It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alaskan UFO 25/09/07

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   

UFO mystifies local officials

Several Kodiakans saw something fall from the sky Tuesday morning that may have landed in mountainous terrain on Kodiak Island. The incident prompted 911 calls and a helicopter search was launched from U.S. Coast Guard Air Station Kodiak, but no crash site was found.

The pre-dawn lightshow happened about 6:45 a.m. and could be seen from several places on Kodiak Island. Some witnesses described a light moving across the sky toward the Gulf of Alaska. Others saw an explosion and red tracers. The light was bright enough to be seen from Kodiak city and Chiniak, about 20 miles away across Chiniak Bay.

Alaska State Troopers also reported sightings at about the same time on the Kenai Peninsula.

Source

Multiple witnesses including State Troopers say they saw this UFO. Coast Guard and rescue workers have searched for a crash site, finding nothing. Authorities have even contacted "space agencies" to ask if they were missing a satellite. I'd say it seems pretty certain that these people saw something. I wonder what it was.

[edit on 27/9/07 by Implosion]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Meteorite?

That or space debris

Either may well have burned up before reaching the ground so leaving no obvious crater

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Could be anything, really. No point in following it up further unless some other evidence presents itself. But then again, no further evidence will present itself without further follow up. Catch 22, lol.

But seriously, probably a fireball from space. That is the most likely cause.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
It was a bonafied UFO. Unidentified flying object or in this case (falling object ). I'd like to see if they find it and let the public know what it was. I'd love to see a light show like that as long as know one got hurt. Thanks for the news Implosion and let us know if you hear anything else about it.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
it is just mass hysteria induced by a weather balloon that flew through swamp gas.
overactive imaginations of the un-informed public..

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Here's a link to the Kodiak Daily Mirror web site article about this:

External Link

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
You just know there is some guy who gets word of something like this and takes a trip up to Kodiak Island to search for a meteor. He finds it then sells it for 400,000 to 1,000,000 and calls it a days work.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by uv777bk
External Link

That's where I got the story, but like a fool, I left it off the OP. I'll edit it in there now. Thanks for that.

mod edit- the word fool is more suitable

[edit on 27-9-2007 by kleverone]

top topics

join