It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Stake Out Home of Brett Darrow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Police Stake Out Home of Brett Darrow

www.thenewspaper.com

Missouri: Police Stake Out Brett Darrow Home
Saint Louis, Missouri police stake out the home of young motorist whose video of an out-of-control police officer garnered international attention.

A young Saint Louis, Missouri motorist faces trouble with local police upset at the national attention his September 7 video of an out-of-control officer has drawn to ongoing problems within area law enforcement agencies. On Sunday, Brett Darrow filmed a Saint Louis Metropolitan Police Department cruiser staking out his home.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
paulharrisonline.blogspot.com

[edit on 27-9-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
This one is just for all you guys who said you wanted proof that it was Police Officers on the CopTalk message board making the comments about following him, staking out his home etc etc. Well it looks like those threats are becoming a reality. So are you still going to defend these cops? Be sure to note this cop car is a St. Louis cop NOT a St George cop. Darrow's address in in St. Louis.

Also interesting to note...Darrow had another charge dismissed on Sept 8th. He was ticketed for making an illegal U-Turn, and of course he had it all on video and brought the video to court to defend himself. The case was dismissed when the officer (this one a female officer) failed to show up to court for the second time. What makes this so interesting? The female Cop is the same cop who arrested him back in 2005 when he was assaulted by an off duty officer. Coincidence? That story can be found in the additional news links.

www.thenewspaper.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Apparently "protect and serve" has been changed to "Aggravate and Infuriate." When will this madness of out-of-control cops stop? It makes me sick to the stomach

[edit on 9/27/2007 by Sandro]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
If i was this guy, I'd set make sure i have a camera system covering as many angles to my house as possible, uploading to a secure source aswell. Those cops seem pissed, and it seems this is going to bet worse, before it gets better.

Edit to add: Thanks for the update section8citizen, this story just keeps getting crazier.

[edit on 27-9-2007 by InSpiteOf]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
This is sad, this is really #ing sad. When are people going to wake up and demand some friggin accountability?!?!

Nobody wants to interfere with police that are actually trying to fight crime. But at the same time, we expect some reasonable level of oversight over these cops!

The 4th amendment clearly states that you are to be secure in your person and your possessions in ALL PLACES, public and private. The police can only search you if they have a genuine reason to believe that the search will turn up evidence of a crime. Hence, if the search doesn't turn up evidence of a crime, the police did not have probable cause to search you!!

What's with the double standard from these pigs?! "If you got nuthin to hide, then whatcya hidin'? Huh? You must be committin a crime!!"

But when we try to apply that logic to the cops the go ballistic and intimidate their critics!! They claim that we're interfering with their jobs and letting crooks go free. But if they aint got nuthin to hide, what are they so scared of?!?!

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Well, if I were him I'd get my lawyer and walk down to the police station and let my lawyer tell them exactly what's up and what I was doing about it (i.e. counter-surveillance). Then if something were to happen I'd be somewhat protected.

Peace

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Yeah this situation is really out of hand for Mr. Darrow. It is one thing when you hear about these types of stories, but I think it really changes drastically cause we are hearing about this one person. This last tape is really creepy though. He lives on a dead end street, if police are on his street just camped out it is obvious why they are there.

Sorry I have been away the last couple days, I had a run in with some police myself. Totaled my car, cracked my coconut open and went to jail. I'd say I had enough excitement this weekend to last a lifetime.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Terribly sorry to hear about your situation. i hope your noggin is doing ok.

It seems to me that this guy could easily build a harrassment case against the force in his area. I guess the only real issue is, would it actually solve the problem, or just make it worse?

Besides, if he files a suit, cops would proobably ignore any legitimate calls for help from him in the future.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
These cops sound more like gang members or school bullies and I know this sounds bad but I hope these cops lose everything and I hope this kid keeps up his surveilence and gets em again doing even worse then his first tape. I also question the compotence of these police as they must be quite stupid since the kid seems to film everything and they are just askin to make the situation worse FOR THEM! I will laugh when this kid finally sues and wins for police harassment and wins barring the judge isnt a corrupt moron as well.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Nice work, Section8, thanks for the update. It will be interesting to see how this all pans out.

apc

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Sounds like the pigs are building a pretty good harassment suit for him. Last I checked sitting outside someone's home constitutes stalking.

These cops seem to be acting as if they believe they are gods. Well, they are not. They are mortal, and they had better shape up before people start to prove it.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Can I ask what is this guy doing about this? Does he have a lawyer, is he recording this, keeping note etc. So he can use this as evidence on harrassment and intimidation fromthe Cops??

Ive been looking at the threads in interest over this case let me know if this guy is going further in getting justice will yas.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Considering his first settlement he got form the City of St. Louis, I would imagine he would get a attorney. Surely money can not be the issue.

Other than making his videos, I am not for sure what he has done. I was out of action for a days, so I will see what I can dig up now.

InSpiteOf: Thank you. My noggin is feeling a whole lot better today. I had a really good concussion, I still don't feel 100% but I am 100% better than what I was the last few days. It's nice to finally be able to think without feeling like I got to make a path through the haze.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Finding a lawyer to take the case would be hard but thats one of the proper things to do. I would call the State police and the FBI demanding something be done about it. The best thing that this guy can do is to get his local community on his side and really take it to the police.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
***UPDATE***

Brett Darrow had a phone interview today on the Alex Jones show. To listen to this interview go to Infowars.com click on "listen" then select your media player. It is right around hour 2 that the interview begins.

Darrow makes some interesting statements regarding his situation.

*When he met with the St George Chief and asked for the officers dash cam video- it was "missing" but the police had every other video the officer had ever turned in.

*Darrow mentions the "CopTalk" web site and the threats that were made. Including: Shooting him and dropping a gun next to his body to frame him. Staking out his home. Finding reason to pull him over. Also it was revealed that these officers on the site posted up a map with directions to Darrow's house.

Interview is not over yet...I'm sure more will come out but I wanted to post now. The show should be available through infowars until 2pm EST on Thursday if you care to listen for yourself.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by section8citizen

Do you know if there's a way to download the show and skip to the parts of interest? I dont want to sit and wait for the streaming audio to come around to it. Alex Jone's is a little bit too much of a blow-hard to listen to for that long

top topics

join