It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy of Silence on Syrian bombing

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by maxseamus

This story is interesting since it does mention that Israel was able to get almost all the way over Syria without being detected.

To me this was the most shocking element given that the Syrians have the very best in Russian detection technologies. It seems as though the Israelis used some exotic technology that should have the Iranians panicked as well as anyone else that is an enemy of the Jewish State.

Likewise shocking was all that Hillary Clinton disclosed regarded the Syrian bombing by the Israelis. It seemed a calculated moment to inform the public that her coronation was complete and now she was the one in the know and not any other Democratic candidate. But because of its calculation -- as one finds with everything Senator Clinton does or says -- I am inclined to be very sceptical of the content of her disclosures re North Korea and Syria. It cost her nothing to say it. If it is disinformation, it is very convenient disinformation, and it made her look much more impressive.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by maxseamus

Wow. Just wow. That's something.

This really seems like this is a go because -- if that analyst is correct -- I don't see the Iranian government imploding anytime soon. In fact, it seems Ahmadinejad is about to get his apocalyptic confrontation pretty soon.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I would really like to know what Isreal has that can penetrate those defenses so easily. To be able to fly all that way and hit a target and get back safely is very interesting.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I would really like to know what Isreal has that can penetrate those defenses so easily. To be able to fly all that way and hit a target and get back safely is very interesting.

Well I don't think it was electronic jamming because that would alert the Syrians. How about just plan old NOE, Nap of the earth flying be some highly skilled pilots?

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by on_yur_6

Well I don't think it was electronic jamming because that would alert the Syrians. How about just plan old NOE, Nap of the earth flying be some highly skilled pilots?

Maybe something even wilder. What about a trojan horse? That tech came from Russia. Who's to say that Russia didn't install some sort of remote disabling equip to appease the Americans and Israelis to allow the sale to go through? I realize that seems counter-intuitive on its surface, but the Russians would sure like to sell Syria more equipment from the stuff that the west destroyed in any attack.....

[edit on 9/27/2007 by behindthescenes]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by on_yur_6
How about just plan old NOE, Nap of the earth flying be some highly skilled pilots?

I believe that would be possible with the Israelis, but my hunch is that it is a kind of technology simply not known and is probably one of many such technologies in the IDF's bag of exotica.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by behindthescenes

Maybe something even wilder. What about a trojan horse? That tech came from Russia. Who's to say that Russia didn't install some sort of remote disabling equip to appease the Americans and Israelis to allow the sale to go through? I realize that seems counter-intuitive on its surface, but the Russians would sure like to sell Syria more equipment from the stuff that the west destroyed in any attack.....

[edit on 9/27/2007 by behindthescenes]

What if the Russians simply didn't install it properly because the Syrians hadn't paid them for it yet? Sort of a "pay your bill and we'll turn the lights on for you" situation.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   

‘Ship of Giants’ Said Attacked By Israel in Strike on Syria [Israeli Air Force Shoots at Starship]

However, and according to these SVR reports, in the early morning hours of September 6th, an American Airborne Warning and Control System (AWACS) aircraft patrolling along the Syrian-Iraqi border alerted Israel’s Air Force to the entry of a ‘suspected non-terrestrial’ aircraft into Syrian airspace near the city of Aleppo 350 km north of Damascus.

fourwinds10.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by behindthescenes

I don't think there is anyway the USA or Israel could simultaneously make every Russian/non Russian designed radar system not see aircraft that are not jammed or utilizing stealth. The systems are not interconnected and I doubt they were designed so that you can change the operation of the software via radio frequency. Flying below the radar is the only other alternative. Everything else is just a wild guess unless someone can be more specific.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   

What if the Russians simply didn't install it properly because the Syrians hadn't paid them for it yet? Sort of a "pay your bill and we'll turn the lights on for you" situation.

The Syrians had existing anti-aircraft systems in place that utilize radar before the Russian systems arrived.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by maxseamus

Outstanding article. Know idea if it is true or not but maybe your friend at Bloomberg has additional sources.

As much as I disagree with President Bush on many topics, I think the Iranians picked a pissing match with the wrong cowboy. The generals running around worried makes me think they are starting to realize their mistake and it may be too late. I'm they are hoping and praying for the US elections to go their way.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Terrapop

That is one crazy article and its very difficult for me to give any serious consideration to the article because its from another no name source. 'Fourwinds10' what???

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The raid came from across the Med and Turkey, by the looks of what I've been able to gather...

The Israelis, according to this account, had "dropped munitions" over deserted areas before departing. The report did not specify whether the Israelis had bombed any targets. The following day, fuel tanks were discovered inside Turkey near the Syrian border. Other jettisoned tanks were reportedly found inside Syria
www.time.com...

Turkey has asked Israel for clarification after finding two fuel tanks on its territory near the Syrian border.

The tanks allegedly belong to IAF warplanes, a diplomatic source said Saturday. Turkey's Hurriyet newspaper Saturday published photographs of what it said were fuel tanks jettisoned by Israeli F-15s sent to gather intelligence on Syrian installations near the Turkish border.
www.haaretz.com...

They were sketchy, but one thing was absolutely clear. Far from being a minor incursion, the Israeli overflight of Syrian airspace through its ally, Turkey, was a far more major affair involving as many as eight aircraft, including Israel's most ultra-modern F-15s and F-16s equipped with Maverick missiles and 500lb bombs. Flying among the Israeli fighters at great height, The Observer can reveal, was an ELINT - an electronic intelligence gathering aircraft
observer.guardian.co.uk...

All bolding mine

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   

It seems we have passed a red line here if in fact North Korea shipped the materials and know-how to Syria. I'm not itching for a new war, but man! I would think this is the least amount of excuse the U.S. could use to justify bombing Iran.

To behindthescenes

Excuse me, but where in the hell do you find any reasoning in what you posted, tell me what reason does the USA have for bombing Iran, go on tell me.

WHAT, because they want to advance technologically and help promote security to their own kind against potential aggressors along with providing a alternative fuel for their country, perhaps McDonalds don't have enough franchises in Iran for Americas liking.

As an Englishman I can tell you this, we really liked and respected our American cousins for what you initially believed in, for how you strived to push all the bounderies back and say and believe that you could overcome any obstacle and still be a good honest person / nation.

You go and bomb Iran or North Korea or any other country in the near future and my estimation is that the rest of the world will turn its back on you and a fair few turn on you.

Time to pull your horns in America.

[edit on 27/9/07 by Wolfie_UK]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfie_UK
Excuse me, but where in the hell do you find any reasoning in what you posted, tell me what reason does the USA have for bombing Iran, go on tell me.

They provide arms and money to terrorist groups.
They are providing arms, money and personnel in Iraq to kill the allied forces.
They took British military hostages for no reason and other hostages from other countries.
Once they get a nuclear bomb, they will use it probably against Israel first.

How much more do you want?

You go and bomb Iran or North Korea or any other country in the near future and my estimation is that the rest of the world will turn its back on you and a fair few turn on you.

So what?
Who gives a crap what 'others' think.

Time to pull your horns in America.

Time to pull your head out of the sand!

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
There is lots of speculation that this target was a nuclear one. Finding real proof of that is nearly impossible, but when excellent sources muse about nuclear tipped scuds, you need to pay attention.

North Korea/Syria collusion for a nuclear threat to Israel is, imho, behind this

Andrew Semmel, a senior US State Department official, said Syria might have obtained nuclear equipment from “secret suppliers”, and added that there were a “number of foreign technicians” in the country.

Asked if they could be North Korean, he replied: “There are North Korean people there. There’s no question about that.” He said a network run by AQ Khan, the disgraced creator of Pakistan’s nuclear weapons, could be involved.

*SNIP*

According to Israeli sources, preparations for the attack had been going on since late spring, when Meir Dagan, the head of Mossad, presented Olmert with evidence that Syria was seeking to buy a nuclear device from North Korea.

The Israeli spy chief apparently feared such a device could eventually be installed on North-Korean-made Scud-C missiles.

*SNIP*

An expert on the Middle East, who has spoken to Israeli participants in the raid, told yesterday’s Washington Post that the timing of the raid on September 6 appeared to be linked to the arrival three days earlier of a ship carrying North Korean material labelled as cement but suspected of concealing nuclear equipment

www.timesonline.co.uk...

edit for spelling error only

[edit on 27/9/07 by masqua]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

And that is nothing more and nothing less than most nations of this world have done, whether it be in the last ten years or last 500 years, if your history can go back that far.

I used to feel comfortable when the term World's Police was used by the USA, now it smacks of the World's Dictatorship.

Can we buy it ??? "No Mr. President"

Can we steal it ??? " No Mr. President"

Will they trade with us for it ??? "Yes Mr. President"

Are they Americans ??? "No Mr. President"

Might aswell go and bomb them then, yuk yuk yuk

Just too quick on the trigger finger for my liking.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
AHEM!

Howdy everybody, please stay on topic and stop the personal sniping back and forth as it adds nothing to the existing discussion at hand.

Thank You

[edit on 9/27/07 by FredT]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by cav01c14
who cares if they supplyed Iran when they become a threat to us in the homeland then I will care and Im sure many americans think the same....get out troops home.....

We all should care given the rhetoric of the United States and Israel saying they will not let Iran have nuclear bombs. It could be the start of WW III if in fact N. Korea has been supplying nuclear material and technology to Iran.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Well if North Korea is guilty of giving Syria nuke supplies and support then maybe NATO and Israel are getting Their ducks in a row for an attack on North Korea and Syria. We would need allot of help with this one to secure everyone in the Regions. Sounds crazy but Lil Kim has been warned countless times to not do this.
The Israeli air force is one of the best in the world as far as skill and technology so it comes as no surprise that they made Syria's air defense seem useless.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join