It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Private Security Contractors working in Iraq. Must See.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Maybe they should leave the country if they go through so much. They are there to make easy money so they don't deserve sympathy since they choose that lifestyle

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 1-10-2007 by chinawhite]

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
That was pretty darn cool I have to admit.

Although I also have to admit it's not right, but cool none-theless. C'mon, you can't seriously say you've never wanted to do something like that. It's wrong, yeah, but awesome.

As long as no one gets hurt and no damage to property is done, regrettably it looks as if damage to property was done. Which is bad in my book.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Who are the REAL terrorist?. People dont deserve their cars to be run over or being shot at.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite
Maybe they should leave the country if they go through so much. They are there to make easy money so they don't deserve sympathy since they choose that lifestyle

www.youtube.com...

What a bunch of absolute prats. This type of childish behaviour is tactically unsafe, reduces the peoples confidence in the forces, hurts the people we are supposed to be there to protect and most of all is just fcuking unprofessional.

These lads think they're beig funny, but I'm sure any PROFESSIONAL soldiers, either serving or past, will see these knobbers as what they are - wee boys pretending to be men. This is the sort of thing that just makes recruits for the insurgents, which makes life more dangerous for me when I go out there.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Here's a bit more info about our "contractors" (primarily about Blackwater Mercs, C.A.C.I., KBR, and Titan).

Google Video Link

That should give a bit more perspective on the issue.

[edit on 10/2/07 by redmage]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
It depends what you perceive a mercenary to be. In my eyes a mercenary is merely a person with a certain skill attempting to make a living with what they know best.

Shattered OUT...

Most folks here when using the word merc/mercenary/etc... aren't using it in a positive or complimentary way though. The implication is that you have a bunch of folks who will do anything for money, including kill their fellow countrymen(which many here have asserted), or basically that since their ETS/Retirement they've turned into bloodthirsty sociopaths.
My point was that while you can find bad contractors, bad soldiers, bad cops, bad school teachers, etc.. it doesn't mean that you can make sweeping generalizations about their motivations being negative in nature.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
That was pretty darn cool I have to admit.

Although I also have to admit it's not right, but cool none-theless. C'mon, you can't seriously say you've never wanted to do something like that. It's wrong, yeah, but awesome.

As long as no one gets hurt and no damage to property is done, regrettably it looks as if damage to property was done. Which is bad in my book.

Shattered OUT...

I myself have wanted to work for Blackwater USA at one point. I mean, we get to play with high-tech weaponry and equipment, kick some major ass, and make a paycheck.

At the same time, I remember the deputy commander of the 3rd Infantry Division once stating that mercenaries commit atrocities that are often blamed on the U.S. troops instead. That just makes me very angry.

An interesting point to get across is that this is nothing new. In some ways, the "modern" era of history is defined by the state's ability to produce military force. In pre-modern times, military force was not created by the state, it was bought. Some people like William Lind constantly refer to the possibility that the state no longer has a monopoly on force like it once did and we're returning to the pre-modern days.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join