thank goodness for Youtube.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
sounds like a next generation 'truth syrum' drug
administered by inhaling, rather than by shots as was my case

of course---- this may be another folklore, & exaggerated 'story'

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

Geez! That's some scary brown stuff!

About your idea that it might be used as a truth serum, I found an article which mentioned that it was indeed used as that at a time:

Truth detection: The holiest of human grails

During the Cold War, the CIA and other secret squirrel organizations used so-called truth serums to gain information from reluctant spies. Many barbiturates fall in the truth serum category, including scopolamine, sodium amytal and sodium pentothal. The “truth serums” are no longer used by Ray Ban-wearing feds because the drugs proved to be unreliable. In addition, many barbiturates, such as sodium amytal have a high potential for dependence and addiction. Side effects and interactions with other medicines are not uncommon.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Maybe they've got something better now, or a derivative of this drug.

[edit on 27-9-2007 by Beachcoma]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
sounds like a next generation 'truth syrum' drug
administered by inhaling, rather than by shots as was my case

Would you be willing to discuss the background of when you were given truth syrum? What was the reason? How did you feel? What did you remember? What things seem similar in this drug?

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

It worked for me.

Scopalamine is not a new drug BTW

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Sounds like the compound is old, but the delivery/refinement seems different. White airbourne powder. Is this kind of mercenary reporting a good thing do you think? Do you suppose there are unethical uses on a more organized scale? Does it have that kind of further negative potential (like 'crop'-dusting people)?

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

Alot of drugs can be given nasaly like Versed (midazolam) which is a sedative/hypnotic, If its avalible in oral form Im betting it can be given that route as well.

However, why do it that way anyway? IV injection is far more direct, get intot he system faster and dosing has to be easier.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Would you be willing to discuss the background of when you were given truth syrum? What was the reason? How did you feel? What did you remember? What things seem similar in this drug?

20 some years ago, i was 'administered' [with consent]
some of that 'Truth Syrum' (what i know as PhenoBarbatol) check spelling

Q: how did you (I) feel??

A: my mind/brain/ mouth/ was 'happy' to tell the authouities everything,
because ? i did not feel that anything i engaged in was 'wrong' or 'illegal'
so i commenced to 'spill-the-beans'.....which actually led to my exonerzation...

Q: What things seem similar in this drug?

A: only that it seems a 'cousin'

Q: recall/remember?

A:
only that my mind-brain-intellect seemed to be suddenly immersed in a 'world' that had the consistancy of Honey...And rhat my lower jaw silvary glands were working overtme/ or i was acutely aware of my spit!

or as the very old 'Beatles' song alluded...that sometimes the 'world' was Marmelade and had Tangerine Skies (but that was a metaphor for ''___'')

[edit on 27-9-2007 by St Udio]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Phenobarbital
en.wikipedia.org...

St. Udio, are you sure it was Pheno and not PentoBarbital (Pento is in the same class but a bit stronger)

[edit on 9/27/07 by FredT]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

St. Udio, are you sure it was Pheno and not PentoBarbital (Pento is in the same class but a bit stronger)

\

Yo man.....

this happened years ago... back when i was a case-of-beer-a-day
alcoholic, cigarette smoker, womanizer, total reprobate...

the assent to administering the 'truth syrum' was effectively made under duress.... sorta akin to the breathilizer model...
consent usually is obtained thru corcern and the 'results' standardly
slanted in the arresting officers favor

it could have been either ~Pheno~ or ~Pento~

but i appreciate your knowledge & inside discernment....

thanks
~~~~~~~

Oh, i went to the Wiki you gave me...

i'm pretty certain it was a 'sodium pentothal' concoction after-all

[edit on 27-9-2007 by St Udio]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Wow, never expected testimony on this topic. Thanks for that insight St. Udio. I see thread got shipped to BTS because I didn't quite explain well how a conspiracy may be involved. What I was wondering was if this kind of thing is being used by the government, other governments, or organizations to gain information. Or, perhaps get people to say things they shouldn't. It could potentially have a human rights violation if so. On the upside, this could be very helpful in interrogation for those seeking to mass murder without harming the recipient. Is it used in things like Guantanamo Bay?

I don't want to pry in uncomfortable territory, but if you'd like to expand a bit St Udio, how did the decision come about to offer this serum to you? Is there a checklist or qualification you'd have to meet?

This is interesting to me because I recently got my Bachelor's in Biology and have started in Biotech/Pharmaceuticals.

[edit on 28-9-2007 by saint4God]

top topics

join