It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychological Mind Control in Religion

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by emjoi
Christian teaching does have a bit of that North Korean Propaganda about it.
The Leader is Great.
The Leader is Perfect.
The Leader does no wrong.
If you think you see something wrong, it's because you don't understand the Big Picture.
There is Nothing without the Leader.
Never doubt the Leader.
People who question the Leader are Bad people.
etc

There is no comparison to Jesus, who died a horrible death for OUR sins and is alive forevermore.
Jesus doesn't make us obey him, or kill us by running over us with steamrollers like kim il.
Do you know HOW MANY christians have been killed by his regime????
How many orphans he has made????
Go to VoiceoftheMartyrs.com

Don't live in ignorance.
Jesus saved me and I wasn't even in a church. I was suicidal and drug-addicted. He didn't give me money or a home. He just forgave me and made me as clean as a newborn babe! He still communes with me and I don't have to make an appointment!!! He helps me through prayer EVERYDAY, all I have to do is ask him. God said" Taste and see that the Lord is good."

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
To put this thread in a nutshell:

Christianity teaches: You are born evil (you are born in sin)

Truth teaches: You are born good.

One look in the eyes of a child will let you feel the truth...no need of a bible to tell you otherwise.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I dunno. I've met some mean little kids in my time.

Having said that, the whole idea of carrying the Guilt of my forefathers idea just doesn't sit well with me. And not just in relation to Original Sin.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Mind Control in Buddhism

Its been enough Christianity-Bashing by myself in this thread. If you think hardcore-mindcontrol can only be found in Islam, Christianity and Judaism, take a look at the "peaceful" religion of Buddhism.

I am taught by buddhists that "all life is suffering". Ah...same story as in Christianity then, eh? "No thanks" I say. My life is pure joy, learning and adventure.

Next I am taught by the devoted buddhist that I must come back and reincarnate until all souls are freed. Furthermore I might reincarnate as a rock or an insect. This conviniently distracts the mind from the possibility of not having to reincarnate, being able to reincarnate to other planets or planes or dimensions or any other of the millions of possibilities out there. Its "you have to reincarnate" and it may be very dull.

So then I spend my life sitting around and studying buddhist scripture in a monastery, having my head shaven and reciting mantras dictated to me by others. And this is somehow supposed to empower me or enlighten me. If I at least could have chosen the mantra myself. Or the incarnation or non-incarnation myself.

But thats not the agenda of religion. The agenda of religion is to trap the soul and the mind in a limited view of reality and strip one of true spirituality.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join