It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK, Gettin' Ready And Stuff!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Allright!
It's towards the end of September. Halloween is just a month away.
Halloween is my FAVORITE holiday!
Mother Nature puts on her show. Trees burnished in leaves of yellows, golds, oranges, and browns.
Who can describe the 'delicious' smell of Autumn in the air? I simply call it 'That Smell'. When the air is so crisp, that your lungs rejoice with every breath. That a calling crow can be heard for a mile. When apple cider, and ginger snaps become a staple.

When the cornfields, who were green and bearing just weeks before, become a land of scary make believe. Where the 'Willo' The Wisps' live.
When patches of farmland which were filled with green vines suddenly are laden with an array of orange pumpkins.
When stories of ghosts, and goblins, black cats, and monsters are expected in a delightful way.

Ahhhhhh, Yes........
This weekend, I do the decorating for Halloween! Yeah!

I'm taking my son for a Halloween festival hayride! Yeah! Yep. For the first time in his life, he 'get's it'. There's a local place which has a Halloween fetival every weekend. (From now until Halloween day.)

A live band, corn mazes, lot's and lot's of food that taste awesome when your slightly chilly like boiled hot dogs (with sauer crought of course.), cider doughnuts, and co-co.....

Lot's of games......

THEN!

(Sound effect inserted here) Dum, dum dum dum.....

The haunted hayride!

Yep! A tractor pulled hayride through the pine barrens of NJ. (Just do the research on the NJ pinelands!)
It ends at a pumpkin patch, where all different sizes of pumpkins await. You pick your pumpkin, then bring it home on the SCARY hayride back home through the 'haunted' woods.

So this weekend is it! It's time!
My son is so excited! SO AM I!!!!!!! YEAH!
Our home is ging to be decorated with pumpkins, ghosts, goblins, black cats, and skeletons! Yeah!

I LIVE for this stuff..............

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I hear ya man.

My wife and I have be preparing for our annual Halloween Party for a couple of weeks now.

We're finalizing costumes this week ( it's a secret, but there will be pics here ).

Decorations go up next weekend.

I can't wait.....

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Halloween! My favorite! My kids have their costumes already and we're going to go out to the little kid trick or treat event the Telegraph Ave. Merchant's Association puts on. They got a lot of loot last year and it was easier than going around a neighborhood we don't know (nobody sane would trick or treat where we live, or their father does).

The best part is I get my pick of the candy after they go to sleep. Mmmm chocolate!

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

I can't tell you how jealous I am. Fall has always been my favorite season, and I've always been a huge Halloween fan. My best buddy (for over 40 years) lives across the street from me, and every year we'd put together a spread for Halloween night (meatballs, chicken wings, etc.) and take the kids out Trick or Treating. With a couple of beers as a bracer against the chill.

We'd stroll the neighborhood and yak and drink, keeping an eye on the kids and stopping by the our houses for a nosh & beverage refill. By the end of the evening, we were quite relaxed, the kids were pooped, and had way too much candy bagged up.

Our youngest (both boys) are in the 8th grade this year. He had to pretty much force his son to go out last year, and mine was only into it because he knew I was. So, last year was the end of an era for us.

I was talking about it to my wife last Sunday-

Me: So I guess it would be creepy for Rick and me to stroll around the neighborhood and drink beer this Halloween.

The Wife: Yes.

So there you go. Enjoy it, Bud. You won't believe how fast it flies by.

[edit on 9/27/2007 by yeahright]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Sounds awesome dude! Have a great time out there. I'm sure you and little Lombozo will have a fantastic time.

Hong Kong dosen't really do Halloween, there will be a lot of stuff in shop windows, but that's as far as it goes.

BUT

You have inspired me!! I'm gunna make an effort, and at the least find a real pumpkin!!

MonKey

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
yeahright...

Have a party at your house for adults... even if it's just 10-15 people, you can still have plenty of food, drinks, good music...

thats how my party started out, just a few friends and this year we'll have 60+....

another great thing this year, I don't have to dress up as a woman...

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

But, but, but.............. I protest! Long live Jane Jetson!

And Chikey - go get that pumpkin Dude!

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

True, true. But that won't happen on a Wednesday night. Plus, it's just different. I'm lamenting the end of an era. It's like the end of the last vestige of true childhood for my youngest. No more Trick or Treating. First you lose the tooth fairy & the Easter Bunny, then Santa, now Trick or Treat.

As ok as it would be to have some people over the Saturday before, it's a pale substitute.

Plus, I don't think I could come up with 15 people I could stand to be inside with for an evening. But that's another story.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I hear ya'. It does fly by. Much too quickly. That's why I drink in every moment. Also why I document alot of it here. That way when li'l lombozo get's old enough he can read my posts and tell me:
"Dad, you're such a weiner, you embarrass me."

[edit on 27-9-2007 by lombozo]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

Plus, I don't think I could come up with 15 people I could stand to be inside with for an evening. But that's another story.

What what whaaaat? You mean nobody here would be fun enough to be at your place?

Yeah, I know, we can't come, but imagine the Halloween party if your ATS friends list were guests ...

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

Ah, yesss. I should've been more clear. What I meant to say was, "I don't think I could come up with 15 people I actually know personally that I could stand to be around for an evening".

How revealing is it that the only people I can tolerate are ones I don't actually know?

I'm kidding. Kinda. As far as you know.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
I'm lamenting the end of an era.

I hate it when a good era comes to an end. That's kind of how I feel at the end of summer every year...with all the big neighbor hood bbq's ending..and the late night drinking around the bon fire's...and how all us women folks out last all the men (and have much more fun doing it too)

Bring on Autumn...I like this time of year too And I love the smell of chimney fires on a crisp night...

top topics

join