It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychological Mind Control in Religion

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   
yes, and according to that, anything contradicting biblical teaching can be interpreted as "Satans tricks".

I have discussed with christians too often not to know how it works. We would sit there and discuss, and after awhile he/she would say that I should stop speaking because Satan is speaking through me. In other words, since I dont agree with his/her views, I must be "using Satans tricks".

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
yes, and according to that, anything contradicting biblical teaching can be interpreted as "Satans tricks".

I have discussed with christians too often not to know how it works. We would sit there and discuss, and after awhile he/she would say that I should stop speaking because Satan is speaking through me. In other words, since I dont agree with his/her views, I must be "using Satans tricks".

I'm sorry that happened to you. There are many contradictions to Biblical teaching and not all are tricks of Satan. They are simply misunderstandings of His Word, or things that we, as humans, are unable to comprehend at this time.

Perhaps those discussing topics with you had not been taught properly or it was simply past their knowing and they wouldn't admit that. It is always best to use Father's Words to answer questions if at all possible. If those teachings go against that Word then they should be suspect.

There are different interpretations of many of the Biblical teachings but there are also absolutes. The warnings about the false peace at the end of days are well documented in the Bible and shouldn't be questioned. It will happen.

...........Whirlwind

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by whirlwind

There are many contradictions to Biblical teachings

It is always best to use Father's Words to answer questions if at all possible.

There are different interpretations of many of the Biblical teachings

the Bible shouldn't be questioned.

Is it only me or are the phrases above a prime example of the threads topic????

No offense to you whirlwind, I know you mean well. But what you just said equates to

"Well, the teachings dont make sense, but they shouldnt be questioned"

...which is a symptom of mind-control and requires some cult-deprogramming, imo.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Is it only me or are the phrases above a prime example of the threads topic????

No offense to you whirlwind, I know you mean well. But what you just said equates to

"Well, the teachings dont make sense, but they shouldnt be questioned"

...which is a symptom of mind-control and requires some cult-deprogramming, imo.

What I am trying to say, and apparently not doing a very good job of, is that we each are captain of our own ship. You are responsible for your soul.

What people teach should always be questioned. What God teaches should not. The only way to know is for each of us to read the letter He wrote. It does not lie.

Certain teachings that didn't make sense to me a few years ago do now. I would think it is that way with everyone that studies. Also, some of the scriptures can have three different meanings in how they relate to a subject but they will NEVER conflict with each other. There are times you can read a verse then reread it a month later and your eyes are opened to a deeper meaning. It is the living Word. Just as God breathed soul into man's nostrils, He also did into His Word.

So...if you have any questions they should be answered in the Book. If you listen to a person always have them document it from the Book and then the decision will be yours on whether or not they are correct.

It is anything but "mind control." Rather, it tells us we each are in control of our destiny. Think of it as your father leaving you for a long, long time but he left a letter with instructions to teach you how to live a happy and productive life. You make the decision on taking his advice or not.

......Whirlwind

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   

What I am trying to say, and apparently not doing a very good job of, is that we each are captain of our own ship. You are responsible for your soul.

Yes. Agreed.

What people teach should always be questioned.

Yes. Agreed.

What God teaches should not. The only way to know is for each of us to read the letter He wrote. It does not lie.

So, I shouldnt have opened this thread because it questions the bible, right?

Certain teachings that didn't make sense to me a few years ago do now. I would think it is that way with everyone that studies. Also, some of the scriptures can have three different meanings in how they relate to a subject but they will NEVER conflict with each other. There are times you can read a verse then reread it a month later and your eyes are opened to a deeper meaning. It is the living Word. Just as God breathed soul into man's nostrils, He also did into His Word.

And other teachings and books are not Gods word then?

So...if you have any questions they should be answered in the Book. If you listen to a person always have them document it from the Book and then the decision will be yours on whether or not they are correct.

So if it cannot be documented from the book, it is not true?

It is anything but "mind control."

Its not?

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   

What God teaches should not. The only way to know is for each of us to read the letter He wrote. It does not lie.

So, I shouldnt have opened this thread because it questions the bible, right?

I think it is good to raise questions and you can certainly question the Bible. How else could one find answers?

And other teachings and books are not Gods word then?

No, I didn't say that. If other teachings conflict with His Word then they are not of God. Other books and people can certainly teach about Him and His Word but to be accepted they must align with what He has told us.

So if it cannot be documented from the book, it is not true?

If it is in contradiction to what He said it is not true. Perhaps someone has a deeper insight to an event. It may or may not be true but if they say something that goes against what is written.....it is not true.

it is anything but "mind control."

Its not?

No, it isn't. I don't understand why you think it controls your mind. As I said, you have free will to accept what He tells us or not.

...........Whirlwind

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   

If other teachings conflict with His Word then they are not of God.

to be accepted they must align with what He has told us.

If it is in contradiction to what He said it is not true.

It may or may not be true but if they say something that goes against what is written.....it is not true.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. So, let me get to the bottom of this: By "his word" you mean the bible, right?

As you can see above, you have stated 4 times that whatever contradicts the bible is not true. Thats what you are saying, correct?

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Thanks for taking the time to respond. So, let me get to the bottom of this: By "his word" you mean the bible, right?

Yes.

As you can see above, you have stated 4 times that whatever contradicts the bible is not true. Thats what you are saying, correct?

Yes. That is what I believe.

I don't understand everything the Bible tells us (I don't know if anyone every has, including the prophets themselves) but there are things that didn't make sense to me before but they do now. I trust that will happen with the other things.

There are so many divine touches of His hand in the Bible that I don't doubt it at all.

........Whirlwind

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I’m not trying to incite a riot here, but it’s offensive to me the way politicians from both spheres hijack Christianity for political gain, particularly the republicans. I’ve met a lot of people over the years who seem completely befuddled by the psychological trickery the rightwing has employed through their incestuous relationship with the church. They’ve made it embarrassing to be a Christian, by spreading a gospel that is in direct opposition to what the real Jesus taught. What saddens me most is knowing that these poor people actually believe they are promoting Christianity while simultaneously supporting a party that is unabashedly corrupt. In fact the weak-mindedness of the group is so revolting it makes others lose faith.

In my neighborhood local priests were actually making rounds to area houses before the last election to encourage voters to vote for Bush instead of Kerry - Not that it matters since both party’s only care about corporations anyway, but still, I thought that was a bit twisted.

Another guy I know who genuinely considers himself to be a Christian is involved in some weird rightwing scheme where they register in all sorts of websites in groups of twenty-five or so, and then surreptitiously try advancing rightwing policies. In his own words the things he says and post while attacking opposing views are vicious and rude. Yet he became involved with this movement apparently through his church!

I’ve read recently where evangelicals were considering splitting ways with the republicans; which would be a great thing as they deserve so much better, but with hate radio, fox news and pastors telling them how to think and who to hate - I’m guessing it’s already a dead proposal.

One thing you can always count on: people using insidious strategies to give themselves great power over others at the expense of many, and that these plans themselves will destroy those who devised them.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by whirlwind

"Anything that contradicts the bible is not true".

Thanks for admitting that that is your belief. Deep down it is the belief of most christians, because thats what they were conditioned/taught to believe. The root of this belief is also the cause of most of the suffering in the world.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sexysadie

sure, but this is still all christianity and variations thereof, causing trouble, war and strife in any way. you are pointing your finger at other christians and calling them "not the true christians"...the exact same thing all other christians are doing.

The reason christianity is the root of many evils becomes apparent when looking into the psychological mindset shown in this thread.

Christianity is an endless finger-pointing at "who is wrong", while re-instating oneself as "right".

Utter madness created by heavy mind control.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Anything that contradicts the bible is not true".

Thanks for admitting that that is your belief. Deep down it is the belief of most christians, because thats what they were conditioned/taught to believe. The root of this belief is also the cause of most of the suffering in the world.

There is truth and it wouldn't matter if we were or were not conditioned. It is there.

The suffering in the world is good against evil. That will be part of our existence until the end of this age.

.......Whirlwind

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Christian teaching does have a bit of that North Korean Propaganda about it.
The Leader is Great.
The Leader is Perfect.
The Leader does no wrong.
If you think you see something wrong, it's because you don't understand the Big Picture.
There is Nothing without the Leader.
Never doubt the Leader.
People who question the Leader are Bad people.

etc

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redge777

My belief on this is that excommunication was to protect those weak in faith that might be deceived.

I agree completely that the flock should be protected.

But when the fear of rejection is greater than the benefit of confession, a congregation may in fact be no more godly or clean than the unbelievers they are quick to scorn.

These people have been conditioned to fear the elders of their church more than God Himself. The idea that ‘God sees everything’ means nothing to them, for it is the eyes of the elders they wish to avoid.

[I’d never seen so many people living double-lives congregating under one roof.]

As for myself, I questioned too much, too well... and they didn’t like it. They didn’t reject me, though – I didn’t hang around long enough to give them the satisfaction of using me as a way of inciting fear amongst the others – all because I was a ‘thinker’ and a ‘questioner’ (that’s apostasy, in their opinion).

Using your own mind is a downright annoyance to them – I guess that is because it’s not supposed to belong to you any more.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by emjoi

I will try and give a logical reason to worship the God that is all good.

If God is good, then following his love and advice is what you should do. Its a no brainer.

If you believe God is made by man, or is not all good, well don't follow that God(in my mind a false one anyway) Why not follow him? Because he is not good, so even if you think God might not be perfect love, still follow the God of perfect love.

If it did turn out God was neutral or evil, well then you don't want to follow him anyway! Spite him by following the God of all goodness, besides if God were all evil, we would all be screwed anyway.

If your answer to this is that you follow no God, I only say that what a person covets most, defends and works to advance is their God, for many it is money, some it is power, and their are many other self created false gods.

And we do not disagree with God, because he is all good and loves us. If we do question things we don't understand, he helps us to learn what he means and better understand his all goodness. Why would you question motives of love and kindness?

[edit on 4-10-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by emjoi
Christian teaching does have a bit of that North Korean Propaganda about it.
The Leader is Great.
The Leader is Perfect.
The Leader does no wrong.
If you think you see something wrong, it's because you don't understand the Big Picture.
There is Nothing without the Leader.
Never doubt the Leader.
People who question the Leader are Bad people.

etc

very good point. there is also another thread running currently about how hitler himself was a christian. no surprise there though. All one has to do is look at the REASONING of fundamentalist christians posting in this thread to see that this reasoning will eventually lead to evil deeds. "We are better than the others".

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Redge777

But there you go. You're doing the North Korean thing!
The Leader Loves You. Personally.
If you don't love him back, then you must be selfish, materialistic, and need reeducation.

And it's impossible stuff to argue with, because it is so self-reinforcing.

[edit on 4-10-2007 by emjoi]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
we wont be seeing any christian showing up here questioning his own beliefs anytime soon.

The very responses to this thread actually confirm what the thread is trying to point out. A mind that has been hardcore-mind-programmed will not question its own beliefs. It will not say

"gosh...I dont know...maybe I am wrong. I will believe this and trust it, but hey, if I learn something new I will look into it."

Instead it will go for total submission to the master, become a slave out of fear of punishment (hell) and re-inforce its "i am right, others are wrong" philosophy on a daily basis.

Should any christian show up and say "maybe I am wrong" this thread can be closed.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by emjoi

the true question is if God has a "members only" jacket, and totally sweet hair...

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic
reply to post by emjoi

the true question is if God has a "members only" jacket, and totally sweet hair...

Well, given the choice between The Fonz and Dear Leader Kim Jong-il for Supreme Deity, I know which I'd prefer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join