It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddam Hussein Tried to Give up and Leave Iraq - Bush White House Kept Facts Secret

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
It was just on CNN. They should have just set up the deal and nabbed him.

Thats a very solid arguement.

Make a deal and then as soon you have him in sight arrest him on the spot and ship him back to Iraq. No matter what people would have said at the moment it was way better than a war, and they could have say so after the fact. I believe that many people would have understand. At least the american people would IMO.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch

Originally posted by Sky watcher
It was just on CNN. They should have just set up the deal and nabbed him.

Thats a very solid arguement.

Make a deal and then as soon you have him in sight arrest him on the spot and ship him back to Iraq. No matter what people would have said at the moment it was way better than a war, and they could have say so after the fact. I believe that many people would have understand. At least the american people would IMO.

Exactly. But there would have been no profit of it.

I hope somebody posts the link to the CNN article once it is up. I looked on the site, but I could not find it.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I knew I had discussed this before way back before any invasion took place.
The laughable stuff is the spin about folks like Rumsfeld talking about exile instead of an invasion. This from someone hell bent on military action from the get go

www.abc.net.au...

www.pbs.org...

So many other links available but I limited it to just the above ones.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 06:32 AM
link   
So. Not only were there no WMD, it also appears as if the whole diplomatic spectrum was not covered prior to the war starting.

Surely this tape alone is enough evidence to impeach Bush?

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
I am not prepared to believe this bogus report.

I knew you'd come around, to realizing that FauxNews is "full of it", eventually.

Originally posted by neformore
Surely this tape alone is enough evidence to impeach Bush?

There's mounds of "evidence". It comes down to a lack of desire on the part of the "Left". At the top, "Dems" and "Repubs" are merely two sides of the same dirty coin. It's all a game to keep the populace divided and focused on blindly toting "party lines" instead of thinking for themselves as individuals.

[edit on 9/28/07 by redmage]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   
if this news is truely a fact, why Saddam never announced that in public before the War or after he is being trialed?

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Yes , it would have prevented every thing that is happening now in Iraq.
In the view of your assessment you don’t really know what is happening in Iraq, I do a little as I was there when Saddam was in power for my job. Working in Doha and traveling to Baghdad.
You have to go back to the first war. Back then the Americans had promise some kind of help to the Shiites. Then they left Saddam in power and didn’t honor they promise. 10 years of sanctions had work to make Saddam understand that Iraq future lies in government unity has long has he will not be part of it.
At the eve of the second war, Iraqi friend of mine was telling me that the government of Iraq was talking with the Shiites for a future sharing government with the moderate wings of Bass party.
Then there some Iraqis like my friend thoughts that every thing will be fine has Saddam will leave, the Americans will not invade and unity will still be possible.
Last time I try to talk with him (Iraqi friend) when I was in Doha, I could only hear disgust and hatred about American government that undoubtedly brought chaos and destructiveness in a country that was on the brink of changing they government and making a future for them self.
What you have to understand is that Iraqis share a lots with they neighbor country and in all fairness they happiness lie with country like Iran then like America.
Of course they could have prevented this stupid war if only the neocons where no t so much influence by some delusions’ doctrine to extend American homogeny power which unquestionably will bring chaos inside American in of this days.
In the history of Iraq never we’ve seen what is happening now, only this could be seeing as an American made “civil war”.

Kacou

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
www.dailymail.co.uk...

"It seems he's indicated he would be prepared to go into exile if he's allowed to take $1billion and all the information he wants about weapons of mass destruction."

Guess Saddam still wanted WMDs even in exile if allowed.

I agree,
Bloody wierd, why the hell would he want his wmd papers?

I get the feeling that lil tid bit is a lie, and will be used as justification for NOT taking the deal, when he is asked by reporters!

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   

www.dailymail.co.uk...

"It seems he's indicated he would be prepared to go into exile if he's allowed to take $1billion and all the information he wants about weapons of mass destruction."

LMFAO!!

you are using DailyHate as a source?
The most right wing newspaper in the United Kingdom, still supports the utterly failed Iraq war, who now thinks we should start bombing Iran...

Yeah...not a good source.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

Yep, that's a tough one for sure. What on earth could he want with $1 billion and details of how to make WMDs?

It's sure as hell got me beat.

DCP

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
In Bush's mind Saddam was a terrorist, and you DO NOT negotiate with terrorist. If you think Saddam was a misunderstood dictator then i can see how this non-deal can make you mad

who would have taken over if Saddam got his 1 billion dollars. One of his masochistic sons? Who would be in charge of Iraq if Saddam would have stepped down was never mentioned...why?

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

LMFAO!!

you are using DailyHate as a source?
The most right wing newspaper in the United Kingdom, still supports the utterly failed Iraq war, who now thinks we should start bombing Iran...

Yeah...not a good source.

Where you think inforwars got their source from? They used daily mail as THE source.

Thats why I did this

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Where you think inforwars got their source from? They used daily mail as THE source.

infowars will randomly use any source to suit their agenda.

*yawns*

[edit on 28-9-2007 by infinite]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   

www.dailymail.co.uk...

That is soooo resonable compared to the trillions we've spent on the war. and sooooo much better than for bush to keep asking for another $260 billions for wars.......pretty much a few people are making a ton of money off of this.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
infowars will randomly use any source to suit their agenda.

*yawns*

That's not the case. They don't just choose random, uncredible sources for their articles.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by timeless test

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

Yep, that's a tough one for sure. What on earth could he want with $1 billion and details of how to make WMDs?

It's sure as hell got me beat.

well its not as if he's going to sit in exil making wmd's is it.
can you see him in some mountain hide away,, with burners, test tubes, etc etc.?

what a load of bollux.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 02:18 AM
link   
IMO buying off Saddam was never a viable scheme . Saddam could have just pocketed the money and not held up his end of the deal and without the presence of coalition troops one can only imagine how bad the coming civil war would have been.

Although given how naive Bush is and his pre war speech where he gave Saddam and his sons forty eight hours to leave Iraq who knows what Bush and cronies tried ?

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I'm having some trouble believing the story and the more I check back in time and from what I can recall he Saddam Insane had plenty of opportunity to leave Iraq with his family thugs, daughters and his wife and all the moola he could transport.

CNN:UAE official: Hussein was open to exile
"DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (CNN) -- Days before the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq in 2003, Saddam Hussein agreed in principle to accept an offer of exile from the United Arab Emirates, but the deal fell through.."
edition.cnn.com...
Reuters: "...Bush thought Saddam was prepared to flee: report
"During a meeting at his ranch in Crawford, Texas, on February 22, 2003, Bush told former Spanish Prime Minister Jose Maria Aznar that Saddam could also be assassinated, according to the transcript published in El Pais in Spanish..."
www.reuters.com...
CNN: Bush gives Saddam 48 hours to leave Iraq
"no doubt" that Iraq possesses "some of the most lethal weapons ever devised," Bush said.
The "security of the world requires disarming Saddam Hussein now," the president said.
www.cnn.com...

Things just don't add up. If I remember correctly, one Mid-Eat Country offered him a place to exile to just prior to Bush's 48 hr ultimatum Leave or War.

Dallas

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Found this piece interesting. Connects in part to Saddam Hussein going into exile and taking the WMD papers with him. It's apparently taken from a transcript of talks between George Bush and Aznar.

www.wsws.org...

It also reveals that Saddam Hussein had indicated through the Egyptian government that he was prepared to go into exile, provided he could take with him $1 billion and documents on Iraqi weapons of mass destruction, presumably including records proving US backing for Baghdad’s weapons programs, particularly under Bush senior’s administration.

Now that's more believable than Saddam going into exile and using his $1B to make bio/chemical weapons from the recipes he took with him

Funny that this story of the transcripts hasn't been reported on a wider scale

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Somehow I just can't believe this story.

If Saddam was sooo willing to go into exile, why didn't he just take the $1 billion and the plans he wanted and go to a country where they wouldn't hand him over to the U.S.?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join