It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discussion Thread for Above Top Secret's Halloween Avatar Competition 2007 (RESULTS ANNOUNCED!)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Welcome to Above Top Secret's Halloween Competition 2007!

All entries should be submitted here: Above Top Secret's Halloween Avatar Competition 2007

This thread is here to discuss anything pertaining to the competition. All comments, questions, etc., should be posted here.

Good luck to everyone!

[edit on 8-11-2007 by chissler]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
WOOO HOOO!!!!!!

OUTSTANDING Chissler....

I had forgotten that time of the year is here......

I am getting to work right now on mine...

Can't wait to see the WONDERFUL images we always get this time of year...

Semper

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Can't wait chissler!

Too bad I don't have photoshop anymore, I'll have to get by with GIMP. I think I'll still go for the heavyweight title though.

Good luck to all who enter

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Well, not to offend anyone quite yet, haha yeah right..
, the bar has been set quite high.

All in fun mate. Artistic ability is not our only concern here. Points can/will be doled out for much more than shear artistic ability. Make an honest effort, but overall, have some fun with it.

Two entries already!

Ok, Ok, one and a half. (As soon as we get confirmation, from our household expert, that yeahright has created this image all on his own doing, we will consider it for judging.)

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Ok, Ok, one and a half. (As soon as we get confirmation, from our household expert, that yeahright has created this image all on his own doing, we will consider it for judging.)

Well if you can tear jritzmann away from the Billy Meier stuff long enough to render an opinion...

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

By the way chissler, are we allowed to use our avatars that we enter in the competition?

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole
By the way chissler, are we allowed to use our avatars that we enter in the competition?

You may enter any avatar you wish. While I do promote that members wear the avatars they submit, it is not a prerequisite. But the more members who do, the better it looks.

We'll see a nice push as the day nears.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

Ok got mine on now, thanks for the quick reply.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   
That's no fair! You can't go make contests where nobody has a chance! My was unwittingly born for this contest. I mean, c'mon, what's scarier than the convergence of Terrorism + Global Warming doomsDay After Tomorrow mushroom-cloud apocalypse? We're talking about extreme terrormongering being used to usher in and justify omnipotent artificial intelliegence. At least you made a lightweight category.

lol

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Hey!!!!

Come on over to this Thread and have your "SCARY HALLOWEEN" or other creative avatar... JUDGED...

It is a good way to show off the Halloween spirit...

Rate Avatars

Semper

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Ok I may sound naive here, but I have a question. All artwork in the avatars must be original and unique to ourselves correct? Meaning I cant cut and paste anything and put it into the picture and submit it.

I am assuming this is a yes, but I am asking anyways.

Will definitly challenge me to explore photoshop more and try to be creative on a new level. Fun fun !!

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ellipsis
Ok I may sound naive here, but I have a question. All artwork in the avatars must be original and unique to ourselves correct? Meaning I cant cut and paste anything and put it into the picture and submit it.

The image you submit does not have to be 100% your own work. You can take images from the web and tweak them to our needs here. The only thing the rules stipulate is that you do the editing, and not ask for help from anyone else. Assuming of course we are discussing the Heavyweight Division. If you read above, you will see the difference between the Heavyweight & Lightweight.

So if you are to use a base image from a google search, etc., that is perfectly acceptable.

Hopefully this answers your question. If not, feel free to reply, or u2u me.

[edit on 2-10-2007 by chissler]

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
That answered my question. My avatar atm is all mine except the alien and the pumpkin, I kidnapped those from someone else recolored them and popped them into the avatar. I am especially proud of the background and the colors, it all came together nicely.

I am debating what theme I want for my contest entry. I think what I have now is lovely, but not spooky enough.

Time to get the drawing board out and make something and see where it takes me. In the end the process is sometimes more fun then the actual product itself !

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Ok here's my first attempt, but how do I resize it to be bigger?

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Ok here's my first attempt, but how do I resize it to be bigger?

I believe the link is in the original post for the entries thread. ^^

I would love to see it bigger. Is it one of the avatars from photobucket and their new avatar creator? I made a few of those a while back they are fun to play with.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I like the cute little avie too. I am thinking tho that I would like to keep the one I'm using and add some writing that says (In cool writing)

Deny Darkness or Embrace not Darkness. Something to that affect. But how do I do it and where do I go to do it? I like the possibility of sparkling words???

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Some excellent entries thus far.

Keep them coming!

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   
HEY Chissler!!!!!

Absolutely GREAT Avatar....

Shame your not in the competition...............

I'm in and anxiously awaiting the rest of the entries...

Semper

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I really like yours, Semper.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
oh man, I love DarkFlame's, I am trying to be that for my halloween costume, well done.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join