It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Idea

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2002 @ 04:33 PM
link   
My freshman year of college, I had a '72 240Z, straight six with dual Webbers.
Driving on a new pavement highway, I had a older 911 come up on my right, then almost at the same time, a brand new 911 come up on my left. They looked at each other and WENT! Being pissed that I wasn't included, I quickly caught them in my 2000 pound missle. The bad part was seeing 120 mph, thinking I'm crazy, and coming off the gass too quickly, teaching me for the first time the Moral:
Speed is Cool, but rapid deceleration scares the SHEEEEET out of you!

Particularly if you're driving an 11 year old rust bucket!

[Edited on 7-12-2002 by Bout Time]

posted on Dec, 7 2002 @ 05:54 PM
link   
240Z...go the Fairlady!! Love them older 240s and the 280s...nice ride for sure. There are a coupla 240s ripping around here...ones packing a narly 400chev, though the real screamer I saw runs a big front-mount intercooler...a front-mount I thought, hmmmm...chatted to the dude, he popped his bonnet for me - HELLO - an RB26DETT (Nissan Skyline GTR motor) running a big single T-88 turbo
700+ bhp to the rear-wheels...gotta love that

Its actually been quite an awesome few months here where I live, lots of Performance Car meets and cruises. A coupla Street Drags (where they cordon off a street, set up timing lights and peeps race their cars), one which was to be attended by a performance group called Croydons, who have a Nissan Skyline R32 GTR packing 972bhp and tapping a flat 9 second over the qaurter.

Also had a big Open Day last weekend for a Mag and Turbo shop in town, which was attended by a coupla hundred sweet Street Cars, of note was an old-skool Ford XA Falcon street/drag car stomping out a hellish 750+bhp AT THE WHEELS, NZs fastest Mitsubishi Lancer Evo...an EVO3 with 620 odd neddies and carding a 10.3 qaurter (not bad for a 2lt 4 cylinder! Which incedentially is being rebuilt as we speak and likely to punch out a 9 at the next drags).

Just this Saturday we also ran a Dyno Day which was attended by some phat cars...including the fastest Mitsubishi Lancer GSR (the 1.8lt 4WD turbo version) in Australasia...a little hell screamer soon to be busting out an 11
Hehehe...yep...I love cars

[Edited on 8-12-2002 by alien]

posted on Dec, 8 2002 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Thanx for the pic alien! thats some crazy revs! Ive been in love with rotary's ever since i saw initial d and i cant get enough of them.

If u love cars and dont mind anime - u should check Initial D out. Its this awesome anime about Japanese street racers - everything from Sprinters, to R32's, Sil80's, RX7's, Lancers - and it has awesome computer generated car animations.

You can get most of the eps off Kazaa i think,

posted on Dec, 8 2002 @ 08:53 AM
link   
You don't have any taste ! Look, that's a car ! It's not a Japanase crap !

I've one of this baby. But it's an old one ( 1997 ).

posted on Dec, 8 2002 @ 03:31 PM
link   
...yes...BMWs, tasty for sure UP...

...but:

A)I couldn't afford something like that, and,

B)The car I do have already eats them for breakfast

posted on Dec, 8 2002 @ 04:04 PM
link   
We have 100% tax on imported luxury cars in australia. We pay for say a Porsche 911 Gt2 US$200,000.

posted on Dec, 9 2002 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I'll run my '94 Saab Aero against an M5 anyday!

I've seen the Z car Chevy small block conversions......that is just sick!

I'm thinking of doing this car, w/the Chevy, it's a replica of a '62 Ferrari GTO ( but in a convertible which was not made):

I'll probably opt to do a Porshe 928 convesion to a new Z28 motor...the whole thing gives you a 350 HP Porsche for about $10K, including Labor!

[Edited on 9-12-2002 by Bout Time]

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Nobody, I say NOBODY can beat my M5 ! NOBODY !

It's not a little Jap's car who can do it. And for the Volvo, I never saw one who was trying to beat me. But if you like to lose, you can try to do it.

P.S : MadScintist, a 100% tax on import cars ???????
Do you have to pay this tax for all the cars that you buy ??????

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 10:35 AM
link   
by summer time I will take you all on in my neon

not a joke either I am working on my turbo system now and will be running 15 lb's of boost on the street and 25 to 30 at the track along with a 50 shot of nitrous to cool thing's down. I am shooting for everyday drivability and 10's in the 1/4. When I am done I will post pic's of it. oh and also going to be running a eltromotive stand alone engine managment system for the spark and fuel.

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 11:33 AM
link   
cherokee, when you'll be on the moon, send us an e-card !

And becarefull, the NORAD is able to shot you down with a Patriot.

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 07:59 PM
link   
ha ha ha very funny......
go read up on these little car's and the number's they run then get back to me....lol
fastest streetable neon right now run's 10.60's
fastest neon period run's a 9.30 still 4 cyl and automatic.

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by cherokee
ha ha ha very funny......
go read up on these little car's and the number's they run then get back to me....lol
fastest streetable neon right now run's 10.60's
fastest neon period run's a 9.30 still 4 cyl and automatic.

Do you know the difference between you and me ?
You, you are a driver. Me, I'm a pilot ! he he he....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join