It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WE ARE LOSING OUR FREEDOMS, NOT SLOWLY BUT SURELY, BUT FASTLY AND SWIFTLY.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I HATE SOCIAL STUDIES (IN MY SCHOOL)
My "teacher", Mr. Galifa (loser), is perhaps the laziast teacher I have ever had.
All we ever do in his class is take gay notes, watch movies that are meant for three-year-olds and have nothing to do with what we're 'learning', and when we take a test, we can use our notes and he DOESN'T consider it cheating.
Also, he NEVER, NOY ONCE has given us homework, which tells me that he is to lazy to put anything together for us to do.
Now, my parents and I arepaying him for THAT #? And I can't even decide that that class is a waste and go to a study hall, instead, I have to pay him for being
lazy. Now where is the freedom in that?
And not only that, we're losing our freedoms of information, speech, privacy, losing the forth amendment, etc., etc.
This is how we are losing the rights mentioned above:

Freedom of info (already gone, but people don't know it): It is a fact that the government actually sponsored 9/11 and didn't INFORM us of it. Or didn't I get the memo? (See the article that I recently posted on ATSNN on that topic).

Freedom of speech (Also mostly gone but people don't realize this): A group of protesters against Bush were recently dealt with by the police, who used brute force against them, even though they were not violating any laws in their protests.

Freedom of privacy (Also mostly gone): Patriot Act Part 2
now alows the government to spy on citizens without a warrant from a judge.

Forth Amendment of the US Constitution (down the drain only weeks ago): This is also courtesy of the second Patriot Act. ( See my post 'F*CK THE NEW PATRIOT ACT!' on this topic).

Well, I reported, so you decide.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Unions helped to ruin the education system, so sad, teachers do not want to teach anymore, too much like work!

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
My guess is that if your teacher started teaching to your sastisfaction the class would have a 99% failure rate. The system is not designed to accomodate the bright ones.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 05:08 AM
link   
does he teach college?

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 05:33 AM
link   
"A group of protesters against Bush were recently dealt with by the police, who used brute force against them, even though they were not violating any laws in their protests."

err.... link?
i doubt very much brutal force was used against them if it wasnt neccessary.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Signs point to..

True.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   
i quit college cuz it was useless for me to go lol
only chains u into the society

[Edited on 24-1-2004 by banjoechef]

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   
You claim all sorts of malice by our government in your post and bitch about a lazy teacher decrying the lack of freedom in having a teacher who does not give homework assignments.

I am confused here...

Where were these students beaten for protesting? What part of Patriot Act II, EXACTLY, eliminates our freedom of speech?

Do you know the true intent and powers behind PAII?

PEACE...
m...

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeniusSage
"A group of protesters against Bush were recently dealt with by the police, who used brute force against them, even though they were not violating any laws in their protests."

err.... link?

I don't have a link for you, but I do have first hand experience with getting beat down by cops at a protest. We were protesting 98% peacefully *someone would occasionally get nudged or pushed around a bit when we were unfolding our signs*, and the cops decided to watch us. About 10 of them walked over towards our group and we continued to stand there, holding our signs. A guy that was 2 or 3 people behind me dropped his sign *at least that's what the people who were in his row said*, and when he bent down to get it, he knocked someone into me and I fell into a cop. They decided that was assaulting an officer, and suddenly there were boots and batons all over the freaking place. Some dude a few people down from me got maced, the guy next to me caught a baton in his gut then hit the ground, I continued falling to the ground after falling into the cop and was promptly greeted by a boot in my ribs followed by one in my back.

I can see use of force if someone intentionally attempts to injure an officer or is otherwise violence at a protest. However, if a person gets knocked over due to someone else's slippery hands and takes a beating from the cops, it tends to sour their opinion of the law enforcement community.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Kaoszero,

When did that happen? Was it a major protest with a bunch of people (50,000 or greater) or a smaller one?

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by deevee
My guess is that if your teacher started teaching to your sastisfaction the class would have a 99% failure rate. The system is not designed to accomodate the bright ones.

I am not proposing that my teacher teaches to my staisfaction. I am proposing that he lose his job.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuTroll
does he teach college?

Not college. Just sixth grade.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeniusSage

err.... link?

I heard that on the radio, so no, no link.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by banjoechef
i quit college cuz it was useless for me to go lol
only chains u into the society

[Edited on 24-1-2004 by banjoechef]

ive decided not to go to college for the same reason

plus, nobody will pay to let me go for writing, so screw it!

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
You claim all sorts of malice by our government in your post and bitch about a lazy teacher decrying the lack of freedom in having a teacher who does not give homework assignments.

I am confused here...

Where were these students beaten for protesting? What part of Patriot Act II, EXACTLY, eliminates our freedom of speech?

Do you know the true intent and powers behind PAII?

PEACE...
m...

Well, actually, I am affraid you understood me incorrectly. I made a mistake in saying "brute force". What I meant was, they were forced to stop protesting.

For your second question, once again, you misunderstood me. I meant that the evidence that we are losing freedom of speech is in the fact that those people protesting against bush were forced to stop deprived them of speeking freely.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blitersety

Originally posted by NuTroll
does he teach college?

Not college. Just sixth grade.

are you serious or is this sarcastic? (sorry, computers dont transfer emotions well)

if youre serious, dude....its 6th grade, what do you expect?

and the patriot act DOES NOT take away freek speech, true its a big downer, but you can still say WHATEVER you wanna say however loud you wanna say it, theres just going to actually be someone to hear it

new topics

top topics

join