It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What survival scenario are you convinced WILL happen?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
After much soul searching, I've decided that speculating about survival scenarios ie how it will happen is fairly pointless. There are simply far too many ways that the worst could happen to prepare for all of them. Whether it's a man-made or natural disaster, I'm far more concerned with the details about how I'll get through it in the most economical fashion possible in terms of human energy. At this point in time, I feel that it's far more important to expend energy in preparedness rather than prevention.

Robert A. Heinlein put it best IMHO, humans should be generalists in survival terms , specialization is for insects and usually leads to an evolutionary dead end.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I hear what you're sayin'. But there are 6 billion different circumstances on earth right now. Everyone needs to think through their own Sit X and be prepared accordingly. Generalities only go so far.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 02:26 AM
link   
It's just a matter of time until Yellowstone blows again and deposits a layer of ash many feet thick thru the breadbasket/farmbelt and as far down as the border of Texas. The ash cloud will hang world wide enough to lower the temp. to the point where crops will not grow. An age of barberism will return and America will cease to exist. Civilization at best will resemble feudal Europe. Slavery will return and a new age of darkness will fall across the land.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zane Zackerly
What survival scenario are you convinced is absolutely going to happen in your lifetime, and what will you do?
I believe that in this scenario, Russia and China will become the new world powers. Either or both may try to invade and conquer the Middle East to get the oil, resulting in a huge nuclear war with both countries devastated.

Europe will probably get dragged into this as well. The US, broken up into several countries, will be irrelevant.

What do you think?

You sound like you've been reading Dimitru Duduman's dreams and visions . . . I think you've just not gone far enough in your discernment.

Here's a link to his grandson's website of his docs.

www.handofhelp.com...

He "saw" China attacking our West Coast and through Mexico. Russia taking Alaska and attacking through Canada and the East Coast. He saw China giving Hawaii to Japan for Japan joining with China against the USA.

He saw Russia order all Americans killed in Alaska and a Chinese general ordering all Californians killed until the general is assassinated in the San Fran area.

He kind of saw the Midwest as a no-mann's land--Russia and China didn't make it quite that far. And at some point, Christians in the Chinese army turned and fought with the Americans against their own army.

We shall see. I don't know how much he thought the above was unalterable and how much could be changed by prayer.

I do believe that AlQaeda will light off some nukes in maybe as many as 7 or so cities . . . whenever satan/the puppet masters decide to do it and God allows it.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by crgintx

In My opinion trying to figure out what is most likely to happen is every bit as much a part of survival as packing your BOB. How can you prepare if you dont know what to prepare for.

The task seems daunting to say the least. everybody has different ideas of what the likely Sit-X will be, based on the area they live. the trick is to glean what is useful to you from all this speculation. To speculate is human we are the only animal on this planet capable of it.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I can see the US breaking up into several countries and here is how I see it:

Canamerica: Canadian provinces, New England, Great Lakes and Pacific Northwest.

Mexamerican: Mexico, American Southwest

Confederation of American States: American Southeast, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands

That is how I see it with the Ohio, Mississippi and Missouri River making up the border between Canaamerica, Mexamerica & CSA.

The safest, stablest and most wealth part will be Canamerica. I suggest moving north of the Ohio or Missouri!

Mexamerica will be the worst the American Southwest will morph into Old Mexico, extreme and extensive poverty, gangs, corrupt officials and extremely rich elite.

The CSA is a crap shot, it may be good or bad, I don't have a feeling either way!

Well that's my two cents, I believe it will not happen before 2012!

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mel1962

Don't see how you can say that CanAmerica will be the most stable. Short growing season, no where near enough oil refining capability and deadly cold winters.

Texas and California combined make up over a third of the nations economy and over half of its oil refining capability. If anything the northern states of Mexico will join them to form an economic block should the US break apart. Mexico isn't all that stable and the Aztlan Movement that the false propaganda that we call mainstream news fearmongers show rabidly about doesn't have even 5% of Mexicanos in Mexico behind it much less the ones who now live and work in the US. Mexicanos have always been part of the landscape in both states, don't see how it would be any different if they weren't part of the US. There may,however, be an eventual division of Northern and Southern California.

Both California and Texas have extremely diverse and robust economies which is why both economies have grown much faster than any other states since WW2. Don't see folks flocking to the Rust Belt any time soon.

Texas and Louisiana are the US's major oil refining states. Houston and New Orleans are #2 and #4 respective cargo ports in terms of dollar value in the US and LA,CA is #1.

Don't get me wrong, the breakup of the US would hurt Cali and Texas bad but no where near as bad as it will other parts of the country.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
The more I study the Economics of whats happening, the more all of it is coming clear. I believe that the economic house of cards has begun to crumble. The interest payments on the debt have exceeded all collected income tax.

The only way they're keeping the Stock Market afloat is by devaluing the dollar. Which in turn is making our lenders (China, Japan,etc.) not want to buy our debt. We NEED them to buy that debt. Not only are they not buying, they are converting dollars to assets. Which will send those grossly inflated dollars back here. Hyperinflation, deflation, a War without end. This is a very real Sit X that I feel has already begun.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Bo's post is the closest to what may/will happen... Dumitru Duduman's dream visions on the future are just part of many 'showings' given to many different people...they all 'fit'...however the reality will be far worse...read Cormac MacCathy's book 'THE ROAD'...to get a very good idea of what u will have to face..(if we survive that long)...the invasion of U.S. will be by a coalition of FIVE...not just Russia & China...the only chance any of us have is to GET RIGHT with the Creator NOW!....if u don't believe in God, then ur in real trouble....GB .......................p.s. it's only about oil to the extent that a few 'families' make a fortune out of it....we don't need it...there are far superior techs. available that have been repressed...it's much 'darker' than most think.

[edit on 28-10-2007 by dave7]

[edit on 28-10-2007 by dave7]

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Who knows. Things really do seem like they could be reaching a head. Also makes you wonder why there are all these survival shows on TV these days. A tutorial on how to survive in the wild on your own, what you can eat, how to catch your food, how to build shelter, how to make fire, etc.

I'm going to start paying a little more attention I think.

Good Luck to you all.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dave7

Could very well be. I guess Nixon started setting aside alot of land under the guise of Environmentalism to cover our rising debt. Since the Gold had already fallen far behind its ability to back it.

When these countries call in our debt and we can't pay.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Can't say I'm convinced that anything will happen in my lifetime, but I'd say these three are most likely.

1. Economic Breakdown.
2. Natural Disaster.
3. Plague Situation.

Could probably also add in a number of western countries showing signs of becoming police states, I guess it would be mostly a survival situation for those who try to keep their freedoms.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join