It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's so great about being emo?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
WTF? Emo kids...
I get irritating just thinking about em.
I just don't get this trend. Can anyone shed a little
light?

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
well ill help you^^just couse i dig this girl that is emo
emo means emotional,a really emotional and deep person,but shortly explained emos are people who always are depressed and cry,dress in tight black clothes,have piercings,listen to metal,have punk hair and blablabla.
some of them like the same sex usualy.
most of the emo guis i think are homosexuals(no offence i just heard its like that)
they are grosse for me
but emo girls are cuuuuute as hell^^little cute emo girls aaaaaaa^^
but they also have these piercings on the mouth that are GROSSE.
but when i see the colored hair and that dark eyes how can i resist.
but i guess if u have an emo for girlfriend u are screwed,you just wont get along

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Oh, OK. I was wondering what emo was too.

It's a cross between a mod and a goth. We had those in the '80's too.

Same package, different name.

Thank you for clearing that up, Unisol!

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
No No..emo is a goth wannabe..who just doesn't have the guts to go all the way and gets depressed about it.
Very EMOTIONAL yes...too much so...:shk:

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
the best kinds are emo kids,like the girl i dig
they are just wannabe emo's who just want to look emo but dosnt have the requirements.
this girl is cheerfull and happy but dresses like emo => emo kid

also i heard that they like to go suicide and cut theyr veins
thats why saying "cut your veins emo!
"makes your day happyer

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
see pseudo intellect

i swear, most of the kids i have met that embrace the whole "emo" scene are so full of themselves

90% don't even know what they're doing with their lives they're just hopping on the trend bandwagon

it's been around for a good 5-6 years now and i'll give it another 5-6 years before it completely dies off.. like even more so then the punk rock scene

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
i know like some posers,they just want to show theyr make up and think they are different and "cute" or sometin,sure emo girls are cute as hell,but the whole reason is the colored punk short hair and the dark on the eyes,if it wasnt for that.....damn

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I have to agree with the Phantom here..Iam a member of another site and there is a difference between goth and emo.Emo..is a fad,a trend, that may pass in time.And a sad one at that.These kids have no idea what they are doing,they just want to be a part of the "In" thing to do.
:shk:

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
i guess i agree too.i dont know much about goth,but i guess its a livestyle,but emos is just a phase that the mind is going to reject in time when it gets "bored" or "older"

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Emo is a label that is given by idiots who want to categorise people who have a different taste in music. The emo stereotype is also wrong because most of the emos I have met aren't suicidal depressed poets. They are mostly human.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MacDonagh

You are right..it is a label...that many WANT to be called.It is more than music..dress hairstyle..depression...poetry..or cutting yourself for attention.It is just a trend...and everyone has labels for others whether they are wanted or not, and we are all guilty of labelling ourselves,based on our jobs our marital status,our lifestyle, our sexual orientation,They are all labels.
You choose what to label yourself...as for everyone else they are entitled to their opinion, it is your decision to accept it or not.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I don't understand the concept of emo. In fact, I don't understand the concept in labels. Emo, from my understanding, is a label that people label themselves, but some self-proclaimed "emos" have personalities that differ from what they label themselves. So why use the label?

Anyone who labels themself as ANYTHING lacks originality, and that's quite annoying in itself.

I don't know. If emo means they listen to emo music, why don't they just say they listen to emo music? If emo means depressed, why don't they just say they're depressed? If emo means emotional, why don't they just say they're emotional?

So confusing!!

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
i have heard this term before ... but never knew what it ment... i'm a bit too old for this new stuff... i was in high school in the 80's.. and we had much different lingo back then... damn i miss the 80's... i still think the 80's were the best time's to live in.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
in no way does emo mean emotional, we might as well all call ourselves emo unless we are not human, emo means emotive, and the usual style of music is called emotive hardcore, and people are emo for a number of reasons, it is impossible to find a single reason they all have in common, I know emo kids, some of them are depressed, some of them are attention seekers, some of them dont want to be emo but dress it anyway, some of them just like the music, and so on, the emo trend basicaly passes after high school, I dont think it will phase out entirely, but after high school, as my brother has told me, people grow out of it, unless they start a band or something. and for the record, I HATE emo, I just know a lot about it because I am in a high school that really sucks when it comes to the people that go to it

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I believe the answer you want is "hot emo chicks". Personally, I'll make fun of emo music and alleged fashion as much as any sensible person, but lets be honest, some emo chicks are damn fine.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
i respect you man^^im exaclty the same,i just love making fun of emo style to the limit,but some emo girls with the pink short cool hair and the black eyes,o god irresistibleTT^TTim just MAd about emo girls

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   
It's just a trendy music/ style that makes kids feel more cool than just being "Indie"(nerd glasses and boring striped clothes). It will pass as it has no underlying cultural basis, it's pretty much just a trend. It has now earned fame within popular culture, so it's becoming no longer cool.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Anybody who feels the need to label themself and then dress accordingly IS an attention seeker. End of story.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
C'mon people, let's see some emo pictures we can crack on.

Emos can only see out of one eye because their hair is blocking the other.

Peace

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   

[edit on 8-10-2007 by The Phantom]

top topics

join