It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Annother 'blacked out' Mars Mission?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
What do you all think?

Is this just annother co-incidence or is there a legitimate problem?

Seems to happen with every Mars mission now, it goes good for awhile and then... nothing!

Are we being lied to so they can hide info from us?

Is there aliens there sabotaging the missions?

Is NASA overlooking things that are causing these missions to fail?

What is going on here?

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Could be all of the above or some of the above or none of the above but my best guess is that there is a phenomenom there that our instruments can't register, or gov cover up.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
We've never landed anyhting on mars before.....

Space exploration is still very primitive in the overall scheme of things I believe.

I think all people involved on the mars exploration project should be commeneded for even getting as far as they have with the project.

Find the problem...make sure it doesn't happen again...and do better next time...

Chris

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Personally I think that the martians took it for a joy-ride

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Seems to happen with every Mars mission now, it goes good for awhile and then... nothing!

Are we being lied to so they can hide info from us?

probably yes

they hide A LOT

Is there aliens there sabotaging the missions?

maby humans sabotaging mission here on Earth.

What is going on here?

i donno

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzChris
We've never landed anyhting on mars before.....

Space exploration is still very primitive in the overall scheme of things I believe.

I think all people involved on the mars exploration project should be commeneded for even getting as far as they have with the project.

Find the problem...make sure it doesn't happen again...and do better next time...

Chris

dude like this damn, ither you been living under a rock or weve all been fooled!

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I most apologise...

I meant with this rover technology...

Chris

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
oh i see sorry for comen off like a jerk

yes, theres no questen wether that its a near inposible feet!

I hope this expandes the space program to new great heaths!

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Well...if you can land a small object on a alien planet millions of miles away, then get it to run perfectly in un-predictable and alien surroundings, then I might buy into it.

Until that day comes I think you're jumping the gun just a tiny bit.

I know these guys are suppose to be uber smart, but alot of this stuff just comes down to luck. There are countless things that could go wrong, we're lucky we got anything back from it at all.

[Edited on 22-1-2004 by John Nada]

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackgraceGazia
Personally I think that the martians took it for a joy-ride

Some bastard twocers did the same to my car a couple of years ago - I got it back with the gearbox completely wrecked. All I can say is that I hope the Intergalactic police catch the little grey buggers and give them a stern talking to.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Lots of good comments, if landing a probe on mars is so difficult and the odds of success are not that great as some posters here suggested then why such ambitious projects then from NASA?

Maybe they should keep the probes much simpler and just send more of them? Would that make exploring Mars more successful?

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Lots of good comments, if landing a probe on mars is so difficult and the odds of success are not that great as some posters here suggested then why such ambitious projects then from NASA?

Maybe they should keep the probes much simpler and just send more of them? Would that make exploring Mars more successful?

Why be so ambitious? Well it's generally in human nature to be curious. We are explorers, that is what keeps us going, to explore the unknown.

I don't think we got where we are now by going "Oh that's far to difficult, what's the point? We might as well just do a half arsed attempt"

If they were given the funding they wanted they would be trying to do these ambitious projects everyday, and to question WHY is very cynical.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 07:33 AM
link   

I meant with this rover technology...

Can you say Pathfinder? I knew you could....
It actually worked LONGER than planned if I recall correctly...

The mission is still a general success, as it seems we've found some ice crystals, etc. Even if it never made another beep, they got enough data to keep them busy for months.....

I'm with Nada completely on this one....

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   
As I have said before Mars could very well have fluctuating Gravity caused by its liquid core and the pull of the Suns gravity.

Spirit was designed to work in 1/3 the gravity of Earths. If a gravity spike happened to take the gravity to twice that of Earths then the rover could very well collapse under its own weight.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Interesting theory...but first I've heard of a liquid core... Then again, I've never read much about it...but that doesn't seem right....

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I think there is definite cover up. The government saw something alien through the rover's eyes and decided to shut down so the public wouldn't see what was going on. We're being shown what the government wants us to see.

It's just like with Phobos 2 (I think that's the correct satellite) when something was approaching the satellite that caused it to go off line. Only the public wasn't told an object was approaching it. A Russian had to show the public the pictures. It figures since we are the only country that doesn't like talking about UFO or strange things in the skies.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Interesting theory...but first I've heard of a liquid core... Then again, I've never read much about it...but that doesn't seem right....

Two years ago, following the detection of a strongly magnetized ancient crust on Mars, David J. Stevenson, professor of planetary science at the California Institute of Technology (Caltech) published a theory that "Mars probably has a liquid, conductive outer core and might have a solid inner core like Earth," in a review article in the journal Nature in 2001. However, if Mars had a core like earths then it would possess atleast a small magnetic field which it does not. The lack of a modern day magnetic field on Mars has until recently been explained away by saying that the core of Mars is completly solid.

According to the data returned by the Mars Global Surveyor, Viking 1 & 2, and the Mars Pathfinder scientists discovered that the core of Mars was completly liquid. If the core is completely made of liquid then the only way to not produce a magnetic field is for the liquid not to be spinning. This non spinning hot liquid would be greatly succeptable to the pull of the suns gravity. If this is true then just as the sun and moon act to create high and low tides on earth the gravity of the sun pulling on a completely liquid core could cause high and low gravity tides by displacing mass to one side of the planet.

[Edited on 23-1-2004 by BlackJackal]

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Well, with the new news that Spirit is communicating again with earth, I'm gonna have to say nope. No conspiracy here.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
but where are all the pictures???

i don't think they have it working quite right as of yet.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join