It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bench Warrant Issued for Cindy Sheehan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Bench Warrant Issued for Cindy Sheehan

www.foxnews.com

District of Columbia Superior Court Judge Michael McCarthy issued the order to Sheehan around noon, a court spokeswoman said. The warrant means she is to be taken into custody and brought before the court. She also faces one count of unlawful assembly.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Sheehan failed to appear in court for a charge of unlawful assembly.

I know we'll hear a lot "grieving mother" apologists on this matter, but Sheehan's protracted acts of lawlessness are beginning to paint a very different picture.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Somehow....just somehow....I know this made Grady's day.

The good old "unlawful assembly" crime. That should give all Americans a warm fuzzy feeling.

Peace

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
When you have crimes like unlawful assembly, you can't call yourself a free nation. The US is so far gone... no more the home of the free... more like the home of the slave.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott I know we'll hear a lot "grieving mother" apologists on this matter, but Sheehan's protracted acts of lawlessness are beginning to paint a very different picture.

Jeez, yah...the Beastmaster is upon the land, all right.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
When you have crimes like unlawful assembly, you can't call yourself a free nation.

The legal definition of unlawful assembly is

A disturbance of the public peace by three or more persons who meet together with an intent mutually to assist each other in the execution of some unlawful enterprise of a private nature, with force and violence...

www.lectlaw.com...

So you propose that to be legal?

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77 So you propose that to be legal?

What I propose is that those who consider themselves right of centre develop a degree of compassion because they'll find their lives a lot more fulfilling, and conversely, I propose that those of the leftish...where I place myself, though in a more northerly fashion, stop with the knee-jerk attacks upon the kitten punchers because it is unseeming to be so judgemental.

Really...it's the polarity that is so destructive.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Excuse me... do you have a permit for this thread?

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
All I have to say...

Is I would sure hate to be locked up with that guy Cindy... He looks tough...

New meaning to the term "scared straight."

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Ok.....

Anyway, if this law is unconstitutional or if she's innocent, why didn't she bother to show up in court to defend herself?

Was she too busy campaigning to take Nancy Pelosi's House seat?

Seems to me like failing to appear is far more serious than these little petty charges she's been fined for over the past few years for her over-the-top intrusive marginally illegal protesting antics.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by djohnsto77

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Anyway, if this law is unconstitutional or if she's innocent, why didn't she bother to show up in court to defend herself?

Well, she's really got to be careful of how/where she spends her travel dollars now that her boarding pass is no longer stamped "Paid For By The Democrat Party".

top topics

join