It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Some Info In Michigan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I am starting a team of ghost hunters and need some haunted places to visit in Michigan. Preferably in the Grand Rapids area, but all submitted places would be helpfull. This team I am creating has the goal to reserach ways of contacting the other side, prove that paranormal happenings really do exist, and look for any answers to why this is happening. I do have some equipment so I am serious about this,not just some hack trying to just mess around. If anybody has any places they think would be a good place to investagate please let me know. Thanks!

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Have you not tryed searching on the web im sure there are lots of places if you look on google or something

Happy hunting

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The only place that comes to mind is The Fenton Inn. (Now a restaurant) It's had a long history of ghostly voices and apparitions. The one that is seen most is a man who appears amoung a group of costumers, orders a drink then dissapears.
There's also a hunted seminary (that's soon to be torn down) in Fenton.

This site has a decent list.
As does the "Weird Michigan" book, along with sources. Here

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Off hand, if I were to be doing some investigations into the paranormal, I might begin by trying to take tape recordings in St. Eloise Hospital in Westland, Michigan in the hope of capturing inexplicable sounds and even ethereal voices on tape.

Psychiatric Hospitals, in my opinion (based upon what I have heard on C2C shows concerning recording "paranormal" sounds) can be especially fertile grounds for such recordings to be done.

Regardless, you might start your research into the paranormal by going to all of the "typical" places: graveyards, old hospitals (even relatively new ones), prisons and, of course, old homes. You might also consider churches. Keep in mind that it best to try to obtain permission from the proper authorities before doing any of these investigations. In some cases, your mere presence can be construed as trespassing regardless of your innocent intent.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Not close to Grand Rapids, but I saw some really weird lights at Dead Mans Curve just outside of Saginaw, MI.
Contact me if you need directions, I could probably draw a map still. Been a while.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I did a little more "googling" about "haunted places" in Michigan and I came up with a few good sites:

The Haunted Side of the Motor City

Haunted Places In Michigan

If I were starting out to do some paranormal investigations, I probably would pick locales that had, through folk lore, been established (sic) as being "haunted".

top topics

join